TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that your new pain medication is working, glad you were able to share this site with your daughter for her to understand what you are going through.
All prayers and thoughts your way!:angel:
 
So glad you had a good day. They will get better. Let me know how the medicane is working. I was thinking have you stated journal yet. I did a lot every time I was having a bad day wheather it was major or just because. I know you are tired because of all the pain but remember its just now. Take care Tashia
 
Good morning how did the new pain medicane work? I do hope you got to have a good night sleep. I do know its coming, you will have a whole night of sleep. so you still have so much to look forward too. Please keep posting so we know how you are doing. Take care Here are more hugs. I know you need some. :friends: :console2: :console2: Tashia :puppysmooze:
 
I'm 3 weeks out today and I still have bruising as well. The bruises can be quite uncomfortable on top of everything. I still have it around my ankle and mid-calf and the calf is quite sore. I've been using some mineral ice only because I have it. Anything like bengay or witch hazel will give you some relief just don't put anything directly on the incision for at least 4 weeks or so.

Continue in your pursuit brneyedgrl you are coming along with or without your OS's assistance - unfortunately.

More hugs coming your way.

I've used Nucynta 75 mg before - just make sure you take it with food. 5 days worth - this guy needs to go back to school!
 
A nurse in the hospital said I will have al ot of bruising and swelling because my doctor does not use drains.
That may be but it's pretty immaterial right now. THIS is what is causing your problems.
 
How are you doing. How did the medicane work, I don't belive you told me. I know I'm acting like a Mother but I am concered about you. These two events are so major and ruff ones. Please keep me informed. Take care and here are more hugs. :friends: :friends: :console2: :console2: :console2: Tashia
 
My doctor doesnt use drains either and yes there is a lot of bruising but he also supplies and expects patients to need meds for up to 3 months in part to manage the initial pain and then to allow his patients to participate in the required therapy. Drains or not this poor woman is way under-medicated.
 
I am lucky my surgeon used drains on me as I filled that little bottle every 8 hours for 2 days. No bruising then.
 
BrnEydGrl We haven't heard how you are doing today. Since we haven't I hope it because its has been a good day. Do Take care and let us know how you are doing. Tashia :friends: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Another sunrise and I am still hoping things will turn around. I talked to my insurance advocate yesterday and promised her I would try to see another doc ASAP. I also got a call from my home nurse wanting to know how things were going along. She reminded me again that I was NOT the only one and suggested the same doctor. I just left a message for a appointment late last night. All I said was that I was having knee pain. I did not tell him I had surgery. Please, everyone keep your fingers crossed he will see me. This stiffness is causing some severe back ache.
I drove to Target yesterday, not far from my house, and just walked around leaning on my cart, just trying to feel human. I bought some "witch hazel" per Josephine and am going to try it today.
One good thing...I really feel my pain is getting much better daily. The new meds are ok and I feel they are stronger than the percoset. Ibuprofen seems to be working the best and does not make me so dizzy. I am saving the other medication for nightime and before and after PT. I am starting to drive short distances, to therapy, groceries etc., so I am only using the Ibuprofen when I know I need to drive. I have a automatic and now feel safe driving short distances.
Had therapy last night, still at 60! My therapist is trying everything...and not pushing too hard. Massage...etc. I made a promise to her I would see another doc. ASAP. She keeps insisting they are adhesion's and that they form quickly on some people. My insurance advocate said...remember you only have 50 therapy visits in a year, so just know that and tell your therapist. I did. If the therapy is not really helping at this time, the therapist suggested putting her on hold and she would give me exercises to do at home and join their facility and use their equipment. She said she would do this.
Has anyone had such a low ROM? I just want to be able bend a little more.... :gaah:
 
Hi,
Glad to hear the pain is slowly improving. I might suggest taking pain meds before your PT. it's easier to head off the pain rather than try to catch up to it.

I'm also glad you're able to get out driving now. For me, that was huge. I just went for drives, just to get out of the house. Car windows were wide open even in cold weather.

Just be careful not to overdo. Walking around Target is great, but at this early stage will likely cause more swelling. More swelling = less ROM. I'm sure lots of folks who have low numbers will soon be on here to give advice and encouragement.
Hope this is a better day for you. :flwrysmile:
 
BEG, first, I'm sorry you passed what would have been your 41st without your mate. I hope you were able to take some solace in the happy memories found in your photos, and the rock sound knowledge that you had the great luck to have found that perfect person to spend so many years with, while even then, not years enough. My 41st is next month, and I can't imagine...

I do hope this new drug helps take the edge off your pain. You are right, you can't go back and make different choices now regarding the pick of a surgeon, you can only move forward. Don't become complacent and continue to hound them! They'll eventually just want you to stop calling and give in to your needs, with any luck! You are about six weeks now, as I recall? A ROM of 60 is very limited, but you probably can't really tell the cause as long as you are having so much swelling. If it is adhesions, at least you aren't up against some window of opportunity that is soon closing. You are still very early in recovery. So, so frustrating for you, and for us, too, knowing first hand how much you need proper pain management and attention!
 
You still have plenty time for Rom. Please read the article in the Liberary. If your knee is still swollen which you have said, will effect the ROM. Try to get the pain under control that is the most important. Are you going to a social worker for the lost of your Husband? You are doing so good. Keep it up. I know it is so differcult for you right now but you will get thru this. We are here and at any time you need to post you can. We are here all the time. You are never alone. You can email anyone at the site. Please take care. Tasia
 
Update....and I need prayers that they will take me on as a new patient. I called the other OS that was recommended and left a message the other day. They called yesterday and took all my information over the phone. They told me to ask my OS to FAX over office reports , operative reports etc. I called them last them last night and told them to do it first thing in the AM and I also need copies of X-rays. The new docs office is a joint replacement team and she said they need to go over the reports first to see which doctor would be recommended. OK...I am keeping my fingers crossed all goes well and they take me on. I did not want to jinx myself by writing it on here but I really don't know what is going to happen. Last time another doc, my GP, got involved he was scared away and left me hanging. I will surely let you know when I hear anything. Who KNOWS what they write in their reports...I know, I am paranoid now but really scared that I will have to go out of state. Just been a bad time from day one, even before surgery. :sad:
 
Sending positive thoughts your way, and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Don't forget you are entitled to a copy of all your records, that way you won't have to ask the OS for them again.
 
I'm so glad you have a possible new doctor, :yay: When you talk to them relax.:snork: Try to be calm as possible. If you yell the doctor or nurse will be more on the defensive side. I know things are going to be better. :happydance: As far as doing exercise I know you want to do something but remember you have had major surgies and are having swelling. I know this is all very hard because you are alone and no doubt very scared. :yikes: I have been there too especially after my hip replacement. I got so lonely I would just sit in my chair and cry. :cry: Crying is permitted here you do know that. Have you got a notebook of kind so you can start journaling. When I am real upset at a doctor and trying to get a new one I write down all what I want to say so I can get ride of all my frustration on the paper and not on the people I am trying to have a relation with. I also find that my thinking is clearer because I have a dry run with what I am going to say.
Hows the pain? :shrug: You said its getting better. When I am really hurting I rest, ice, elevate and pain control until it gone. :yes: Do have a funny movie or pictures that bring happeness or laughter? Try not to walk any more than you have to. this day is just one day and that is all you have to think about is today. When I am really upset I put today into session. Morning, Mid morning. Late morning. I think you get the right idea. And do something in that moment that you need like rest. Try to keep your mind from racing. You are going to make it. You have a big family now that is going to get you thru this so lean on us when you need to. Remember you can come here at any time. Here are some more hugs I know you need them because I need them to. :friends: :console2: :console2: :console2: I am :sorry: you have to go thru this but you will. Take care and if you need to, Close your eyes and imagine getting hugs from all around the world. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom