TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27, so glad to hear that you are on the mend. That is really Great News and a cause to celebrate!! Celebrate 2.png

@Pumpkln, thanks so much for posting the link to the Yaka track. I just feel last week in my driveway on a sunny day and a friend of mine last year had mentioned for me to get that. I will definitely get them before winter hits here. I am so afraid of falling as where I live cars and people go sliding down these hills in spite of the town doing a good job of clearing the streets. I usually stay home on the days that are inclement. I have had more than enough of my share of falling down these hills and sliding down in vehicles sideways down hills.

he please measure the other revised TKR. WOWSERS...it's a 135 degrees!!!!
Well, congratulations, Missy! A well deserved triumph. And, you might like to know, you know have as much ROM in that knee as I have in mine! Woohooo!

Ann,
135 degrees all without trying!!! :wowspring:
A little more time and the other one will catch up. Though for both of us a little more time means usually means a lot more time. But it does get better.
:bath:

Thank you for your messages all. It's a nice feeling. @Birdy thank you for posting. That's really so very
nice of you especially when you prefer to read x

@Pumpkln I'm going to get some of those Yakatrax too, for my holiday in Austria. It's only the worry about falling that's made me wary. I have a fear of falling due to an accident at work. I avoid anything slippery, particularly wet floors. If I go in a shop that's just had the floors cleaned and they're wet. I will not cross the floor.

Once again everyone a massive thanks xxx

Congrats Ann. So happy for you!!!!
You persevered through this and came out ahead YAY!!!
Ps. Be carful of the gak tracks when coming indoors When I first wore them to work I slipped on the floor right away glad someone caught me
Warning: take off before you go indoors!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️susanne

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

So happy for you! :yay:
My knees continue to improve. I really advocate stretching as well as quad strengthening; it's made the world of difference to me. :upright::walking:

Thank for the advice about the Trax. I wouldn't have thought of that @susanne

I'm so pleased you're doing so well @Chihuahuan. Thanks for your well wishes xx

Off to sleep soon xxx night xx

Wonderful to see things are going so well for you!

Ann, I am over the moon to hear your great news. I am soooooooooooo very glad that you've made so much progress. I joined Bonesmart after your revision, I think, but have been following your travails and triumphs since then. Your courage and honest sharing has been an inspiration. I am so happy that your holiday in Austria will see you walking confidently and comfortably on both legs. Hope you have the time of your life!

Hi Ann,
I've just returned to the UK and so have only just been able to read your wonderful news - 135 - that's fabulous, well done! My PT said I should be happy with my 2 x 120s, which I am, but 135!....that's is SO good.
I am so happy for you Ann, you, more than most, deserve it so much, you have been through so much, hopefully everything else will begin to fit into place now and after nearly two years you will get your old life back again.
Lots of love, Lyn xxx

Hi @SarahJane

You joined after my second TKR and I'm glad you were able to read this thread. It had it's ups and downs but compared to my first one this is far easier now. One the first one was revised it was slow going and then suddenly improvements happened.

My only issue is pain with the LTKR. It's not like it was post op but I still get dreadful burning and heat in the sole of my foot to my knee to my hip some nights

Welcome home @Ellejay yes it's great news. 135 in the first most troublesome RTKR is amazing. The new one is 105 and I'm so pleased.

Will catch up soon xxxx

I have mentioned this to GP and registrar but the registrar was only bothered about my rom quite frankly. He said that burning is part of the healing process. I don't get it all the time but probably most nights esp if I've overdone things a bit. Thanks @Pumpkln x

Fabulous news! So, so pleased that you are seeing great improvements Ann. Don't know much about ROM as I'm a hippy but it sounds good.
I'm just off to the hospital to see my twin sis who had her 2nd TKR on Thursday.....! Chrissie x

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Oh I hope she's doing ok @Hoppy Nanny. I remember her from ages ago. I don't think we actually chatted. I'm almost sure her username was something like Bentleys Slave xx take care....love Ann xxx

You're right Ann, that is her user name. She was fine...better than the first time around ...so good news. Thanks fir your good wishes x

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I'm so very pleased to hear that @Hoppy Nanny. Please wish her a speedy recovery I love hearing the successful stories. It gives hope to others xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back