Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin
I'm not sleeping so on the lap top. ( I am so erratic - I slept 8 hours last night!) Hope your upped dose of lyrica kicks in soon. Fingers crossed.

You are amazing to be doing a 4 mile round trip on foot. Look after yourself
X
 
Hiya more stubbornness but in stages was ok hiccup in meds in that local pharmacy has no Lyrica left phone call this morning to see if its in.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hope you don't have to walk another 4 mile round trip to collect it!!
 
Its a nice day and just been listening to Bill Wuthers grand day for a walk

Legin THR Sep 14
 
First night for 6 days I have been on proper dose of lyrica due to gp and pharmacy I had to eek them out. Slept prob 4 hours no wake ups.
In some ways im glad I had this as in lack of meds as it has shown me just how bad this nerve thing is.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Its ok im used to it and brings new meaning to eyes in the back of head.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
Think I have lost you. Is Legin being quiet a good sign or a bad sign? You seemed more serious, hope all is well on the home and health front. Hope those 4 mile walks have not knocked you out!

I have managed some "light" gardening, been for a walk, got exhausted was going to do some house work but watched TV and had dinner made for me instead.

Take care

karen x
 
Hiya @copsham im fine my friend. Im fighting against all these silly nerve and hip things so probably pushing a tad. We always went shopping on Saturdays and it was often more of a laugh than serious ie id pick out something horrendous for wife and she had to try it on and she would do same for me. So I told her we were going yesterday 4 hrs and as we were walking back to car Elaine announces taking you to hospital as you are grey. We didnt go but was a tad tired, still managed to cook for 7 in evening. Kitchen my domaine ty. Guess I feel guilty in that those about me have been affected by what im going thru. Its a Nigelism

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm so sorry you having such difficulties, I'm very glad to know that someone is keeping an eye on you, but dinner for seven seems a lot to do, I hope they all did the clearing up for you.
Happy Easter, xxxx
 
Im fine honest and joy of empty plates megga banter and frivolity more than made up. Tonight 11 to feed but will ask Elaine to help.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sounds great - really pleased for you. You will really need a rest after that!
 
Superb day and night did an easy meal 2 lasagna 1 meat 1 veggie.
The how I am and effect on family really hit home tho. I havent seen youngest for over a month and when she saw me walking just burst into tears. Now im a big softy so you can guess my reaction. We try to hide the pain and angst from loved ones but in the end are we really protecting them by doing it. Sorry on a guilt trip

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
So sorry to hear that. We do try to hide stuff but it does come out. Your daughters are naturally worried about you and you don't want that to increase but perhaps as you suggest that's not the best way to cope. Don't feel guilty - we all try to protect our kids now matter how old they are.
sending you a hug
 
It was probably a shock for her, but sometimes we don't treat our offspring as the adults they have become, and we need to be more honest with them. I'm sure she was upset for you, and possibly feeling guilty herself for not realising how bad your nerve problem really is. We all hide our emotions from our loved ones, I'm sure many of us tell each other more on here than we tell our nearest and dearest. Please don't go on a guilt trip, big hugs travelling north to you xxxx
 
Oh i agree its probably first time i really expressed pain openly infront of them, silly man ego hey. Ty tho will be fine im sure
 
Hi legin with your nigelism! It is hard getting a balance isn't it? My husband has been like a servant to me whilst I was recovering. Just this morning I was thinking if I ever have to have surgery again I will book myself in to a convalescent home so that he does not get the brunt of it again I think that daughters must be different than sons mine have been good buy me flowers, telephone a lot but if I say something like "this is more difficult than I thought " - change subject If I say " I am exhausted " -change subject, if I say this is really hard - buy me flowers. Your wife must be really worried about you just the odd going grey in the face to worry about!

At the other extreme my mother with dementia asked me this afternoon who will look after me when i have dementia. So there is more than hips to worry about! When will the roller coaster stop? Lol
Karen x
 
Its just I have always just got on with life. To them me hiding crutches at fair so I could go on rides was a hoot I think its the dad is invincible thing.
Anyway life goes on spent day in garden with gson, got the look as he isnt allowed to get dirty. He was errrrrrr wet from carrying watering can and found out the fun of mud pies, really dont know how he found that - teeeetumteee

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oooooops me foot still numb and hotcoal thing. So new status quo remains.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom