TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Welcome home. Rest well, and ease back in slowly. As an American, I am charmed by your terms and expressions, and can't help but imagine your caravan to one of the Gypsy persuasion, with oriental rugs and hand painted tole work. Of course. I know this is not an accurate depiction, but forgive me my fantasy. So glad you are doing well.
 
Hi @ Nana Moon, Glad you are home and back with real working internet service. Welcome home and take it easy with those knees.
 
Thanks for the lovely welcome home :thankyou:X

Oh dear I'm going to burst that lovely fantasy @Slainte x it's 36 feet long and 12 feet wide. It used to be someone's home. It's so cosy x the Gypsy caravan is a lovely idea though!!! Be lovely to be able to have it pulled along with a horse but somehow...our roads....mmmmm maybe not!!!

@chestnc yes I'm back but going through a bit of hassle since I've been back. My mobility was fantastic while I was away. I'm back here and I don't know what it is but my recovery is sliding a bit. I'm going to have a serious look at the house today and try to see if I can make life easier. Don't know what or how. My daughter swears it's the stairs and my heavy vacuum. Plus I'm trying to do too much in one go.

It's a beautiful autumn day here today. Blue skies setting a beautiful backdrop to the golden leaves. Pure bliss.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hey Ann! Wow, I am sorry to hear that you're still not AOK! You seem to have had a much tougher time than most. As to the chest infection - I think the phrase is 'tell me about it'!!! I had one which started in June and I'm almost over it now! It was absolutely dreadful and put the dampers on my summer completely. I had 3 lots of antibiotics, one lot of steroids and a Ventolin inhaler! I'm now on a steroid inhaler which I hope to come off this week. I've had chest X-rays and a CT scan. Phew! So fed up with it. I now just hope it's over, but ..... winter's on the way - what other horrors lie in store!!

Your knees still don't sound quite right. Isn't it odd how people have such differing experiences? My sister in Australia had a knee replacement in July this year and was feeling perfectly normal by September! I also have an elderly neighbour (90) who has had both knees replaced within the year - she's doing fine! Makes you wonder - 'is it us'?!!

Keep smiling - you're an inspiration. I love the sound of your caravan (sounds more like a mansion!) Does it travel or is it static?
xx
 
Hi It's lovely to hear from you @Judlepip. It is a two bedroom static. Had it about 8 years now. I cope so much better there. I'm so sorry to read about your chest infection they really do drag you down. I'm a bit better today with my knees and have just pottered slowly instead of trying to be "normal" speed!!! I've also avoided the stairs today. That proves a point. I need a lottery win and buy a bungalow lol xxx
 
Take your time, Ann. There's no need to rush. Potter all you like. You know that you're improving and you're going to get there in the end

By the way, I love your new photo!
 
Yes, it's a nice feeling this. It's the knowledge that I'm through the worst now @Celle. I just wrote on Forbesy's thread and finished with "a slow recovery is better than no recovery". I now have a new motto!!! How are you getting on?

Thanks for the comment on the photo I posted a pic on Legin's chronic pain awareness thread as he'd asked for people to wear orange today for Nervember. He's going to be on an internet radio channel being interviewed in 9th November at 8pm for an hour. Fair play to him. This is the link he's posted on the thread...broken link removed: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/joeygiggles
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @nana moon, Ann really glad you're back home. Try taking it easy. We all tend to do too much when we are home and sometimes don't realize that we are doing more than we should. Take it easy, leave the steps alone as much as you can, and the heavy vacuum cleaner as well. healing will come to you. Take good care of yourself. I love you new avatar. You look like a little girl. Liking that pony tail. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Back to the fog! You must need some Bryn Crug air in a bottle to maintain the momentum. May be the secret is that in the caravan there is little opportunity for vacuuming or going up the stairs! You will just have to cross vacuuming off the list! Its a pity that your have to close the caravan up for the winter. I love the winter in Tywyn.

Look after yourself, no dramatic cleaning let the healing continue!
 
Bryncrug air is what I need @copsham, I live on a main road, although right next to us is a country park x
My chest seems to be much better in Wales. I agree about the cleaning but I have to be careful because I have very bad dustmite allergy, which is a great trigger for my Asthma xx
 
Ann, I wonder if your lovely teenage granddaughter would consider doing the vacuuming for her sweet grandmother? I know she loves coming to visit you and she might be willing to do something practical to show her appreciation.
 
Hi my lady. How is ya doing? Did you ever figure how to fix your house up,to make recovery better?
I did some redecorating but it's it's more hassle. I have so many angels on shelves it's all funny. If it had not been for that l shaped couch hub got me. I'd been crazy cause I've discovered sleep is over rated. Have s good evening... It's 1:40 am here. I couldn't sleep. Legs was and is aching. Also bribery works for kids. 5 bucks here and there to get stuff done❤️❌⭕️❌⭕️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Yes, it's a nice feeling this. It's the knowledge that I'm through the worst now @Celle. I just wrote on Forbesy's thread and finished with "a slow recovery is better than no recovery". I now have a new motto!!! How are you getting on?

Thanks for the comment on the photo I posted a pic on Legin's chronic pain awareness thread as he'd asked for people to wear orange today for Nervember. He's going to be on an internet radio channel being interviewed in 9th November at 8pm for an hour. Fair play to him. This is the link he's posted on the thread...broken link removed: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/joeygiggles



Is there link to the sight to post. Crazy app would not let me do nothing. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Thanks Nana. Hope all is well. ❌❌❌


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Hi Ann @Nana moon 27, just a little note to let you know I am thinking about you. Hope things are going well for you. Many good blessings and well wishes are going your way! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Nana my lovely friend. I'm glad your home. Life is good when you are home. I can't adjust to being at other people's house. But in this case you it's your own home. Glad your alright. Getting closer to Thanksgiving I pray that you can be able to make any specialities. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom