Guest viewing is limited

TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you luck with the new team of Docs! I hope they are able to help you much better than that quack was!
 
I actually did not even do a lap around Target but wanted witch hazel and some food.Josephine was right though...I paid the price. I really wish someone delivered around here! I am hoping for good news Monday. If they have not faxed the info, I am going there and get it myself.
I can't believe Monday it will be 7 weeks. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and other times it is like years.
I feel much more "positive" since I have all of your encouragement.
 
BrnEydGrl,
I actually did not even do a lap around Target but wanted witch hazel and some food.Josephine was right though...I paid the price. I really wish someone delivered around here! I am hoping for good news Monday. If they have not faxed the info, I am going there and get it myself.
I can't believe Monday it will be 7 weeks. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and other times it is like years.
I feel much more "positive" since I have all of your encouragement.
This is music to my ears about feeling positive. that is so great. It helps so much when you don't feel so lonely. Believe me I know that feeling. My husband worked for the Government and we moved so much. And it seemed right after we moved we had a illness or something happened that knowing someone would of been great. But we had to do ourselves. In my case it was that he was also out of town. I think you get the picture and I feel that you also have had this happen. Stick with us we will get you threw this. And the loss of your spouse that is the real hard one but we can help you live with that too.

After my husband died I would want to feel safe so I would put on his robe and curl up in it and close my eyes and imagine it was him and I was very safe in his arms. It was a little trick I learned and it sure works even still. I was told by a widow to keep his favoite shirt or bathrobe so I could curl up in it and feel safe. I had given him a stuff Teddy Bear while he was in the hospital and I still have it and I give it a hug. It makes me feel good. We were married 32 years. Little things like that will help you right now. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care, we care...... Tashia
:friends: :console2: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Oh my goodness. What a journey you've had. My doctor is bad...but yours takes the cake! So neither the GP nor the OS ever even saw your knee?! You need to have a doc who will see you, then they will understand why those piddly meds weren't working. WEll, that's behind you now and that's good! I was thinking that you may want to mention to the new OS office that you have quit with the old OS and that you are currently not being followed and need a doctor. So it doesn't look like you are just checking out another doctor...you actually NEED ONE to help you with your flexion and excessive swelling.
I'm so sorry you are going through this Browneyes.
 
BrnEydGri, How are you doing? I hope each day is getting better. I will say a pray for you tomarrow because I want every thing to turn out with the new doctor. Stay Positive and you will go far. I know its hard for you right now but things will get better I know. You have a lot of people in your corner so know we all are pulling for you. How's your sleeping. I hope every time you feel tired you get to nap or sleep. Remember if it hurts don't do it again. If you can sit instead of standing do it. I was just thinking do you have a temporary Handcap marker for your car. The DMV will hand out ones for a couple of months. I don't know how you get one in your area but you might call DMV to see what you have to do to get one for right now. I'm not talking one for life but just for now. Just a thought. Please let us know how you are doing and how it goes with the new doctors. Can hardly wait to hear. Please take care and take it slow. Tashia :friends: :console2: :console2: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning, How are you today? I do hope the pain is better. Do let us know about the doctor. Take care. :friends: :console2: :console2: :console2: Tashia
 
BrnEydGrl..that is some horribly substandard medical treatment you have there and you have very right to feel as you do.
First, condolences on your terrible loss..you must indeed feel very, very vulnerable and alone..to have to be in such pain without your husband there to comfort you! I'm so sad for you that you have to endure this while grieving. Add sick parents to the mix and no wonder you feel alone. I'm about to turn 60 and I care for a Mom with dementia, who has also had a brain injury for the past 15 years. My 73 year old husband is also showing signs of dementia now and I am just hoping to heal in time to care for everyone, so I know how your parent's care weighs on you.

The pain issue is huge and the degree to which patients are undermedicated is appalling..I just today got my meds adjusted properly..I had my Left knee replacement 12 days ago and I also had a pain crisis at the hospital, though not as extended as yours. (I was an EMT for 3 years with my Fire Department , so I hang around hospitals and people in pain a lot.) Vicoden is a total joke..I personally think there's nothing in it. Percocet is way too weak for post op joint replacement pain, and it's no wonder you wanted to die! I was on 40mg of Dilaudid and it barely touched my pain once they took out my nerve block.
I find that in these instances, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Cry. Throw things. Make a stink.
When you begin to feel more like yourself,write/call the patient advocate at the hospital and also email whatever board oversees your surgeon's certification. Tell them what happened. Write a letter to your Physician outlining your complaint and tell him you are discussing the matter with the hospital board and the AMA as well.Hell, throw in the State's Attorney General for good measure. These people hate to be outed. If there are any online reivews of this Doc, be sure to post yours!

The people on this forum are uniquely qualified to help you with all aspects of what you are going through. I hope you will find them as comforting as I have..and again ,so very sorry for your loss..you are very brave.xo
 
How did you do today? Did hear anything? I know you are hurting on two levels but you will make it. Did you tell me that the pain was under control. Remember we want to hear from you. even if you say . Today was horrible and I am glad its over and tomarrow is another day. Please let us know how you are doing. Ok? Take care. Tashia
 
Sorry I have not been on, my son and family came to visit over the weekend and it was wonderful and needed. My nightmare continues...Thursday I talked to the new docs office and they said to send over all the reports by fax. I told my OS office and they left a message that they don't do it but sent the info to "records" who would do but not sure when. That was it. Monday AM I called and left a message I needed another prescription and asked if I needed to do any more, like sign to transfer? She called back and said yes you need to sign off and I could do that online. (I wish she would have told me this Friday) Anyway I said, I will just come down to do that and pick up the prescription. She said NO prescription...you are now with another doctor and we cannot have two offices writing prescriptions. I said WHAT...I don't even have a appointment or have signed off. She said, no prescription. I lost it and said I will not sign off and get me a prescription please. I will wait for your call.
In the meantime the NEW doc office called to tell me that their doctors are not seeing any new patients that have had surgery within 3 months. WHAT!! I said, why did you not tell me that last Thursday, she said she had been trying to call since then but I did not answer. When she mentioned to the docs there was another patient, they said no and she tried to call. She never left a message because she said she was not sure it was a right number. I cried and said please. She said sorry. I told her my problem and she said...you should be on pain meds, anti inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxer and a Dynasplint and to just call my doctor and insist...and talk to the hospital administrator.
I was devastated!!! I called my OS and left a message...I am still with them for three months and those are the things I want. They called me and said they would have pain med script ready tomorrow (today) and that I was on ASPRIN which is anti inflammatory drug and doctor did not believe in a Dynasplint. I asked again about a muscle relaxer and she said she would ask him but he will be out of the office until the end of the week. I again told her my PROBLEM and she said stiffness is normal. I said at 60!!! She said to have my therapist call her.
I am living a true nightmare. I really broke down. I called my insurance advocate and she has now jumped in to help. She called my GP and told him everything. She then called my OS office. My GP nurse called me, apologized for all that is happening an promised my GP will talk to the surgeon to see what the heck is going on and get back to me.
I am not even spell checking, I just wanted you all to know what was happening. I am going to go pick up my prescription now. My pain has gotten much better but sometimes it starts really throbbing when it gets hard a swollen. :sad:
 
I think you need to get in touch with your insurance companies advocate or something, you should not be getting this poor of treatment. I am so sorry for all you have gone thru. Big hugs!
 
You need a hug. :console2: Now I hope you feel better. The good thing happen is you insuranace person got involveled because by now I think if it was going to work out with the doctor, It would happen. Now this is the problem lets see what we can do about it. 1. Is your pain fully control. Does the insurance know they are still hurting.
2. Do you have all the medicane that you need? I mean all of it not just one. 3. Are you keeping a record of all of this so if a new doctor or your OS would be able to know the whole story.
4. Are you keeping a daily record on what is happening around the operation and pain
5. Moods this is very important right now because you are in morning also.
6. Keep a diary on the time you take the medicane and how you feel at the time. Rate the pain from 1 to 10
All this is needed so it will help you to know what is going on and make a history of whats happing. We are not doing this to sue but information for you and the insurance nurse and doctor and OS. I know right now the doctor in a pain in the mmm but this needs to be written done.
7. One more Write down what you say to the whom and what they say.

All this will help you keep track of what is going on. I find that when I don't feel well I forgot things and right know its very important that everything stays straight.

I am so happy that you got to have company. You needed it and deserve it. Did you give yourself a hug for that?
When I was by myself I found that you need hugs and if no one is around you need to give yourself the hugs. Right?
Now that you have given yourself a :console2: You are ready to take a deep breath and so everything is going to work out. And I do belive that is true. You are climbing a hill right now and its got some hiddem holes and unfortunaly you unknowly step in some. Now if you do it again. You have a good cry. Say anything that comes to mind. then tell your
self every thing will work out . then :console2: again. If you need some rest, sleep, If you need to ice, ice. I think you get the right idea. And Here Is Something That Is Very IMPORTANT Come here and let us know how you are doing. We really need to know how you are doing? Remember you can spend hours at this sight. Reading stories, articles, play games etc. Please make sure you also are eating. Since I am acting like a Mother right now :heehee: Are you eating and sleeping? :heehee: Now I will just be :friends: You belong to a family and we need to hear from you. :flwrysmile: You are never along. Take care. Tashia
 
I think we should all mail BEG a few pills so she can get a full month worth! UGH! These jokers need to be smacked! :hairpulling:
 
I just came by to give you a hug. :console2: :friends: :console2: Try to remember you belong to a very bit family that spreads all over the world. Please take care. We do. :flwrysmile: Tomarrow will be a better day. Its one day closer to recover. It will happen. Please believe me. Good night. Tashia
 
Wow, BEG,wow! :console2:
All of this effort should be expended healing, I am so sorry.
Good for your insurance advocate; hoping that you have heard back by now and are getting help so you can fully heal!
 
I pray that tomorrow brings you some positive news - and some meds that actually help you manage the pain.
 
What a group of beautiful, wonderful, people you are. I mean that from my heart. I know I have said this before, but I have no idea how I would be going through this without you. I read your notes over and over and it helps so much. I am so sorry if I have not been writing much. Sometimes it is so hard even putting it into words. I am still shocked. I have been to doctors all over the country and have never ever been treated this way. Never. There has never been a single problem. Of course there were a few surgeons that were not all warm and fuzzy. That was not expected, but they at least talked to me or cared to ask how things were going. I do have my insurance advocate in my corner. She has actually been recording everything, so if there is anyone that can recount it all it is her. She really let a few things known the other day. I can only just sit and wait. I really don't know what is going to come out of my GP talking to my surgeon. Probably just make him angry. Seems like he has a pretty big ego from what I hear. Do I want to go under anesthesia with him for a manipulation, if needed? No No No way. My advocate seems to think I need to leave the state. Everyone she seems to call does not really want to take on another doctors surgery. I think it seals the deal when they hear his name. They are never told mine or anything about me. My home nurse said there are SO MANY just like me and is so happy I am shaking things up. She is worried about her job so she cannot say anything, she tried and things got quite ugly.
The good thing is, daily, I am not needing as much pain medication. Ibuprofen has always worked well on me in the past and now that the OS says I can use it, it is wonderful. I still take the Nucynta when needed, usually before P/T and after. I am getting through the whole night with only Ibuprofen every 6 hours. I am still icing, etc and I feel sometimes through the day the "hardness" lets up a little bit. Biggest problems, still does not bend. :hissy: It really makes life difficult at 60 degree bend.
So what are my hopes? I don't think my GP talking to my OS is going to do a thing besides make him defensive. I am hoping my GP will talk to another surgeon so they will see me! That is my only hope, I will NOT let him touch me. Now that so much time has passed fighting over meds....I am needing them less and less. The 5 day rule will go on but they are lasting 10. I better not speak too soon, who knows what he will do next. I asked to try stronger Vicodin and they said NO they don't prescribe stronger than 5mg. Now realize, all of this is coming from his nurse, I have NEVER spoke to him, but she said these are his rules. Sometimes she says she DOES talk to him and HE says this and that. She has been with him for years, that is what I hear. Oh well....I would go to NYC where I wanted to go. Problem, sitting on a bus, getting in a cab...with a 60 degree bend! :hairpulling:
 
Glad to hear you pain is going down. Hoping you find a surgeon who will see you. Don't worry about the bend, as your swelling, and lack of pain control go down, you will have more bend. Keep us posted when you can write.:angel:
 
Good morning. Glad to hear your pain is better. Now I am confused why would you need another state? I guess I missed something. BY all means if your insurance person thinks you should than by all means. Are you living in a small town? I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know bad things happen to good people but this just isn't right. :console2: You just hugged :loll: You in time will look back at this and remember you are a very strong and you had good surpport and that you are never along. Please take care and do keep tack of the medicane. Please keep us informed. Tashia
:friends: :console2: :flwrysmile: Hugs made people feel that they are not along!
 
It really is not that small of a town but not too many knee replacement practices. Unfortunately surgeons prefer not to take on other surgeries, that is what they are telling me. At least not until they are no longer post-op which is 3 months. Good news today is that my GP called me and gave me encouragement that he is there for me. He also put a call into my OS. That should be interesting. The bad new is: just got back from P/T my ROM has gone down to 55 from 60. She is letting me go, it is really not worth using up all my insurance P/T....I only get 50 a year.
I am still very down and discouraged, it has been 7 weeks. I really liked my P/T but it is discouraging when she says in her 18 years she has not seen ROM as bad as mine.:boohoo:
 
How bad is your swelling at this point? How much are you able to keep your leg elevated and iced? I am only three weeks ahead of you and I remember feeling as if I was going backwards at seven weeks and even losing ROM at times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom