Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I'm going to have a serious look at the house today and try to see if I can make life easier. Don't know what or how. My daughter swears it's the stairs and my heavy vacuum. Plus I'm trying to do too much in one go.
Yep. All of the above. :wink:
 
I went to the cinema for the first time tonight in two years almost, with my brother in laws girlfriend. 2hrs plus, the new James Bond "Spectre". Yes I had to keep moving my knee about but although very stiff afterwards, once I got moving it was okay!!! Woohoo!!! X bit uncomfortable tonight but okay xxx
 
Slowly but surely life's returning to some sort of normal. Still having night time pain issues but that's being managed by doc at the moment. I have to call him this week for a review over the phone. He has said if this treatment doesn't work he's going to try Pregablin xx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 I thought I ought to catch up with you. I am 2 months behind you with my second TKR and also have had some pain during the night although quite suddenly it virtually all disappeared and now I just get slight pain around the inside of the knee if I lie or turn awkwardly. As I do more I am getting what I think are muscle pains down my legs by bed time. I am rubbing Deep Heat onto them and they seem to go as soon as I go to bed. I am seeing my OS tomorrow and will ask him about them. How is your first knee. Mine has being hurting almost as much as the second which is annoying, but I suppose it has had a lot of work to do supporting the second. They both seem to be improving together. All the best,
 
Heard the new Bond flick is very good. I want to see it, but not brave enough yet to sit still that long. So nice you were able to!
 
Ok quick update. Life is going back to some kind of normality thankfully. I'm doing more around the house. I have I a ridiculous fear of falling and will only go out if accompanied. I can go out with family or friends. I am working on this. I am receiving help. I still can't drive yet. However I'm hoping that after Christmas maybe I'll try.

The pain in my left leg drives me insane at night. Went back to GP. He was going to prescribe Pregablin but then he decided to try Amytryptyline which so far has done nothing. It's supposed to help make me sleep...ha!! I lie here at night like now and my leg burns, I put it out the quilt but the cold gets to it and it really hurts. I put it back in and it's too warm and irritated. The knee is quite swollen and short of doing no exercise or housework I don't know what to do with it. I elevate it between tasks. I've cut down the stair journeys. If still no good next week I have to double the dose.

However, I am so much better than I've been. I walk more upright, rarely use the crutch in the house. People do comment on how nice it is to see me standing tall. It's just these nights. It's almost 11.30 pm.

Hope everyone's ok?

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Nights are always the worst, aren't they? Persevere with trying to find something that helps that leg, even if it means several changes of medication.

It's good to hear that you're progressing in the daytime, though. :yay::happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Celle. I'm off to watch my granddaughter perform in the theatre tomorrow afternoon with her dancing. She did really well with her last competition. Gold medal and full distinction.

I need to try and sleep. I need to be ok to sit tomorrow. I got lucky. Front row seat. More leg room. So yes, life is going back to a kind of normality.

I prefer the daytime, this night time business I dislike. I'm so tired as well. Going to turn off iPad and go to try to sleep

Lovely to hear from you @Celle x
 
Hope you had a wonderful time watching your granddaughter dance. What type of dancing does she do? Aren't front row seats lifesavers?

I'm sorry that you're having such a time at night. I read your haiku in the Haiku thread, and wanted to get a magic wand to wave and make you all better and well-rested. But Celle is right: It does seem that you are doing much better during the day. I don't blame you for wanting to have someone accompany you outside the house. The world is full of tricky curbs (kerbs) and people who bump into you when they're checking their cell phones. But yay for you for trusting enough to go without crutches as often as you do.
 
I've got the pain under control in the day. It's just the nights. I do understand that I'm probably doing too many weight bearing and carrying tasks, which accompanying my recent weight gain is why I'm in such pain at night!! @SarahJane she does street/disco. She was amazing. I wish I had her energy. Four dances and two performances in a day!!! She lives, sleeps and almost eats dance!!!

I have to double the dose of Amytryptyline this week (Thursday). The GP seems to think that this will do the truck. I'm very sceptical!!!
 
Hi Nana I am there with you. Nights oh is killer. Although I'm farther along. But it really sucks. We are all in this.

I hope all is good with you!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
I agree with your being skeptical (US spelling), slow down a little, hoping your knee settles down soon. You asked a while back about my using crutches, not very often, but I do take them on trips so I can handle long distance.
 
Thank you for getting in touch @Pumpkln. I have to be honest I think you're right. I'll back off everything a little, slow back down.

It's these nights. I'm crawling the walls again. I'm going to have to see the GP again. I can't see how this is going to work. I'm almost weaned off the heavy pain meds but still he won't give me anything to step down on. My attitude is now get completely off because even when taking them I'm in pain anyway so there's no point. Just paracetamol and this Amytryptyline stuff. Pain across kneecap, feels swollen inside. Can't put ice on it as it causes more pain, can't put heat on it as it irritates it more. Just elevation and distraction techniques. My eyes are raw from the iPad, crosswords and tv. I'm overtired. I don't have to be up for anything specific so I will take my time.

@Angel1978 my days are okay and bearable. In the main I just get on with it. Just nights. I'm so tired xxxx
 
I have those nights occasionally. I call it having toothache in my legs because nothing stops it. I had it before my TKR and I'm sure it's neurological. Hope you get some quality zzzzzz's soon!
 
It's so rotten isn't it @cairistiona60. I up just don't understand why imwasngoing so well up in the caravan and yet get me back home and wallop!!! Backwards we go. I think it's from overdoing trying to be normal!
 
On Thursday I have to double the Amytryptyline. Give it a week and see if any improvement occurs. Well I'm not holding my breath...I'm really not convinced about these tablets but I have to try this.

I'm disliking these dark early nights. Roll on Spring xxx
 
I'm disliking these dark early nights. Roll on Spring xxx
I agree with this sentiment! We get up in the dark, we get home in the dark, :gaah:. Longer days are ahead do not despair. :SUNsmile:
Hope the Amytryptyline at least helps a little with your :sleep: so you are not like this :bored:.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom