Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi legin
Hope you survived post match tiredness, aches or pains?

I keep thinking of your nerve thing - your nerve will not give the signal to your foot to lift it high enough (?) but then over reacts when you step on a small screw(?). It sounds like it needs "redirection" but how??? You certainly seem to keep your spirits up but I want to find a magical answer LOL !!!
#CRPS
 
Me too hard to think 2 yrs ago I was climbing munros 4 yrs ago playing squash regularlyl

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Silly foot I can detect air moving on some parts and on others dead

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Nooooooo its terrrrrrrible doooooomed. Aye its all fine. I see there is a weee bit of snow there sheeeeesh see now I would have to attack that with a shovel. Hope aches and pains arent shouting too much big apple.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You go for it on your bike, I trust you not to overdo it now. We need to test our limits otherwise we never reach them. Can you watch TV or something on the computer whilst cycling, or listen to the radio? I always have my iPad propped up and something on iPlayer keeping me entertained.
 
I always have music on hence the singing garage. Good job neighbours know me well

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Just read about your 'foot drop'. Jaz had nerve damage from her first surgent on her good side. She wore a foot brace for quite a while to ensure she didn't fall. It was quite cumbersome and I had to buy two pairs of the same shoes in different sizes. It was a real problem when she walked, her big toe would drag and fold under her making her stumble. She had nerve studies done and there was barely any nerve response in her big toe. It did take a long time to recover, approx 18 months if I remember right but it did improve over time. It's not perfect now and she struggles to fully flex her good side foot 2.5 years on but it no longer catches on the floor. Keep manipulating it as much as you can to wake the nerves up
 
I wore brace thingy for a while but it managed to put a big hole in my ankle, hmm or was it the 5 mile walk. I have adapted my walk by lifting that leg more. Ministry of funny walks. The bike is also hopefuly working on waking nerves up. Its a long journey but I was always a sprinter. Tsk

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hopefully its not quite a john Cleese walk. I'm sure you're doing/have done everything you can, it is still early days.
 
@Legin. No mater how much everything is hurting I still believe laughter is the best medicine
Thanks for giving me doses of that. Even better don't have to pay out of pocket expense
Love from the big apple !!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Omg oooo hv to sit down. Sheeeeeesh im almost lost for words. - engages wordnav. Susanne is that an admission you understand me, ooooooooooer is my work here done now.
Foot errrr aye that would be the mexican jumping bean attatched to leg. But im fine hoping for better weather. If not might abseil ofa mole hill later.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
Your mexican dancing bean sounds horrible - makes my teeth tingle! Has it got worse since the Tour de Kinross?
I was meant to be seeing my consultant this Weds re infection but got a letter saying that it is put of until the following week. Patience does not come easy to me. Hope your day goes ell!
Karen
 
Hi Legin Hope you didn't have to go abseiling any molehills. I did try abseiling once, not gracefully , and not my idea of fun, especially when I somehow ended upside down hanging in the middle of a small rock face, instructor had to come rescue me, decided knitting might be the hobby for me! Weather is glorious and got really warm today. Was good, did a walk, and used my minicycle, then hydro today, but very gently as right knee is being exceptionally cranky (could be long car ride 4 hours yesterday) Off to OS tomorrow he can check it out. That will be a mammoth 6 hours travel in total hmmmm plenty of walk stops needed and maybe some extra meds! :shocked: Hope you are doing OK, and as always happy healing
Diane
 
Oh dear coppers now stopp chewing nails, chair legs run mr coppers.
Yes it is getting worse I have vascular apo this week so we will see. Ah well already have tinnitus 24/7 now got oooooooo you have a nerve brrrrrrrrp 24/7. Tell you that solar plane has nought on me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Sudibar aye car sitting isnt best is it. Chortled at your headseiling I havent gotten stuck on rope did get stuck climbing a chimney in cliffs, wasnt my most graceful manouver to get out I think it imvolved an oooooooooopsie or three. See oooooopsie and Legin are never far apart. Chortle at stops it reminds me of when girls were young I planned journey by toilet stops for them. Take care im off to play hopscotch

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin I hope your mexican jumping bean foot gives you a bit of a rest today (what I never knew is were the beans real???). I think you need a bit of bliss, so its meds and music for you today perhaps, followed by a homemade curry? Thinking of you, your loch and your thinking stone.

Last week I stood beneath my favourite place "my" beacon over looking Cardigan Bay. For a second I thought "shall I attempt it" but quickly decided it had to wait til I was more recovered. For the whole week it was teasing me, almost always in my view, enticing me to climb!

Hope your day is kind to you. i am sending you lot of vibes for a peaceful day! X
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Sorry your sleep was not good. it really makes such a difference to how you feel doesn't it? When I cannot sleep I automatically revert to the laptop but then I am not sure whether it add to my wakefulness. What do you think?
X
 
Chrortle see you have managed concept of expresionist art

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom