Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your honesty .... what an attribute!
 
Chortle. I long ago realised to be dishonest well it requires higher levels of intelligence than I possess and also the going red at drop of a hat doesnt help. I do love potatoes tho and have a load of rice dishes rissotto a big fam fav and good at using up leftovers.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nerve problems @Legin your post gives me an even better notion that I want to be adopted into your falimy! :)
I actually didn't buy "gluten free" products, as they are mostly made with white rice. White carbs and I don't get along well... You are a far more imaginative cook than I-- I am perfectly happy to eat the same breakfast, lunch, and supper day in and day out! All that requires is oatmeal, eggs, fruit in season, brown rice or quinoa, beans, olive oil, and seasonal vegetables. I think it's delicious, but get odd looks when I take a meal out with me :lol: set in my ways you could say... Or, of course, LAZY! Haven't made a risotto in A decade...
@copsham I meant to say re the numb patch-- I am nearly two yrs along, and still have a sizable one. It didn't surprise me; I had very similar effect from a "bikini" hysterectomy 26 yrs ago which took maybe ten years to completely fade.
We are having glorious spring here!
PS my father had Cheshire cat syndrome too

My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Legin

I have finally caught up on your post. You really are having such a rough time of it. You of all people don't deserve this. Where your family are concerned you are selfless and so giving. They are very lucky to have a dad/husband like you. I do hope that they help out a bit. You seem to do an awful lot.

Im so sorry to read about your lack of mobility. That must be driving you mad. Your posts are not moaning they are honest.

I'm glad you finally got your Lyrica but it is outrageous they were short of it. I have the same thing every month with the local chemist, with my daily antibiotic.

If your foot is still displaying those symptoms next week, I would suggest that you get them double checked by your GP.

Please take care and look after yourself, sending you a big hug.

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
@zauberflote oh its a err definitely Walton esq family one of first things we bought when we moved here was an eight seater dining table. Second hand but so solid that I cant lift it. Its now the family table with kids already saying they want it. A piece of furniture filled already with memories. Cooking I truly love we often have what the girls call a dive in. About 8 or more dishes and we dive in. All these things family cooking etc are the things that keep me going thru this whole nerve thing so I guess it is applicable to thread.
@Nana moon 27 as ever my friend so supportive and caring. Yes I am going to gps to push for more tests at least. I admitted to wife last night that I tend to say im fine its life with doctors so its time to tell it as it is. Believe me it won't be easy.
Anyway summers coming and brighter days ahead, even if it is just sun reflecting of my head.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @zauberflöte for the info re numbness. I presumed no magic answer but posted just in case!

Hello @Legin .... nothing to say today just a hello from the South to the North X
 
@Legin well done on your honesty in admitting to your wife how bad things are physically for you. I'm glad you've done that. I think if you can try to follow your own advice that you so wisely give to us, apply it to yourself when dealing with the docs, you will get the right response/treatment.

This I hope will lead you back into you getting back into an active and healthy life. We have to consider our later years which are approaching rather fast. We have a long time to live. It's got to be better to get this surgery done and out of the way for a better quality of later life!

Just think how nice the summer will be with less pain and more time for fun with your family! Got to be worth it! Looks like I may have a new knee for my birthday this year! (I'm pencilled in for June) x

I didn't get an alert for yesterday mornings post off you or I'd have replied sooner! Sorry my friend xx

Love Nana moon 27 x x
 
Its ok re post replies pal. Yup I hope for some improvement thru treatment as the effect seems to be growing. Im getting good calfs as seem to spend time on balls of feet as its better standing that way. On a more pro active note I rearranged most of my domain, the kitchen. Now have things I use most closer to hand so less to ing and fro ing whilst cooking. Im not giving that up so make it less painful. Aye I saw re your opp truly think that this is the first steps on your last leg, scuse pun, of your journey. Take care my friend x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I agree with nana moon, I'm glad you are telling it like it is. Go beat on those doctors' doors and get them to pay attention! :)
Funny you should mention your table. When I was about 9, my mother's parents cane to visit, went to a yard sale, and came back with a huge table and six chairs. It was an unwanted gift, as it replaced one my father had lovingly made as part of a suite when he married my mother. Fast forward to my youngest being 9. My parents were going to give the table away in their downsizing. I rescued it, and we have had the comforting rattling sound the fasteners for the leaves make ever since! Two generation memories!!
Your family are among the luckiest in the whole world to have you, and this forum is greatly enriched by your presence :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Im just a Dad and its what dads do. Guess I try to do the what I never had thing but to be honest its plain and simple good, hence Cheshire Cat Syndrome. I think that this site and sites like this allow people to sometimes sit back and look at ourselves, then we see true goals in healing process and how to go about it. For many our biggest handicap in this process is ourselves. Again this may seem off thread but its about self realisation in this journey as we all get caught up in our chaotic lives. Ah well just a silly old man rambling away as I do

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That post @Legin was brilliant. It's right what you say about ourselves often being our own obstacles in recovery. We have to develop the can do and not scared to attitude. You gave me a tip yesterday re the garden. It enabled me to "can do" a bit of weeding. Actually I don't know why you don't set up a top tips/ideas thread in the social area starting with the suggestion of the weeding! X I bet you've more good ideas and others could contribute too!
 
Hi @Legin this mornings post you wrote makes huge sense to me (i.e. you are not "the silly man rambling")

From having my bad hip I learnt and experienced a lot, a whole heap of learning about myself, particularly about myself when I can't run around and cannot be active 110% of the time. Then doing Tai Chi and having the hip operation gave me more learning; about dealing with difficult feelings, about patience and peacefulness, about not being in control and most of all being vulnerable. There's also been a lot in me about forgiveness. too I am definitely in a different place now that I would have been had I not had this process 5 year process!!

@Nana moon 27 good to see you back after your holiday. I was just thinking that your op being in June is such a long way off, then did a double take it is only 2 months away.
xx
 
Ty not a lot I can say. Looking forward to a grand day im the sun. But the morrow its just me and grandson for most of day. We drew a map last night of our proposed expedition. Why am I posting this well I hardly felt pain or noticed wee jolts as we were emersed in our planning.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
How lovely you and your grandson on an expedition .... don't forget to take in the mountains and deserts! Last week my little grandson said lets go to the shopping centre and have a picnic. We compromised on a walk down the lane and a picnic.

Sounds like you need a long time immersed in intense planning in order to keep your pain at bay! Enjoy!
 
Grandchild=massive rush of endorphins=less pain!!
Have a great expedition!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Nigel, I've been reading your posts after having a bit of a break from BS. You so don't deserve all the stuff you are dealing with at present. You are such a lovely, caring man. Take care of yourself too xxx
 
Ty im fine had an issue again with Lyrica supply hence pain had gone kaboom. Hope all have a grand weekend.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello @Legin

Only a suggestion. Does your local chemist have a prescription collection service? Was thinking if they did that service you'd have less chance of running out in between xxx
 
Hello lass, all my scripts are done on line just one of those things. A busy weekend well busy for me had major expedition with Gson went thru enchanted woods up mydtical mountains and fought off the insects of the bog. Returned with the ancient wood of warmth and power, (wood for BBQ). We sat and ate our provisions and spoke of ancient explorer's. So im bushed, hope all are grand

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh, your adventure with your grandson sounds wonderful - he will always remember these outings with you, he is very lucky to have such a smashing grandad.
I hope your pain is back to manageable levels again now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom