Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin
I haven't spent much time on the site recently (had to care for 3 yr old grandson for a week & I didn't do much of anything else!) I've just caught up with your thread and I'm sorry to hear of your continued problems, and the diagnosis. I do hope that now the problem has a name it can be sorted out, and life becomes easier for you. No one deserves to be in pain, but particularly not you - you do so much for others on here, keeping us going with your funny quips and jokes. I know I have had several 'bad' days turned around by chatting to you.
I will try to keep an eye on your thread, as I've said, I won't post much now my recovery is just about done, but I am interested in how you get on, and hope that the doctors can help to put a stop to all your pain. Lyn xxx
 
I truly want to stay and relate this whole process. But I truly believe that narrating ones progress in something like this be it joint replacement or a possible condition that is linked and occours after, is a healing process within itself. Having the support of all the wonderful people here is like having an extra person on the playing field.
I'm glad you are going to do this. As well as helping you, it could also help other people who may find themselves with the same problem. They may not know you and your style, so it would be a big help if you could use the correct names and terms for the treatments you have - someone searching #CRPS a year or so later might not understand when you're joking.
 
#CRPS
I intend to post about different parts of the day to allow people to see how often CRPS can be similar to this replacement recovery process although there are differences as well. But draw from it what you will.

Not the best nights sleep. Just started Nortriptyline - 10mg to start, eventually will go to 50mg. Still very broken sleep.

Ok I know that when I place my foot on the floor - pain. Will say, morning, different levels but still there. So I think OMG need the loo. Age and drinking 1 liter of water at night guarantees this. Put all thoughts on loo. So swing out, place feet down. Think I really need loo. Pain is there but loo over rides it. It sounds too simple but it does work and requires patience in training the mind.

Hence every time I move I concentrate on my purpose. Oh for the record I have used those technique for years with balance problem and pain does break through sometimes. I stop, take good diaphragm bottoming slow breaths, then back on to purpose. Oh I get zapps as many of us do, that sudden jolt that comes from nowhere and think hey what was that for? I'm being good and resting, ,,,,,,,,,, slow deep breath back to purpose.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin your coping technique sounds like you have, as you said, practised this alot already. I do remember in the first week of recovery, being so stiff and ouch-y when I got up to go in the night that I couldn't even dare think of the relief it would be to have gone, or I would have never made it the six steps to the bathroom door! :lol: so, concentrate on the urge, as you are.
I want your meds to help you sleep SOON, like, tonight maybe :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @Legin Your first write up re your responses and action is very interesting. I haven't heard of much of this before. Like @zauberflöte I want you to improve soon, very soon. You have really kept your spirits up which is amazing. When's your next dinner for 8? Roast tomorrow?
 
Hi there Nigel - I have been missing in action for a few weeks, but I have quietly followed your progress. So sorry to read that you are in such dreadful pain. It is not fair!

I do like your attitude of 'mind over matter' so to speak in dealing with the 20+ level zaps of pain. But I acknowledge that it can't be easy to maintain this frame of mind. Full marks to you :)
 
Ty Poppet I will admit its not always easy and yesterday was probably the worst day so far, have I done too much recently im not sure I don't know enough yet about this condition to see if it works that way. I dont want to moan etc but I truly hope I don't have a day like that again. Will post later on the fact how still produced meal for 6, with help tho.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Legin Sorry to hear of your pain yesterday, sounds a nightmare. You say "I don't want to complain" but you are entitled to when things are so difficult. You are amazing at keeping active during this time of this adversity. i don't think I would manage a meal for 6 even with help!

It was great that you picked up on Lunes post. Her reply to you showed how relieved she was that she was not the only one in the world with nerve issues. I remember feeling similarly when I wrote about my multiple allergies in relation to my hip op and it was such a relief when I think it was @HollyB who replied. I thought I was the only one with this complexity LOL.

Hope today is at least one degree better for you x
 
In my many years of supporting people in not only a professional basis but on a friendly basis one thing I have learned is we are never alone. One of the most bizarre sessions I ever did was on a roof and and talked a young person from jumping and to come down. Oh btw I was on crutches getting down was another thing.

Legin THR Sep 1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Legin

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. You always cheer everyone up around you. You are so kind to everyone and jolly them along despite being in such dreadful pain yourself.

I'm glad you're able to use a form of Mindfulness to help try to overcome the pain with mind over matter as Poppet said.

I'm glad to read you have help with today's meal, I agree with what you say about you do too much but sometimes we have to just to distract from pain.

As you can see from @copsham's post, your information and support about the added complication (CRPS) you have with your hip recovery is helping others. Marvellous news. It's lovely you were able to help/reassure Lunes.

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Hi again @Legin .. so soon,
A correction it was @zauberflöte with allergies and hips!

What a coincidence, you referred to being on the roof with someone wanting to jump. I have that experience too a while ago in my working life. I was sitting talking with someone on third floor roof wanting to jump oblivious to my own risk. When the Fire service arrived all roped up I realised the danger to me! That was the very first time I had a twinge in my left hip and it did not reappear strongly again until I retired. It is fascinating what triggers the hip, partly physical partly stress maybe?


 
Wishing you an ample supply of Highland Park @Legin, not for consuming, more aromatherapy. Leaves you better placed for doing all the stuff on your list too, as a man with the busiest life I have heard of in a long time. Just a little peaty hug your way.
 
#CRPS
Ok as stated yesterday was a v painful day. However family was coming for celebration dinner for eldest step son. Now the kitchen is mine but even I realised making tortilla pie, his favourite with guacamole paprika wedges and homemade coleslaw wasnt going to happen. Also the wiffff told me in no uncertain terms. We all have had that useless feeling, made worse when we cant do something that was always ours.
Now my poor wiff isnt the most confidant in the kitchen but we agreed to do roast pork homemade yorkshire puds roast potatoes and parsnips plus other veg. She prefers to cook traditional. I sat on my trusty bar stool in kitchen we both chopped etc I did timings her biggest fear and hey a grand meal and great experience. We still can do things just takes a bit of thought adapting and accepting its not I its we

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Team work. Glad your celebration meal went well.

I made a cup of tea today for hubby, mind you he had to carry it through to the lounge. But its a start.
 
@Legin keep an eye on yourself with the nortrypteline (spelling?). I took it for another condition, and it made my heart rev up quite high. Just if you start to feel that, you know what it may be.
I'm pleased we have the hashtag idea sorted. You have been so supportive of so many of us through our trials, I'm pleased we can learn more and support you
 
@Legin there is no 'I' in 'team'. Together Everyone Achieves More. I know it is hard to let go when you are used to having the kitchen to yourself. I have had to learn to let go too. Hubby has trouble with the timings too. It is hard!

You are managing well, thinking of you, my pal.
 
Hi Nigel @Legin , I think you're doing very well. I hope you terrible pain will at least subside - a Little - of course we all want it to be gone entirely. Making big meals for the Family reminds me so much of my own situation. But it's nasty to stand in the kitchen when you have hip pain - I found it worse than running on that hip - which I actually did until November.
So you make meals for 6. Great. I cook for the Family, too. I did the Christmas meal with the help of the children. 10 People came last Christmas. My daughters came with all their Partners. We've been doing a traditional English Christmas meal in the past few years because I've got an English husband - Turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce, roast potatoes, parsnips and other vegetables - somehow it's also a German-English friendship meal if you like.
Carry on reporting about your Progress or how things are getting on - and do Keep your sense of humour, it's valuable. Bye - Constanze
 
Nigel, I have found that life is just a series of compromises. I remember the day I did not start with my soccer team. I cried. and then, I thought--do I love the game or do I love being a star in the game?

I came back and played with them for several years as a sub---after all, I was 45!! Now that I am 70, I find that the compremises are still there for skiing and biking. But pain, constant pain is a real and true burden.

My husband has constant pain from a back injury and failed fusion. He struggles to walk 100 yards--he uses two hiking sticks instead of a cane and just keeps on moving. It is difficult, but it is so disheartening to miss out on life.
 
Thanks all who have posted warm wishes. Oh lordy why cant I keep my big mouth shut yesterday was even worse. Im getting used to terms of the lingo for #CRPS this is a flare up. I banged my toes not hard but ayayayayiiiiiiii, and continued for 6 hours.
Again please any new viewers to either bomesmart or my thread this is a post about my condition Its a rare condition my main aim is to focus on pain relief which for some at times will be of use in the recovery process of joint replacement.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom