Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin
I love your adventure with grandson. Have you read the Faraway Tree by E Blyton to him. A magic tree that children climb up and there is a world at the top can be the land of upside down, the land of .... can't remember(!) but for 5yrs ++ it appeals to the imagination like you do. When my grandson stayed over, at bedtime he said monsters can't get in here can they coz you've got a gate!!

On a more crude level when we were swimming he saw my incision and said "is that where you do a pee from?"!!!! This shows that my scar is not in competition with the finest lines that have been shown on bonesmart !!

Thoufght twice about posting this and then have!!
 
Life is factual its when we stray from honest factual communication things go wrong.
Ty for book idea, he is intrigued by idea I made stories for the girls that imcluded them and grew to incl friends and teacher.
Back to thread. Im spending what seems more and more time on the old brain retraining thing and focusing on nerve pain. I use techniques I use for tinnitus and balance. That is face it and then work on it. Best way to explain is say what I do. Sole of heel and ball of foot is always sore but most times as place foot down its like hot coals. So I make my self walk and before I place foot I tell myself ok its going to be sore but soon foot will be off ground. Then work on hey numpty its not that bad and look at all about you. I would say neighbours think im mad but take that as read. I walk in garden enjoying sun and look for things I can do with G'son re potions. In short make the pain not manage my life.
Ok and please those in recovery remember my situation is different. Normally pain equals STOP please do this. My pain has nought to do with damage where pain site is and its may never go away. Hence my facing upto it. I say again to 99.9999999999% of you if movement causes pain stop as soon as is safe.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
I agree with you @Legin. I have permanent chronic pain ( not knee related) and use the same approach. I went on a Mindfulness course and what you describe is part of the Mindfulness philosophy. Don't fight the pain, live with it, but be aware of it. It is part of your life. You can only do this like you said if it has been fully investigated medically and won't do you any harm. Normally any pain means STOP, something is wrong.

I am pleased you have found a coping mechanism that works for some of the time so that you can enjoy time with your grandson. That time is magic.
 
Oh Lizzbizz my friend ty my thread is brighter with your appearance. Im not sure about the open mindness but I developed idea with balance prob if it felt uncomfortable just gritt teeth and get on with it. Gonna hop over to your thread.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin your description of how you deal with your pain is really helpful to understand.

I did similarly when I spent several years avoiding hip surgery (totally phobic!) I used to feel that I had to get on with it, feel the pain and go with the flow. Parallel to that I was telling everyone "I'm fine" so that i did not get pressure re surgery. I convinced myself I was fine but only after the surgery could I see and feel what a toll it had had on me.

Hope sun is shining for you - it is here!

Copsham x
 
I understand what you say and did the same ie so quickly rushed into surgery. Its not recomended tho in the joint wearing situation. But yup the brain has amazing powers.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin how about an update on the whole hip/leg/foot business. I just read some of your posts and I think we could do with knowing how YOU are please! XX
 
Oh, - looks down and sees a spot he is on.
Ok re non-opp hip, sore and restriced, I see consultant in May to see what is to be done. Its under a wee tad of pressure due to silly leg and foot nerve thing.
Leg and foot nerve thing not too good. On good days can walk 50 to 100 steps before I have to stop. Bad days a lot less. Each footfall is akin to walking on sharp gravel barefoot, though about 1/3 foot still numb. My electric zapps of sudden electric stabs have increased substantially in both foot and calf. But hey thats the way the cookie crumbles. Going back to drs today wiffffffff nagged, hit, and well forced issue. Sorry its not the usual Legin post, normal posts will resume forthwith. Always wondered who is forth to be with us but hey ho dont ya just love the english language.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
@Legin - please tell it like it is when you are at the doctors. It is so unlike your usual self to tell all - usual self being accepting of your lot and very stoical !!!! I wish I could share some of my good developments with you but may be that comes later. In the mean time lots of positive vibes are being tossed over Hadrian's wall - please catch them and use them x
 
Thanks both of you. Both of you are wayyyyyyyyyyy more in a worse situation than me and I find it hard to say im not doing well anyway.
Ok in drs for 40 mins, sheeeeesh and a few ows with the odd beezer, oooops sorry for language. So pregabalin upped to max dose and ref to pain clinic.
Ty again for wishes im really ok just well ya know

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
At least there is hope when different things are being tried, so good luck with the higher dose, hope for you it is the answer x



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Legin I am glad you visited the dr. I so want this to resolve for you. Hope new dosage helps, and I have heard goo things about pain clinics as a species-- may they be of great help!
Have you ever seen the American comic strip called Sally Forth? That's the forth you would have to be with. May the forth be with you! ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
I am glad your doc is taking notice. I hope the higher dose of Pregablin works. I am off to the pain management consultant tomorrow. I hope the Scottish system is quicker than the English one. I was referred about six months ago and had an initial consult in January. No treatment as yet and I am not very hopeful about tomorrow, but will give it a go. Nothing to loose!

Chronic pain is a very personal thing and is hard to quantify, we all react differently to it. I wish there was a magic wand that we could wave when it gets to the stage where the pain is not serving any useful purpose except causing us grief.

Take care my friend.
 
Oh @busylizzie
Doesn't the system fail us sometimes! To get referred to the pain consultant things must have been persistent and bad and then waiting 6 months is terrible. Hope it is successful for you though.

@Legin lets hope your chemist has enough in stock for your higher dose!!
 
Never what ever happens I will always chortle its in my genes well mutated ones.
No change yet but to early to see any poss benefits.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom