Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi @susanne and everyone

My restless legs have been fabulous since being prescribed Quinine Sulphate tablets 200mg. One to be taken at night. I'm sleeping much better too. I'm not waking up exhausted from the constant twitching and jumping from my legs. Overall, I'm feeling better than I have done for the last couple of years.

Yes I've got surgical pain but that's only going to be temporary. It's getting better each day.

@PolarBear60 funnily enough, this time around I'm doing extra little bits of exercise movement while walking across to the toilet (if I'm not bursting too much) :heehee: I'm on crutches x

@Schoonie yes it is nicer they come to your home. You do feel more sure of yourself. She's very helpful too. She has suggested different ways of doing my exercises and wow that helps.

@Angel1978 I have taken a pic of the scar in hospital, when they took off the bandages but I've got to minimise it to upload. Too big to upload. I will upload later xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
This was taken four days post op. Due to have staples removed this week sometime.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 281
Ouch ouch ouch. I guess I'm lucky. I had glue. I would goad with staples. Cause I had them when head was cut when j was kid. And ouch burns coming out.

Glad your on crutches. So much easier than Walker. But there both helpful. Down steps is the best. Glad you have a good Pt mine was good this last time.

Glad your getting to enjoy garden and sleep better. I wish I could sleep. I'm off and on. I have take requip for my leg. Was odd cause olny non surgical did it in Dec then both start.

Glad your doing better. Day to day is better. And patience is what I had to remember.

Xxxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I wanted to sit out the back and got really cross as I can't get down the back step. So I sat in my chair and admired the view. Lovely. Xxx like you say Angel...patience x x x
 
Hi @Karringtyn. I hope you're keeping well. The home physio is fantastic at confidence boosting. She makes you feel like you can achieve anything. How are you keeping now?

Today she got me halfway up the stairs! I couldn't believe it. However, she is very unhappy with them. She has ordered further adaptations for the curve at the bottom, a grab rail for both sides as well as the handrail she ordered. It is coming next Thursday afternoon. She said she didn't know how I coped the first time around with them.

I am very tired so going off for a nap now. Please take care x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hello, there were a few minor setbacks at the beginning. I was a long time recovering after the op enough to be discharged. Unfortunately I was unable to do the stairs, in the hospital, using crutches, so in the end they sent me home, with a home physiotherapy programme. She's been twice this week she is lovely. She gives you so much confidence.

Ok brief update ...

Anyway today she got me to walk up a few stairs. She's ordered me a handrail last visit (it's being fitted next Thursday) and after today, two large grab handles. She doesn't know how on earth I managed those stairs with my first TKR !!!my pains lessening each day and that's really nice xx it's still very stiff and the bend isn't wonderful but it's making slow but sure progress.

It's far easier sleeping in a recliner downstairs, with downstairs loo and life in the house. Much better than being isolated up in a bedroom upstairs xxx

I'm very tired so I'm not doing anything other than walking around the downstairs on crutches, doing some gentle exercises but oh I'm resting and sleeping in between xx

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds as if you are just where you should be at this stage. The stiffness will go as you know but take your time . Slow and steady worked well for me and your physio sounds perfect for you. Great news! I'm really pleased for you.
Mary x
 
Oh and I forgot to add that there is not much swelling this time!!! Will try to do a pic tomorrow or something.
 
Great for you. It's nice to be able to have a great pt. I'm happy for you. Best regards. I would love to be able to sleep good. Try recliner was not happening. So can rest some. But not a lot. . Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Glad to hear the home therapist is a good one!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
When I saw your reply to @legins post, I thought "wow she's getting back to normal!"...... may there be many more x
 
I hop your doing ok today. Me ouch been aching. Can't wait to get other done.
How did your Pt session go today? Did you make it up anymore steps? And did u manage any leg lifts or heal slides?
I tell you I could not do leg lifts for almost a 3 weeks on my own the first time in Dec. But in March took me longer. Cause I had that crazy iv antibiotics. And made me blah.
I enjoy reading your post.
I hope your enjoying your garden view. Always nice to have something to keep our mind occupied.
How is the legs doin?
I'm setting outside trying to enjoy the fire pit. All prop up and I'ce up.

Hope your resting and enjoying the weather. Xxxxxxx lots of love <3


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom