TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Well Ann I have read your posts from the very starts and we've shared so much more than knee talk together. I am so pleased to hear your good news and your final recovery. Well done. Hopefully 2016 is your year to shine. My 3 year anniversary was yesterday and I'm living life to the full now instead of observing. My other knee is still good too but maybe needs replacing in the future. I'm enjoying my gorgeous new grandson to worry about that for now. Keep improving and enjoying your self ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Nana,found you.Thanks for messaging me.Im back to work full time but want to decrease my hours to 32 a week after I pay off a Debt I made helping my daughters get cars.I don't regret helping my girls as I just put the down payments and they have been very responsible .I just did not anticipate my husband heart attack and my hip issues.Im doing accupuncture and Prolotherapy.The hard part is not taking Ibuprofen as the Acupuncturist said that it actually depresses the healing process of the tissues.I lived on that stuff so my kidneys are probably thanking me.How are you doing?Hope all is well.Thanks again for messaging me

Hi

I'm doing ok. Suffering a bit due to the falling over my grandsons legs the other week. Got a chest infection, a very painful abscess under my armpit and a stye that's been there for over five weeks might be more. Docs prescribed steroids and antibiotics. The antibiotics are huge.

The steroids may help my knee by reducing the swellng xx

Oh forgot to say I spoke to my GP about the pain and burning issues. We have set a plan that I go back and see him once I've settled down from all this. He said I may have some sort of pain syndrome. He won't refer me until everything has settled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ann,

Hope the chest infection resolves soon. Poor you! I sometimes get one a this time of year too! Change in temps I suppose. But chest infections are exhausting so take care of yourself.

I think the abscess sounds horrid and painful and hope it goes very soon. Maybe you are a bit run down too and more prone to stuff as the winter arrives.

But I am pleased to hear that your knees are doing so much better. My new knee is wonderful but my old one is getting a bit more painful so fingers crossed I can put off having it replaced for a little longer.

Hi Ann. Given everything you have to deal with you have such a positive outlook. I admire that. I'm usually an upbeat person but this recovery is challenging to say the least. It's great seeing how others like you manage. Thanks for being a good role model

Hi Ann

Sorry to hear of all you're going through. Abscess. Stye. Chest Infection. Good grief! I hope the antibiotics and steroids are working and bringing you some relief. Is it hard to sleep with all that going on. I hope you're comfortable at night. You need your rest.

I haven't been getting alerts when you post. Know that you're always in my thoughts and heart.

Hi @Nana moon 27
You are going through the wars - just a bit! Hope you get to the point of a pain referral soon. Look after yourself and no more tripping over grandson x

Hope you are still able to keep making your cards. They are lovely. It's horrible when we have other illnesses show up while we are trying to recover. I was sick last night and threw up all my meds. My husband thinks that a can of cream I used on my apple pie last night could have been off. It was the only thing I had that he did not. My plans to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week have turned into working Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Glad my boss is patient.

Wishing you healthy days!

Hey lovely friend. Dropped by to see how you are. Praying for good days. And healing from incident. Xxx

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015

Well I'm walking short distances outside the caravan with NO crutches. I don't know if it's the effect from the steroids and antibiotic combo but I'm almost walking with a normal gait. If I walk slowly the gait is better. Best of it is I keep forgetting about the crutches. My friends up here on the caravan site and at aquacise class are so pleased to see my improved posture and less to no crutch use. That in itself was lovely. The support around me is phenomenal. You don't always realise how much until you're out of the pain of recovery esp a complicated one.

This site and the lovely supportive friends I've made along the journeys has been a godsend. Thank you allxxx

I'm not on much as signal here is total rubbish x home late this week. Have to lock caravan up until next season xxx

All my love to everyone
Ann xxxxx

Hi Ann, Great to hear you are able to manage without the crutches even if it is for a short distance. That is great. So glad to hear you are improving. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:

I'm back. Still walking reasonably. Overdid it a bit so I'm resting. I still get that pesky burning aching from knee to foot when I overdo it.

I'm loving standing up straight. Well it's 2.20 am here. Not long got back from locking up caravan for the winter xx

I'm going to post a bit later. Thanks for the welcome back xx I'm still wiped out from the early morning arrival here. Just too much sometimes. Twice I was going back to bed and haven't. May go up now. Sorry the post is short xx

get as much rest as you can and don't worry about us. we've all been there and understand how restorative a good rest can be.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom