TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Gail, you are dealing with both the Crohn's and the TKR so well, but I can only imagine the frustrations they give you. I do hope the PT helps. I have chronic lower back issues as well; my PT has been working on changing the way I am walking too. Apparently, some issues that developed after my hips were replaced were never corrected which substantially changed my gait and stride. The good news is I can already feel some releasing in the back. Wish you tons of relief! And yes, s/he should definitely give you a course of exercises you can do at home.
 
Feeling a little more human today. Hopefully I can get in the shower and get something done today. Not sure it will be much, and I may have to wait till tomorrow to make sure all is healed up. Feeling pretty tired from it all. Thank you so much all for your support, it means so much to me. I feel like at times I am at the end of my rope, then somehow with your support I am able to start again. Thank you so much!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
so sorry you're not feeling on top of the world right now. Take it easy and be nice to yourself. Hope things are looking up soon.
 
Aww, sweetie, you know we will always be here for you. :)
 
Gail, I am sorry your Crohn's is acting up and you are not feeling well! I never got an alert that you had posted so assumed things were OK. Hope you feel better soon my friend! :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Thanks all! Even better today, so I will finally get out for a bit. Have a few errands to run, so will get those out of the way. I am used to these good days, bad days now. Its been over 37 years living with this darn disease. I swear sometimes if its not one thing its another. But today is okay, so will take advantage of it. Never know what what tomorrow will bring. Thanks for your support!
 
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today Gail!:thumb: You are so right we never know what tomorrow will bring!:skep:
 
Boy my knee was not very happy yesterday, after running my errands. I guess those few days I was down didn't help things. I could feel it swelling and getting stiff. I had to ice and elevate lastnight. Have more errands to do today, but luckily its with hubby today, so he can do some of the carrying etc.

Jacky48 I do know one thing tomorrow is bringing.....lots of rain. So we are doing our usual Friday grocery store run today. Kinda glad as I know tomorrow won't be so hot for me either, as the rain always bring their own torments. Well feel pretty good today, so I am gonna enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow! Hugs!
 
I'm glad hubby is going with you today Gail, that should easy the stress a bit! Smart for getting all your stuff out of the way before the rain hits!:thumb: We have to do the same here in the northeast, we're expecting 2 feet of snow into the weekend!
Stay warm and cozy when that rain hits!:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
A rainy day is such a good excuse to just snuggle up on the sofa or recliner--elevate and ice if you need to--with a good book, or DVD, or TV programs you enjoy and do just as little as possible otherwise.

So if you feel a little tired from today's outing----you got all day tomorrow to make up for it. Hope you'll continue to feel better, Gail.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
 
Thanks guys! And Jacky I have a couple of online friends, one lives in Toronto, Ontario, and the other in Boston and they posted pics for me on facebook. My friend in Ontario, already had about a foot of snow you could see piled up outside her sliding glass door, and my friend in Boston has gotten a little but expecting alot more soon.

I am a native southern Californian, so I don't see snow. It looks so pretty, but brrr....I bet its cold. I don't think my bones would like it too much! LOL Heck they aren't that crazy about the rain we are getting today! I like rainy days in the house, but hate being out in it!

Hope everyone stays safe and warm! Hugs!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
Snow is beautiful when it's coming down and covering everything and is still pristine. It's fine if you're really prepared for it and can stay home. It's even fun if you have the proper clothing to go out in it and build a snowman or slide down a hill. But after the initial thrill and being stuck in the house for a couple or three days----it's time for it to GO! And hopefully it melts enough on its own that you don't have to go out and shovel any of it.

I have to admit, I've always wanted to experience a blizzard. But understand, I want to be at a fabulous ski lodge with hot and cold running maids, great food and entertainment, and a really good generator for back up when it occurs. Then I want to be air lifted to warmer climes three or four days later. Well, if you're going to dream, it might as well be BIG and EXPENSIVE!
 
Snow is pretty Gail, but I, like you, prefer to me inside at my age! First off, with these new knees I would have a huge fear of falling and I would hate like heck to crack my butt again!:loll: Warm, safe and sound inside is my motto!:thumb:

Keep warm kiddo!:friends:
 
I visited my daughter once during the winter when she lived in Chicago. After a few days I was going nuts from being trapped in a heated house. I know I could never live there, I would go nuts. I am use to California freeways and ease of getting around, but in Chicago it took you forever to get anywhere and then being trapped in the house all the time. Nope not for me! LOL
 
Hi Gail, just checking in to see how you are doing. My keyboard broke last weekend so I have not been on the forum much as I don't like to get on from work much. I walked yesterday more than I have and I am achy today. Not my TKR knee so much but the other knee and my hips are sore. I am going to try a new type of chiropractor in the next week or so to see if I can get some help with my hip flexors and hips. So hope you are doing well. :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
I am doing okay! I haven't called for the PT appointment yet for my hips and low back. I am so PT burned out, and wondering if it will really help or make me hurt more. I had a rough week this past week with bad guts, but maybe Monday I will call. I so wish I could go to a chiropracter instead, but money is tight right now, so thats a no go. I did some walking on Wednesday and boy was my new knee not happy. But doing better now. I missed you!
 
I am only going to this chiro for an eval. I got a referral from my health club and so the first appt. is free. I will have to see if my insurance will cover subsequent appts. and I don't know if they will be able to help. I am frustrated with not being able to walk much so I am hoping they may have some recommendations for my hips. I missed you too! Will check in more often. :kittykiss: :friends:
 
bottomshollow and Josephine, I have a dental appointment this afternoon. I have a bridge that came loose, and at this point I believe he is just going to have to re glue them back in. Should I still do the pre dental work antibiotics for this, or is that just for things like root canal and extractions? Thank you!

P.S. Concerned with doing the antibiotics as they do a number on my Crohns Disease. But I do have some Keflex here to take in case I need to.
 
Gail, you know that I have no medical expertise. But if it were me, I would not take any antibiotics for what appears to be a non-invasive fix. You could call the dentist's office and check with them to be sure that there would be no reason for it to become invasive. Not much help, I'm afraid, but the best I can do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom