Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin it sounds like the Lyrica is working if the pain is lessening already. I think that this is great news. Any pain reduction to me is marvellous x x !!!woohoo!!! X you e had a terrible time lately with the pain so I'm glad to my heart this is maybe helping you x
 
Nice one coppers. Its ok re pics its in the album in your noggin.
I got a letter requesting me to attend app with consultent re other hip it came out of the blue hmmmmmm. Last I heard I would see my consultant when he returns from an operation. But this is a different one. Im prob adding 2 +2 and getting 44444444444. Nerve pain has lessened walking on hot coals has lessened to just a wee burn which I can cope with.
Mind you what with tinnitus 24/7 and same nerve pain be nice to have a wee bitty of nothing.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning @Legin, I'm so glad to hear that the pain is lessening for you, any improvement is for the good. It sounds as if you might be on a list for the other hip now?
My husband suffers from tinnitus, it is horrid. We walked round a bird sanctuary the other day, peace and quiet you would think, but no! Some deluded parent had given their child a bird whistle, bought from the gift shop, and wherever we went we couldn't get away from this high pitched noise, which set the tinnitus off big time.
Thank you for your comments on my thread, I'm trying to exercise (I MUST lose some weight) and rest the knee at the same time, quite a tricky balance, but I am being careful.
 
Re tinnitus its often any sudden unexpected loud noise, a RAF jet went over low and I ended up on the floor. If I know the sound is coming can deal with it. I have not had a tinnitus free day or moment really for 7 years its linked with my balance problem so if things spin or loud noise approaches I just tell myself no the world is still and place dampers on the sound. The brain is a remarkable tool if you train it. I think that because of all the work I have done in building care plans has allowed me to look at things as small achievable steps in growth and self worth. Sheeeeeesh seriousvilles overload.
What do you call a fish with no eye



Fsh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ty well when balance thing first hit I couldnt walk without staggering and falling, I still touch walls as a walkalong to centre myself worst is cant go on waltzers or any big rides now. Sheeeesh when I ripped calf I hid crutches so I could get on rides tutand dbl tut and triple

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
Your tinnitus sounds challenging to say the least, impressive how you manage it. My paranoia would be heightened having the offer of second hip op following your other appointment!

Saw the Steven hawkings film yesterday it put me to shame all the fussing that I have done about one little hip.!!!

I have a meeting tomorrow about my complaint about the hospital with the director of operations and director nursing. Nine weeks on my nurse ratchet seems like history . All i want is for them to acknowledge that if some has multiple Allergies, intense fears and ADHD this should be reflected in the care plan - not a lot to ask?!

Well I hope the little step of improvement keeps growing whether it was my magic or your lyrica. You are a great support to all of us so a big thank you!!
 
Oh errrr I havent really mentioned tinnitus or balance thing before much as its just something im used to living with. Got it and beat it well adapted and ignore it, although there have been times I have held head under water to drown it out no pun just numpty.
Good luck with meetings having worked in care for eons and the standards and expectations of treating people with respect and as an individual of worth who have voices im often shocked by medical establishment.
Ty for your words but said before and will say it again its easy to be nice to nice people. Oooooops @copsham

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@copsham - I said exactly the same after seeing the Steven Hawking film, except mine was knee not hip!
@Legin I get balance problems,(obviously nowhere as bad as yours), if I swim and get water in my ears I
get labyrinthitis. I take Prochlorperazine, and as long as I take them immediately I can usually avoid an attack. Have you tried it?
 
Yup i have i hv had full blown labryrinthitis 4 times once whilst driving. My spinning world happen with turning etc diff to labydoodahs is my peripheral is on over load so in cars going past trees all i see is trees zooming past. So i concentrate say on kerb or white lines and try to blank out trees zooming. Hence journeys are a tad tireing. Cld be worse cld be bald. Its just life i used to walk down closed in paths to train brain then past banks of stupemarket chillers. Anything i found oh dear to learn how to blank it out.
 
That is a possibility I was told only 60% chance of recovery. But my dizzy thing is untreatable all calming meds are nill point. But I could beat it and returned to work I love for 5 years, with nerve no matter how much I may say I can do it its a fact some muscles dont work and therefore my employee liability insurance is nil point. They cant risk I may fall and hurt a service user. X

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh @Legin that's a real shame. I must get up now I'm dropping off again and that's no good x
Hope to catch you later, it's the meds x I could really seriously sleep right now x
 
Aye been at a friends

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thats nice. It does you good to get out and socialise. Exercise is another benefit too. Sounds like a win win x
 
Sorry was in my own weeeee world. Nerve pain is still dummed down sooo ty v much meds. Got stuck a tad with non opp hipp just decided wasnt for moving. We had a serious discussion and outcome was. I rested teeee tum teee

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin + Rest + meds +kind advice = Nigel rebels and cleans or climbs ladders:heehee:

If your hips that bad then I am advising you to take heed of the discussion you had with wiiiiiff!

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Morning @Legin

How are you today? How are you getting on with the Lyrica? I hope that it is helping x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Im ok meds have dulled the nerve pain but I still get spasm like jabs which cause leg to jerk. Had a wee fall yesterday.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom