TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were right Jo! Was easy peesy, just to glue them back in. Phew!! I did take one antibiotic before I went just in case it wasn't easy. And luckily no side effects from the one!
 
My experience was about the same as Jackie's. Home PT now, however still using walker, doc says he wants me to go slow. Well it's only been a year since my 1st surgery. Just do what you can do Nanners. Be careful and enyoy life.
 
Gail I second what Jacky said. How you doing girlfriend?
 
Well I just posted on your post! LOL I am doing okay! I think my knee is getting to a place I am becoming more comfortable in. Its not perfect, it still get stiff and achey sometimes. But yesterday, I noticed that I am walking better. Still getting that hip pain, but the Lidocaine patches help (when I remember to use them).

I think I am one of those that is just gonna take longer to get there. I will refuse further surgery, the thought of more surgery just makes me sick, so if this is the best its gonna get (which I do not believe to be true) then so be it. Hugs!
 
Gail, I am so happy you are moving to a place that is more comfortable for you. It has been such a long road and you are definitely due for things to turn the corner. I am so happy things are better! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
Not a very happy camper today! Yesterday we had beautiful weather here, and there was no way I was not going to go out and enjoy it! Which I did! But now its back to pain again. The knee was a little stiff and sore lastnight, no biggie though. But this morning my hips, low back and tailbone are killing me again. Not sure if its part of the recovery, my fibro or my arthritis, but it sucks! But the knee is okay, its just all the rest! Sigh!
 
I'm glad to here that your knee is doing good, but I'm not happy hear that the rest is not!:sad: Get lots of rest today kiddo!:console2:
 
Gail, sorry your other body parts are giving you grief! We are in the same boat I think, new knee is OK, but the rest of me is falling apart! Rest up today if you can! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
I think most of it is that after a tkr, most of us, are not in the best condition. I think I am going to have to just start doing more walking each day till the body adjusts. At least, I am hoping that will work~ LOL
 
Yes, I think there is a lot of truth in that. I just got back from seeing that chiropractor for an evaluation. I do not think I will go back as he is out of my network and it costs too much, but he worked on my soas and hip flexors and gave me some things to do to help those release. It did feel better to walk after he worked on me, but not great. So I need to concentrate on stretching those areas out more. Sometimes I feel like I need to spend the whole day just stretching!
 
Like we have extra time to do more!! And I have to do it slowly, or the other parts complain! Getting old sucks! Haha....
 
Going back to work just takes time away from doing extra stuff like that for me. I get home and I just want to relax and doing even more stretching just does not appeal. But I will have to see if I can get myself to do these things that he laid out for me. Won't know if they are going to help until I try! Yes, getting old does suck! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
I thought this was a funny take on being older and out of shape. Hope it gives you a little laugh, too.
 
This coming Monday I have my 6 month check up! No more surgeries are happening on this knee. I beleive that while I don't have perfect bend, or perfectly straight, I do have a functional knee. Just in the time I have quit PT, I know my ROM has improved a fair amount. I think by a year out I will have the rest of the bugs worked out and be okay. I will keep you posted on how the appointment goes. Hugs!
 
Gail, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a great appt. Definitely let me know how it goes. I am rooting for you! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
Well I just got back from my 6 mos check up. I guess he was just trying to scare me last time as he seemed happy with where I am. I told him that while its not perfect, I feel its functional. He said I looked like I was about 110 on my bend and said my straightening was about 10. I agree with the bend part, but feel my straightening is much lower than 10. I can easily put my leg straight out in front of me. So I go back in 6 months, and then he will see me every 2 years.

I did ask about how the other knee looked, and he said it looked like it still had some space in between and didn't think it would give me any issues. So yeah for me! Hugs!
 
Gail, I am so happy you got such a good report! Wow, 110 from where you were is really good. Weren't you like around 90 the last time? That is great. And I am so glad the other knee is OK. Great check up! :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom