TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

CPM=Continuous Passive Motion .... it's a machine to slowly bend and rotate your knee joint. Some surgeons use it; others do not. Can be rather comforting for a lot of people.
 
1st sugury I had one. 2nd they would not let me. Glad your doing well. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 , its great to hear you are in recovery mode. You deserve to get these knees done and over with. You know the drill, proper elevation and ice !!! And dont forget to take meds on time ,all the time. One day soon , this will all be a distant memory . You will be working and enjoying life ! Pain free. Best wishes , iceman
 
Looks great Ann :) It doesn't look too swollen or bruised. Keep up the good work. Any word on when you'll be released?
 
Hey Ann. How are you? Hope your doing good. You Seem to be doing well. Good luck!!!


Silence is she is running up and down the halls. And she is climbing walls!!! Xxxx

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @nana moon,
Hope you are back in full flow soon! I look forward to how you will be in a few weeks time - up and running? x
 
OK, sorry for the suggestion of stringent physio; I was merely remembering my time after TKR! It certainly seemed stringent to me! With that wonderful machine, I'm sure you're getting all the movement you need.

Get well soon and get home.
 
Ok I need to be honest. I've had a number of pm off concerned Bonesmartie friends about my lack of updates. Thank you for the care.

Firstly, genuinely I do struggle with this phone here. I'm so medded up I struggle, hence it's just too difficult. I'm posting before the meds so I can explain what's going on. You deserve that for all your support and concern.

I am experiencing some early problems and that's why I am still in hospital. I am being loud and proud about it and that after all I went through the first time round, I am fed up that this isn't the straightforward ride I was hoping it to be. However its early days, i don't want to dwell on it (the negatives) but similarly I only really want to post about the positive stuff.

Hence the shortness of my replies

As I said previously, when I return home I can do a it better. There's no wifi here, lucky I have data on my phone but that's capped.

I may do a bullet pointed factual update at some point.

Once again I thank you for your continued support and friendship. This is what this site is about.

Love Nana Moon 27 xxx
 
Ann we will be here for you just rest and recover

I am so sorry you are having issues at this point but you will get through this and look back on it one day and smile as you walk and move about on your bionic knees


20/01/2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
We know you will post when you can. Just get through the coming days and back home. That's when normality starts. You are a star and you will get there soon X
 
Well I've just had an idiot registrar tell me i can go home. The nurses gawped at him.

I can't do stairs, my foot feels very painful if a bit dead, can't do a leg raise seated or lying down or a heel slide. Sitting up. Something not right. The matron said well what about the CPM she still needs that for the next couple of days. He said it's making it worse instead of better.

He said something like my surgeon would see me in four weeks. The PHYSIO came. I got on my crutches nearly went flying but I managed a few steps.

This afternoon I'm going to attempt the stairs. I'm going to take as much pain relief med as I can beforehand. Just grit my teeth and do it. At least at home I can elevate it and ice properly xxx

The Physio in charge has said tomorrow if all goes ok I'll be home.
 
Thinking of you and hoping that the end of today will find you feeling much brighter and getting prepared for home tomorrow.
Its really early days and those meds do cause havoc! Warm wishes winging their way to you.
 
So sorry to read you are having problems, Ann. I cannot imagine how you could be sent home to a house with stairs when you cannot navigate them. Hopefully you'll gain some strength in the next 24 hours and be able to use the crutches more easily.

I agree with you that once home, you'll be more able to care for yourself properly. Be sure they provide a pain medication prescription for you so that there is no lapse in the doses during your transition.
 
So sorry Ann. I wish it was easier for you. But it will be when your home. Lots hugs.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom