TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi @Nana moon 27, so glad you are home now. Take good care of yourself my friend. One step and one day at a time. Let the healing and progress begin.
 
Hi

I know this is late. A quick update. I'm sleeping downstairs in a recliner. That's been an absolute bonus with the downstairs toilet and hand basin. I slept quite well. The hospital started me on quinine tablets for my restless leg syndrome. The majority of the twitching has now stopped. This may have contributed to my sleeping better.

The home PT came this afternoon. She was kind and good and really knew her job. A lot of the problem is physical but some is psychological. I have to learn to trust the New knee. She's set me some gentle exercises and plans to return on Friday morning 12th June x she was very reassuring and noticed that I was shaking and sweating and trembling. I told her what's been going on. She is nice. She said she would never do anything to hurt me but she works hard but carefully. She makes you feel like you can do more.

I rested iced and elevated so I done enough stuff for today.

Take care
Love Ann x x x
 
Great update. I've been praying for you. Lots (hugs) prayers for you... Glad your down stairs. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
hi @Nana moon 27
Good to hear your news now that you are back home. You mentioned the shaking, sweating and trembling - this was my sort of reaction to my initial pain meds - any connection? Glad you got a PT who you can feel confident in - onwards and upwards!! X
 
I'm glad to hear that your home PT was so reassuring.
Everything sounds hopeful for a good recovery, Ann. :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Sounds so much better than this time last week Ann, a very positive report. Just think where you might be by this time NEXT week! Take care, xxx
 
Had bad night with restlessness and pain in my knee. Perfectly normal stuff so early on in recovery. I'm far more positive this time around than the last. I know I've had a couple of minor setbacks but they seem to be resolving themselves now. I actually managed to finally move my leg up a couple of inches.

Anyway I got up this morning, washed, dressed and then hubby said why don't you do your exercises now? So I did the ones that the PT had done with me yesterday and managed much better than yesterday until a white hot pain shot through my knee and I knew then, rest, ice, elevate.

One of the issues that has arisen via the PT yesterday was my nerves and how nervy I was about the whole thing. She reassured me, she stuck to her word and never hurt me. She's due back on Friday and I'm looking forward to her visit. It will be nice to show her the small improvements I've achieved.

My recovery is far easier being downstairs. The recliners okay to sleep on, using the downstairs toilet and wash hand basin has been a godsend. I could not have done those stairs the way I had to in my first recovery, due to the issues I've had this time around, which are getting better day by day.

It's a beautiful day here. I would have loved to have sat in my garden but I cannot get down the back step xxxx

Never mind maybe next week x x x
 
What a good positive post :yes!:. I am glad things are finally improving. Slowly, slowly does it. I hope that you make it into the garden soon and enjoy the sunshine.
 
Wow nana that is awesome. I'm glad your enjoying it. What a great hub for helping you. Early days. Small accomplishments. That is awesome!!! Whoohoooo go you. Keep up being positive.
Lots (huggs) and prayers for you.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Congratulations on being home and having your "little nest" all set up. I, too, had home PT for 4 weeks as weather here was all snow and ice. Figure better they drive in it than me! I found the home PT amazing. They never hurt me once. I told them up front for them to tell me what to do and I would do it. I didn't want anyone doing it TO me. They were very understanding. I think because I was in MY home that I felt like I could give the orders. That, and the fact that I spent 30 years teaching bossing little ones around! Next time around, I will not worry so much about timetables, when I should be doing what. My knee like they say on Bonesmart, was, in charge. You will get there! You are on your way!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
This PT sounds good. I used to shower, get dressed then rest b/c that much tuckered me out when I first got home. Then maybe 20 minutes to an hour later do my exercises.
 
Yes it's surprising how much energy is spent getting dressed. I too rest a while normally and then do some gentle exercising, plus I've my special chair set up in the kitchen so I can sit in there and look at the garden. Very tired tonight. Will post again soon xxx
 
Great news Ann. Lest you can enjoy Something it's a rough time trying to get dressed. Wore me out and get lots leg excerise with moving. I wore olny capris or shorts after bandage came off. Cause it killed me. Did u ever post some pics of scar?? Hope u gets lots rest. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hello Ann so glad you are finally home now everything will gradually fall into place and improve for you. Having those that love you nearby makes all the difference and you will be able to get into a routine and relax, don't worry about anything you will recover at your own speed and soon be up and about and able to enjoy time with your grandchildren without all the pain of arthritis holding you back xxx


20/01/2015
 
During my first couple weeks, while I was still using the walker when I got up at night to be extra certain I didn't stumble and fall, I frequently got up at 4 am to use the bathroom. I started doing a couple therapy exercises on the way back to the recliner just to have them out of the way early. That provided a big mental boost for me.

Years ago, I used to get up to run at 3:30 am, then go back to bed for an hour before I had to get up for work. That also provided a big psychological boost for the day. Perhaps a little strange, but it worked for me.
 
You go girl. Slow and easy wins the race. My legs have been so bad with restlessness cramping and searing hot pain in ankle. Had MRI tonight hoping to get results tomorrow
Funny thing is most of the cramping is on the hip replacement side. Not knee side
Just wish I knew where it's coming from. Have been taking hylands leg cramp ( bought in Amazon) Vint B6 magnesium and vit C per Drs orders. And still drinking quinine water
Feel better. Take it slow
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom