TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh you just gave me a great reminder! Hubby bought me a MP3 player to listen to while at rehab, I am going to take that with me and just ride the bike and zone out! Love it!
 
Gail, it sounds as if things have gotten much better for you at last. I certainly hope so. You've been a real trooper with so many other issues to contend with along with your replacement. I do so admire you folks with other medical problems that have to be lived with forever. Take care, I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
 
im 8 weeks out and im still swelling is this normal..i also find a have a good day then a bad day...im sleeping in my bed but its so hard to get comfortable..i worry if im were i should be im not sure degree of bend but in the morning i can slide my foot under the chair but by late afternoon i cant because of swelling...so frustrating and yes it would be so nice to have 24 hours with out something hurting lol..ok so thats my whining for the day...
 
Oh Patty big hugs to you! You remind me of me and probably a whole lot of people here! I swell everyday and I'm staarting my 11th week today! Every night I am up changing my ice about every 2-4 hours which really helps me sleep. I use those little gel sacks so they stay when I move. I have a pretty sturdy pillow under the covers for my knee too. I couldn't sleep without that support. Mornings are always the best and swelling just builds during the day. I can't tell you when you won't swell up as the day goes because I still do! Everyone tells me to be less hard on myself, follow the mantra of icing, elvating, medicating and rest, and have patience...they are right! It does get better! Take good care of you...and I'm glad you have us to whine with! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you Judy! Its been a long hard road, one that I still unfortunately have to keep trucking down. But I am bound and determined to get thru this. Hugs!
 
:friends: I don't know if I have talked about this on the open forum, but here goes. I was laid off after 22 years on the job in January 2012. For me it was a blessing in disguise, becuz honestly I had pushed thru my health issues way too long. I have had had Crohns Disease for 37 years, I did well in my earlier years, but things changed in 2002. That is when I had to have an emergency bowel resection due to complete blockage, then ended up having to have another resection only 3 years later becuz I had blocked again. I also suffer with Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthris, Anxiety and multiple other things most thanks to the Crohns Disease. And after all this, life just sucks most of the time. I have many more bad days than good. In fact I tell folks I never have good days, mostly just better days, never good days. And this is all before having my LTKR too. It was the 15th surgery on my body, with the majority of these being since 2002.

Anyways, I am in the process of trying to get Social Security Disability. I have a lawyer and am currently working on my first appeal. Tomorrow I have to go see one of their mental health doctors. Probably trying to see how come I have anxiety? Ha...you would have anxiety too, if you had this disease and knew all the ugly issues it brings to your life daily.

Anyways, was wondering if you could keep me in your prayers or good thoughts. This appointment is at 10:40 am. Bad thing about this is I don't do well in the mornings as my guts are usually unhappiest in the early part of the day. So first could you pray I make the appointment on time, and too please pray I can get this disability approved sooner than later. My attorney says I have a strong case, but having to jump thru lots of hoops. My state disability runs out in early January 2013 and then I will have $0 dollars coming in after that :yikes: . We do have some savings and my 401k, but so worried about the future if we use those up.

So please if you would, please pray for me and my situation. I appreciate it so much. I am trying to stay positive, but I get so scared sometimes. Thanks to all my Bonesmart family!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
Gail and hoping you prevail in getting your SSD. You certainly qualify with all your physical problems. May DIL has many of the same things and was able to get SSI a few years ago. Take care, I care. Judy
 
You break my heart! I hope more than anything that the meeting went well...and that you are OK. There's nothing I can say to make anything better for you - but you do deserve better! Hugs! :angel:
 
Gail, I am amazed you do as well as you do and maintain a good attitude! You are in my thoughts and prayers for getting your disability and in every other way too. I will be with you in spirit when you go to your appointment. As Judy said above "Take care, I care" and I would add "We all here care and are here to support you in any way we can".
 
Gail I always love reading your posts bcause you are always so positive despite your other health issues. So all the way over from the UK I am sending you my warmest wishes, my biggest hugs and most of all my hopes that everything goes well for you tomorrow. Some people sail through life without a backward glance but others like you with health issues and have been thru operation after operation have to deal with all that and then have to fight for what you are entitled to. Dosent make sense. This has been my first operation and has totally overwhelmed me so for you going thru so much you deserve so much. I will look forward to hearing your good news tomorrow as I am sure you will have some. xxxx:friends:
 
Gail, good vibes headed your way! Best of luck at your appointment--you deserve a little luck!
 
:friends: Bad thing about this is I don't do well in the mornings as my guts are usually unhappiest in the early part of the day.

Well, maybe if you have to leave the meeting because of a bowel issue, this will show them how dibilitating it is and help your case. :thumb:

I am sending positive thoughts your way and will be thinking about you tomorrow. Keep us posted.
 
Thank you all! I knew I could count on my Bonesmart family. This is just seeing one of their docs, but God willing they will see enough and it will help my case. I first applied in Jan 2012, so its been almost a year already. And Shelly you are right, I am sure I will have to make a run or two!

Thanks again for your support, it means the world to me:)
 
Well I made it to the appointment, and there was no need to run to the bathroom as the appt lasted all of five minutes. Geesh! I had time to kill till my PT appt so went to Walmart to get some needed items. No granny electric carts available so I walked it the whole way. I was worried that by the time I got to PT I would be really swollen from sitting and walking alot. Did even better than I thought. I got 105 easily and my extension went down to 11. I was pleasantly surprised.

What was even nicer though I felt better than I did yesterday. Am home now and icing and elevating and going to rest up. All in all it was a better day! Hugs!
 
I am so behind I didn't get a chance to say good luck, when do you find out the results? Hope it is in your favor.
 
Debbie its a really long process, that I have already been in for almost a year. It could take up to another year before I find out if I am approved. Good thing with it though, is once approved, I will get a check for the backpay to the day I applied. So now I am just in the hurry up and wait stage! :groan:
 
Wow, that IS a long process, Gail. Fingers and everything crossed that you are successful. We certainly do need so much patience in our lives for so many different things.
 
Just catching up on your thread Nanners. I was shocked about your OS suggesting a revision. I thought revisions were determined by taking X-rays, the implant has become loose or leg is not lined up correctly. The fact that you still have so much pain and swelling...did he take any X-rays? He must do a lot of revisions if he suggests they be done so soon! Maybe he wants to become a revision expert?
Good luck with your ss issue. Welfare mom's and others can get it by faking that their kid has asthma or other issues...but someone who's worked their entire life and has a real medical issues has to go through all the hoops for years. Go figure.
 
Yep Brownie and I have seen folks who are on it, and they are just overweight. Well I am in it for the longterm, just hoping I get it sooner rather than later. My state disability ends in another month, then its nothing. Eek!!

Went to the gym by the house yesterday. I rode the recumbent bike for ahwile. Man this one seems harder than the one I do at rehab, but I still rode it. Also, did a few other machines the PT mentioned.

Today I have a one on one appt with the therapist (class was full), and then a long awaited appt with my Gastroenterologist. I was supposed to see him 3 days before my LTKR but it got cancelled, so this is a much needed appt.

Hope all have a good day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom