TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not remember exactly where you where at when you stopped. So that is great! I go next week to see my OS so I will see what's what then. I am also going to get another round of hyaluronic acid injections in the other knee starting later in March. Now that I can walk more and am being more active, she is not a very happy camper some days. I do not look forward to another knee replacement, but it may not be that far down the road. Have a good day! I really glad the appt. went so well. Any news on your disability?
 
Went to visit one of my good friends yesterday that had a LTKR on January 25th. She is 4 1/2 weeks out and doing sooo well!! She already is at 126 and after a PT session can straighten to 0. I was jealous! Haha...

We were talking about how much of a energy drain the surgery is, she texted me last night that after our visit she fell asleep for 2 hours. Told her don't expect that to go away really fast. I am now 6 mos out and I am still tired all the time. But was nice visiting with someone who could understand what its like to go thru. :)
 
I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend! I'll bet it was quite a reminder of where you were at 4 1/2 weeks!
 
Sadly it reminded me more of when I was like at 7-8 weeks. She is doing quite well for 5 weeks (as of today), at her stage I was in the midst of a horrible gastritis attack! Sigh! But yes, does show how far I have come! Six months today! Yeah!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
on your 6 months anniversary, Gail! Keep things in perspective---dwell on how far you've come from the day you knew you needed the surgery and not on how far you may still have to go. I think you've done just GREAT--and you've had to deal with a lot more than just TKR recovery along the way.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
 
Oh NANNERS!!!! I thought I was alone.. My knee is not better either and Im having a hard time dealing with it.. not to mention my failed back
BacK surgery from 2008 is wearing me Dow. Been getting epidurls for the back.. Between the knee and the back I having dark bad thoughts..This is NOT living... Makes me feel better ( sorry)! That I am not alone....
 
Gran17 there are those who just breeze thru the tkr. But for those of us who have additional health issues, this is a very long road back to health. Not all of us can walk 5,000 miles in one day and do all these super exercise routines and super PT schedules. So don't beat yourself up, we are doing as well as WE can, and we will get there one day! Just takes us a bit longer. Believe that! Hugs!
 
Thanks Nanners..makes me feel better that I am not alone..My OS expected me all along to be perfect. I was told he was a perfectionist for his knees and I believe it. Seems like a few months back it was better than now...it gets worse when I m on it a lot ..I am going to keep on claiming my healing and know it will be better as I go along....hope you doing well... :kittykiss:
 
Wow I have to say even being 6 months out that energy drain is still there. I had some errands to run on Tuesday and had a medical appt also. By the time I got back home, I was utterly drained. And its also one thing I notice that is still hanging around since my tkr. I still have stiffness and soreness after walking alot, but its manageable.

Are you still easily fatigued? Hugs!
 
Nanners, thanks for replying to my thread wondering about scar tissue removal surgery. Seems we are on similar paths, though I'm a month ahead of you. Stiffness, soreness after walking a lot - yes. The holidays found me dropping before the shopping was done. Yes, true shop 'til you drop. In my younger days I climbed Mt. Washington and others. I did walk around the blocks with my sister for about 1/2 mile last weekend. I drove 3 hours home, too. So, yes, there's been improvement. Stairs still really do me in - especially down when I still have to go one at a time. Curious, what kind of exercise routines are you doing at this point?
 
I am just using daily normal activies to keep me going. I.E. Walking alot. I still get very fatigued and stiff and sore after walking alot. But I just force myself to keep going. I also have alot of other health issues to deal with, so that doesn't help either. If you look in the library there is an article from Josephine about her recovery. She never did much exercise either.

There are some who are walking 8-10 miles a day, or some extravagant PT routines this far out, but I am finding that just moving on with my life is enough. Yeah its slow, but I see the improvement coming along slowly but surely. Oh and I can go up stairs no problem, but still have some issues with going down. I think as our ROM improves, slowly but surely we will do it. Don't worry it will come in time! Hugs!
 
Same here with the stairs, Gail. I go up fine, but coming down is not so easy. Sometimes I make myself do it 'normal' and although it's not painful it is uncomfortable. Other times I can't be asked and go down one at a time - more so if it's a long flight. I hate that.
 
Kathy I still have discomfort doing stairs, I do it but feel it every step.
I'm thinking its there forever........
 
Nanners, Gail, Kathy, and Nancy , looks like we're all in the same boat - or maybe I should say same step - :yes!: . Those stairs still hurt or are at least uncomfortable. Maybe we should have a group hug!:friends: :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom