TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi Ann,
I'm so glad to hear you're off the morphine! :yes!::happydance::yay::flwrysmile:
After having to take it for so long, that must be a terrific relief for you.

2015 must have been a year that seemed endless to you, but 2016 is here, you're getting all sorts of things sorted, and the future looks bright. Way to go!
 
Really pleased to hear that you are feeling so much better and were able to enjoy your holiday. You must be thrilled to be off the morphine and really making progress. Excellent news xxx
 
Hi @kneeper

Lovely to hear from you. How are you doing?

I have a GP appointment next Friday. I will mention this to him. It will be almost a month then and if these symptoms haven't gone I will ask him to try something else. I wish he had tried this on me sooner though. It's so nice to be functioning in a more normal way (aside from the random things I keep doing!)

My best friend came to have a bit of dinner with me here tonight. It was lovely. She said it was nice to see me walking more upright and my posture was much improved. We had a good catch up and so many laughs. It was a real tonic.

I'm far more relaxed now in my approach to life in general. I've learnt that if something doesn't get done today the. It'll have to be done tomorrow. That is helping. I try to focus on one thing only but unfortunately since the Lyrica I'm doing part of a job and forgetting to complete what I was doing in the first place.

I've slowed down considerably but it's no bad thing. That's helping me in many ways xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Oh wow I just posted my reply to Kneeper and other messages have come up. Hi all!!

Yes, it is the best news ever being off that rotten miserable personality changing stuff for so long. It's no good for anyone for the length of time I was on it. Each day I feel better and happier. I'm walking downstairs one foot per stair but still have a problem going up. Yes I get a bit of pain but paracetamol is holding it down nicely. The horrible burning pain has gone since taking Lyrica.
 
You sound great! Glad to hear things are finally looking up for you. :D
 
Each day I feel better and happier. I'm walking downstairs one foot per stair but still have a problem going up. Yes I get a bit of pain but paracetamol is holding it down nicely. The horrible burning pain has gone since taking Lyrica.

This is such good news. I can imagine how that burning pain just could make you miserable and drag you down. I'm wishing you an increasingly upward trajectory. :flwrysmile:
Hi @kneeper

Lovely to hear from you. How are you doing?
I'm actually doing quite well; thanks for asking. The RA is under good control right now and the bionic knees feel good.
 
I went to see my GP today. I mentioned about his my brain seems to have been affected by the Lyrica (Pregablin). It's a nightmare. Yet I have no pain in the day, an occasional ache and stiffness. However, come the night, my restless legs have been worse and the pain starts at the same time. The GP has said he doesn't think the Lyrica is the cause of these lapses of memory. He's increased the dose of the quinine to 300mg to see if that helps my restless legs.

Hope you're all ok. I'm very tired now but legs are aching and restless xxx
 
Hi just a quick update...

Saw my OS today. He is very relieved to see the improvement. I sat calmly and told him about my night time problem with pain etc. I told him my quality of life has improved a great deal. He was very pleased I'm off the morphine. Anyway, long story short he's referred me to a pain clinic...hallelujah!

I don't know if it was relief or what because finally it feel like I'm being listened to but I slept for three solid hours this afternoon!

I hope everyone's ok. Thinking of you

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm glad you got your referral to the pain clinic. I hope they can come up with a plan to relieve your pain quickly.
 
Ann,
I am so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I do hope you can get some help from the pain clinic.
 
Hi @Majic

Bizarrely I'm pain free in the day. At night is when I can have problems, the burning, the cold, the really bad restless legs and I get tired very quickly too even in the daytime xx

My quality of life is so much better now to how it was. The Lyrica has definitely helped. Being off the heavy medication I've was made to stay on for the last two years is marvellous.

I really do need this pain clinic appointment. If I can sort out the night time mess it will be amazing xx

How are you? X
 
Nana Moon 27, Hope all is well. I have not been on for quite awhile but I think of you often. You have helped so many people through your support and writings. I know I would not have been able to do it. Take care of yourself love jbucks
 
Hi Ann,
Sorry to hear you are having such trouble at night, it really is torture if you can't get a decent night's sleep. I can sleep like a brick, but am having a lot of pain in the day. Since it is in both legs I think it is muscular and I am having chiropractic treatment which is mainly massage on them. Apparently my muscles are so tight she can barely get them to move. She seems to have got rid of the pain and stiffness down the sides of my legs, so today I hope she can work on some of the other pains along each side of my shin, and under my knees. I had a very successful cataract operation this week, so at least that went well. I find sitting in the evenings is uncomfortable and can't work out the best way to do it. Have you any tip? Also standing cooking I find painful. Walking is probably the least painful. Let me know how you get on at the pain clinic. When are you due to go?
 
Hi Anne, I got a notification you had posted and wanted to see how you are and to say hello! So, hello! I'm glad you are doing much better. It's a shame that night time is so unpleasant for you. I hope you get to the bottom of the restless legs and night time pain. Please let us know how things go with the pain clinic. We're rooting for you!

@Majic You had your left knee done the same day I had my right :) I could say every single thing you said in your post to Ann. I still have pain that feels like bruising along my shins and very tight muscles. I also find standing still the most unpleasant. My legs are much happier when they are moving, to a point. If I were to walk miles they stiffen up but generally they like to move. I still have a feeling like sore, strained muscles in my calves and hamstrings. I never really did have problems with my quads and still don't. I'm also must uncomfortable in the evenings if I'm just sitting and watching TV. I can't seem to find a comfy position for these legs. I have great ROM though when bending my knees directly in front of my body. But to put shoes on, or socks, by putting my ankle up on the opposite leg? Left is not too bad but righty does not like it at all. I'm still a big NOPE on being on my knees. I just can't stand the feeling of that. Some days I feel discouraged but I try to remind myself of how painful things were before and that gradually they are improving. One day at a time, one step at a time we'll get there eventually.
 
Hi Ann,
I'm glad your follow up appointment went so well. I'm glad the surgeon listened to you and has referred you to pain clinic.

You have come a long way in the past year. Well done! :friends: :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :flwrysmile:
 
Hello

Oh what a nice surprise to hear from you. I've not been on in a while properly. I've popped in and out. Supported on occasional threads. I didn't feel like I'd much to say or contribute really. I've been doing my best to just get in with things.

However, I do have an appointment for April 5th for the pain clinic (hooray)! @newlybionic I'm so pleased it come through! @gr82cu2 and @jbucks I wondered if you were ok, I guess like me you're trying to get on with life as we know it! How are you getting on? Btw I can't stand being on my knees either. The sensation is yucky. @Majic well done you with a successful cataract op, that is brilliant.

As regards the sitting I have the same come the evening. All I do at the moment is get up at regular intervals, try putting them on an ottoman for support but if they're driving me mad, I elevate with support under the whole length of the back of the legs, you remember how we did this post op. I think sometimes my furniture isn't quite right. I'm ok if I can sit propped up on the sofa with my legs straight out for a while but I get very fidgety as my legs will often twitch and jump a fair bit. I try going to bed a bit earlier just to relax and try to get comfy. However even now as I'm typing this my legs are burning and both are really restless. The Lyrica works great in the day but not so much at night. I'm praying the pain clinic can help me.

@Celle thank you for saying hi. You're right I've come a very long way this year. I never thought it would happen. I hope all is well with you

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Ann,
I'm doing well, thank you.

I've just spent a long weekend visiting our son and his family in Auckland, and enjoying our two granddaughters, who are aged 4 and 6. It's amazing how quickly they are growing up!

It's good news, and another sign of progress, that you aren't on BoneSmart so much - it means you are busy getting on with your life, which is what we hope for, for all our bonesmarties.
 
Hi Ann @Nana moon 27, so glad you are posting again and that you are better, at least during the day. Hope you continue that until the pain management doctor can get a hold of you. Oh boy the appointment is a little ways away, but fortunately it will come around soon. Take Care Ann. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom