TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Ah thanks ever so much @Pumpkln he reckons it helps unscramble pain things that may have gotten wired wrong in the brain or something like that which may be causing the pain, as well as no sleep. Neither has happened yet. We will see...after I double them in Thursday. Sleep would be fantastic x
 
Well the Amytryptyline hasn't worked yet. I was been instructed to double the dose which has made no difference. My leg burns with the quilt over it, if I leave it out the quilt, the cold gets to it and the burning pain gets even worse. I can't walk all that far again, I'm so sick and tired of it and lack of sleep isn't helping.

However, the pain is different to that of arthritic or post op pain. We are still going on holiday over Christmas but I just hope this pain is sorted before then.
 
Ann, if you're having so much trouble with what your GP is prescribing, have you considered using a different GP? I know from your past posts that this doctor has not been particularly accommodating when you wanted to try different pain options. Maybe a new set of eyes would do you good.
 
Me and my husband have been discussing this. I have said in the New Year I'll have to change. There are a few surgeries far nearer to where I live. At least if I could get in a very near one it would be better than having to ask someone to do a 10 mile round trip to take me there and back.

This would be a far more sensible option @Jamie, I'm so fed up with the all consuming tiredness through this stupid pain and lack of decent sleep. Talking of which it's well gone midnight. Good night, speak soon xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann hope this finds you feeling a little bit better and pain wise and getting more sleep. I know how awful one can feel when woken up by pain and unable to get a decent night's sleep. Managing pain is so important. Sometimes with these doctors they just don't listen. I hope and pray you get some real relief from the pain and get a good night's sleep!! :yawn: :zzz::sleep:
 
Hi all,

Sorry I've not been in touch. I've been unable to get on the site for a while due to a technical problem. Anyway I'm back.

Quick update. The Amytryptyline didn't work and it nearly sent me crazy. I went to the docs and I cried. Really cried. I said how frustrated I am. I described the pain and what it does for the umpteenth time. Anyway he's prescribed Lyrica (Pregablin). It's starting to work quite well. I've had a few nights with deep sleeps for three hours sometimes more at a time. I am so relieved xxx

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 Tthe pain you describe with the awful burning sensation sounds just like the pain I had on my right leg before my TKR. I can't take the two drugs you are trying, so in desperation I went to a well recommended osteopath, who examined my back carefully, did some manipulation and sent me home. After 2/3 treatments the burning pain went. He said it was my spine which was slightly out of line and pressing on a nerve. It is well worth a try if you can ask around for a good osteopath or look for one with medical qualifications as well.

Hope you get some relief, I know how dreadful it can be.
 
Good to hear the medication is helping some. And good to see you. We missed a bunch of our UK friends with that technical problem over there.
 
Hi Ann,
I'm glad to read that the new medication is working better than the other meds. That's encouraging.

The outage by the internet providers in the UK must have been very frustrating. We missed you all. for you all. I know that Josephine was badly affected and we sure missed her, too.

I'm going to be spending Christmas with our son and his family, but i'll be taking my laptop, so I can look in on BoneSmart.

Have a Happy Christmas!
 
I'm away from Tuesday on holiday. This is much needed. I've never been away over both Christmas and New Year before. We are going on a coach tour of Belgium, Austria, Germany, Prague and on the way back Cologne. Included is a steam valley railway ride, trips across a couple of the lakes. This is a once in a lifetime trip. It's been very hard to do. I mean organising with limited mobility and trying to get Christmas presents and shopping. Never mind packing. 20 tomorrow (Sunday) to celebrate early Christmas with us. We have cooked large roast joints today. This is just our lot, mom and dad, brother, sis in law and kids x

So just in case I don't get chance...I wish everyone on here a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful, peaceful New Year!!!

With love from Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Ann

Just popped into see how you are doing....so sorry you are still having pain issues....so hope the new medication helps you.

Your trip sound fantastic.......hope it's just the tonic you need....this sleeping lark is a farce .....I lay awake for hours hoping to drop off....it's just so boring.

Wishing you & yours a great Christmas but more importantly a pain free 2016.... Wouldn't that be good?? Take care...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Right everyone. Thank you once again for your support. Please have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and for those who don't celebrate it, I send you seasons greetings.

Please take care and I will be in touch after 2nd of Jan. Off on a holiday (much needed) in the morning xx

All my love from Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Reading up on all your progress and I'm glad you're finally getting some relief.... You have certainly had more than your share of pain!!!!
Your trip sounds like a once in a lifetime to me too...A dream vacation!! please tell us all about it when you get back.... My knees are absolutely perfect it's just been my foot from surgery I've struggled with this last month...So.... Here's goodbye to the old 2015 on with the new year with success and healing for all of us especially you Ann you've been through enough!!! God Bless you all see you soon!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Hey Nana thinking of you!!! Hope all is well with you.. How have you been and how is recovery going?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all,

I had a fantastic holiday, almost pain free, thanks to my GP finally trying something else. I'm on Lyrica. I don't like what it is doing to my head. I feel permanently high and I'm doing strange things around the house and not even realising it. I'M OFF MORPHINE COMPLETELY NOW, HALLELUJAH !!!! That's been the best thing ever.

My knee swelled a heck of a lot on the coach. We went for very long periods without a break. I did walk around it. I sat in the lounge area at the back of it but it still swelled up. I have to say though my knee was ok and I managed to do a fair bit of walking. Now I'm at home I'm doing more housework, going up stairs like a toddler but coming down one foot per stair.

I have an appointment with the consultant on the 19th January. I've had my hearing sorted this week and the new hearing aids are marvellous. That feeling of isolation is going because I can hear and join in conversations. Lovely!

I hope everyone's ok? Please take care

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Great to hear you are off the morphine and not in pain. Sorry the Lyrica is a problem though. Is that something that goes away or will you need to ask your doc to try you on something else?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom