Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandsons are made for us to get them dirty - I hope you had great fun together. I'm so sorry you are still in pain- you and I will be here for ever at this rate xxxxxx
 
Aye lass shame to put up with me for so long. Its just as daughter said only you dad, one of those things sometimes I get angry about it which isnt me. Lyn you will be fine its just a wee hiccup im sure.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Very conscious that I seem to be moaning on here, so quick update. Nerve shock zapps have increased so. Foot still purple colour and two toes basically look like they have been caughtin a door deep purpley red. They are the toes with feeling other toes still numb but incredibly dry skin. Spoke to dr on phone all they said was its not DVT as tests showed. Mobility now rubicubes I was walking miles weeks ago now its yards. Ah well could be worse.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Legin I feeling ashamed when I whine about my "slower than I want progress" when I read about what you are going through. I truly hope they can figure out how to help you. Is it your operated leg that is making you go backwards in your recovery or is the pain of your other hip contributing to that as well?
 
Hiya its operated but putting pressure on other which will need operating on soon, it ok I was just updating and wondering if anyone else had similar. Next step could be amputation with a butter knife

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh ty sorry bad manners. Im on hold on phone

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm so sorry you are having these problems, and never apologise for moaning, you don't moan, and even if you do, we are here to listen.
No solutions, but just plenty of hugs xxxxx
 
@Legin I have just been catching up, last 100 posts, and it' makes my heart go out to you. All this messing around they are giving you, and unsatisfactory answers everywhere. And you keep up what is your already legendary humor and cheer. My hope for you, of course, is that your life goes back to what you love doing, pain free!
What started my post here was the fact that your description of your driving exactly matches mine. My dx is "vestibular migraine". My nemesis is a small but long and dark tunnel with black/white stripes going blipblipblip just at eye level. Freakout!
I was given an avoidance diet, but have found that it is airborne allergens which are the real trigger. Has anybody mentioned this to you?
You know, fathers/daughters are a whole nother animal than mothers/sons, I tell you! Daughters want to take care of Dad who has protected them all their lives!!
Meandering, sorry... :)

My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Legin just catching up with your posts. This is so unfair for you You definitely deserve a a pain free life. There is nothing I can say - I always what to find answers but no solutions jumping out at me. You are one good person, so supportive to all, now where's the answer to your dilemma.

I have started to read www.painscience.com a booklet/article by "Paul Ingraham" on trigger points. Haven't got far though.
xx
 
@zauberflote I havent heard of the avoidance diet will have a wee look. My diet is very Mediterranean esq but also quite spicy.
The driving can be fun or not one thing my peripheral is so heightened no one sneaks up on me.
Humour aye that would be the funny face, from childhood I learned that its best to look for the good things in life. But ty your post made this old ramshakled lump go misty.
@copsham thanks pal it was just a statement pal right now its life and life goes on.
So on that mode a tonic is grand children for past few days myself and my wee shadow have scoured the garden and surrounding countryside for ingredients for his potion he is making. Mainly mud weeds feathers, dog droppings I countered against, so he announces that its magic potion to grow my hair back, yes it was applied. The next day he anounced after the new ingredients had been put in, Pops its for your bad foot I want to stop you hurting. So after the biggest most misty hug it was duly applied. Will keep you appraised.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Awww, that is lovely. My 3 yr old grandson took responsibility for my Cryo cuff, they so want to help us, it's heartwarming. I hope your day is a good one today xx
 
@Legin that potion MUST work on your foot - a big wish!!!

@Ellejay it is such a lovely age!. My grandson is so polite one minute "Thank you Nanny for passing me my truck" the next he says "where's my toast" in the most demanding way possible!! He checks every week if my leg is sore and I assure him I am fine! We have been round the garden collecting snail shells because of his poor vision he picked up some "bird's poo" but nothing to compete with legins grandsons mixture!

I relief to stop thinking about hips for a while!
 
@Legin eeeeww please no poo of canine, really?? Well, we never know, do we. I think it's the wee shadow presence that counts the most :)
The avoidance diet took away most of my frequent veg and fruit, beans and peanuts, etc etc. what's a vegetarian to do? No cheese either. I gave up on it bc I couldn't give up every food I eat! For me it really seems to be allergy related.
I would love to be one of your family-- adopt me?? ;) :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
So what do you eat. Esp a veggie. Daughtet is a veggie I have recipies we all like so she doesn't feel odd one out, this is a noisy family when all home deffo Walton esq. I have wondered tho in past if any diet change could affect tinnitus or balance thing. But I do believe my brain retraining work has allowedme to mask this silly pain thing. Only thing I cant mask is silly zapps.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
You questioned whether diet change could affect your tinnitus or balance thing ..... A few months before my op I did a gluten free diet for three days. I felt a surge of much needed energy and unexpectedly my asthma improved a lot. My head also felt less 'fuzzy'. So I am now eating gluten free which surprisingly I found not too difficult providing I can plan ahead. Looking at google it has a relationship to balance/ tinitis too!

This might be a good alternative to your grandson's potion!!!

When you mention your "silly zaps" I feel it - I think of it as silver paper on a tooth nerve x 1,000,000

Have a good day ......

x
 
Thats the one with accompanied jerks. Checking out glutten free as we speak.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Just made a wonderful gluten free cake - Nigella Lawson's clementine cake!!! Can be found on the internet - very simple and very moist .. mmmm ...

I am getting back to "normal" The only "not normal" things are:

1. Feelings of numbness under both ankles, inner and outer. I massage but it makes no difference.
2. About 2 inches around my scar feeling numb, massaging makes no difference
3. Feeling tired at the end of the day and legs ache when I have a mildly busy day.

I am taking it as a matter of time .... hopefully ....
 
@Legin @copsham i tried to go GFCF several years ago, but the CF part takes months to clear out of your system, and I kept having infractions, so, not too successful on that. I eat minimal wheat and dairy, not sure what effect I get, except no wheat equals no hot flashes (totally not menopausal, that's long gone).
What I eat? Whole grains-- oats rice cornmeal. Legumes-- beans peanut butter. Veg and fruit out the wazoo! Olive oil, eggs. Turkey at Thanksgiving, and chicken occasionally when needs must. Fish but watch the mercury. Seem to have developed allergy to crab, dang!! There is nothing like a good Maryland crab cake!
Hubby gets a whole different meal than I; we share veg and fruit.
Haven't eaten red meat or pork or lamb in 40 years-- not sure how it would go down!
I have a different kind of tinnitus than youall describe. Mine is constant and mostly background, a verrrry high pitched whine or hum. Been told it may be related to a lifetime of playing flute and piccolo, also could be vestibular related.
Cheers! It is spring here!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Ty both for your posts. Re the diet thingmabob. There is a major problem and bluntly it is finance, I do all the cooking menu planning etc. Believe me im very frugal and inventive. EG filleted a chicken yesterday and will get 3 meals for four adults and a wee one plus dogs will hv a tasty meal. We eat mountains of pasta and I priced the gluten free and just not possible and its just not in me to have what ij my mind is the expensive meal whilst rest arent. Indeed many times in past I have used the its ok im not really hungry to justify my portion being small. Its not easy to admit this but my problem is I have an obligation to my self and others to always be honest well can bend things a wee tad.
Re tinnitus mine is like when you first get on a plane wee whine sometimes taxis others its taking off. As with many things its stress related. Right now the old psoriasis isn't the best. On plus side brilliant weekend me and gson went on a megga bug hunt. Youngest daughter texed are you free to chat I said of course good she said im at the door. Megga megga hugs. They know this daft old sausage loves surprises. Cheshire cat syndrome is another one of my ailments.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh @Legin, not fair, most of the actual gluten free products are not particularly nice so I am sticking to meals based on rice or potatoes mainly. Apparently you can get gluten free products on prescription but only if you are diagnosed - as this is not an orthodox situation how do you get diagnosed? Oh well worth a thought!

Back to the Cheshire cat syndrome you have a lovely family around you and are a lovely Dad, granddad x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom