Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi Ann, hope all is well with you. How those knees are treating you well. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27
You do sound as if you are improving re the knees. More good days than bad will I hope turn into all good days very soon. I bet the consultant will be pleased with progress.

Take care

x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I will be home tonight. I will reply better when I'm home later. I've had no internet signal a week but now it's back.

I had to cancel this weeks hydrotherapy at home. I had to go to the cottage hospital as my eye swelled up really bad. The doctor called it Orbital Cellulitis and gave me some very strong antibiotics.

Hi @Chihuahuan

I'm using the crutches for support to enable me to walk further. I can't walk outside without them. I can walk inside the house and caravan for a little while. I find my legs get very tired which isn't helped by weight gain. I've not managed anywhere near that distance since but I walk every single day and go to hydrotherapy at hospital and aquacise here. I hope you're still doing okay too x

I find when I'm at home I feel very overwhelmed. Yet up here life is so much easier. Anyway I'm going back tonight and will readjust eventually.

Catch you all later
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm sorry to hear about the eye infection, Ann. I hope it soon clears up.

Try not to worry when you get home. You've done so well while you've been away. Try to keep the holiday attitude at home as well. The house doesn't need to be perfect all the time, but you need to be happy. :friends:
 
So sorry about the pesky eye infection. And I agree, when you get home, try to stay in a "vacation state of mind" and relax!

Roxie
 
We'll I'm back home and totally amazed at how much better I am!!! Wow in a word. I'm walking about without the sticks for longer periods. As soon as I got in this morning I out the sticks off to one side and started unpacking a few things, made cup of tea. Carried them in one at a time, again without sticks. I feel my time away has some me a lot of good. I feel awake and alert today, so got shed loads of washing to do.

While we were away I bought one of those portable rotating airers, which now means I can peg out the washing just outside the back doors as I cannot manage the steps, balance and wet washing. Why didn't I think of this sooner. So I thought I'd pass this idea on. Will let you know how it all goes.

Two silly things out me in a better frame of mind as I walked up the path in the early hours of this morning trying to see via hubby and his torch. He shone the torch over the foot long grass and it's been cut!!! I walked into the house and the heating was on and it felt welcoming instead of cold. Then it emerged my daughter had been using my washing machine and tumble dryer. The evidence was there to see. But these little things made me feel no sense of overwhelming when I got home.

I will check out the site in a bit more detail later and see how everyone's doing. I sincerely hope that you are all keeping well.
 
Nice one lass. The change litterally was a change as caravan is easier for you and you didn't have your nemesis the, dum darum dum darrrum, stairs. They took away your mental and physical strength. Now you can say pfffft stairs I stand on you with confidance

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Ann,
It's great that your trip did you so much good, I'm glad things are improving for you. The clothes airer idea is a good one, anything that helps makes such a difference.
I am still enjoying my very active French holiday, I've met up with @reetpteet again, we keep threatening to have a picture of the two of us being very active, but it looks as if it might just be us with glasses of wine, the weather has broken so it's a bit wet to be out and about much. There are several people on the rally with us with replacement hips or knees and we are all out walking, cycling, swimming every day, we are a good advert for the operations.
I hope your improvement continues, I will keep checking up on you,
xxx Lyn
 
I've had a busyish day. I've avoided the stairs as much as possible. I've focused in getting stuff downstairs done. It's slow but steady progress. I've done a few irritating things and got them out the way. Tomorrow I'm going to sit and get rid of excess paper work. There's a nice pile built up. Catalogues junk mail etc x

I've walked around the house most of the day without crutches until this afternoon when the pain started up. However, that's when. I rested.

My kids/grandkids/parents and family are thrilled to see how well I'm walking around the house now. I won't fib but the pain is a touch uncomfortable tonight but not unbearable. It's a bit like annoying toothache. Which reminds me, I'm at the dentist tomorrow morning. While I was on holiday I lost a filling and part of my tooth being greedy with a bag of delicious banana toffees. Ive gone off them now!

Sleep well

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is really good news. I am so happy that you are doing so very much better. You said to me months ago take it slowly and you will get there, I still have discomfort when I walk but my life is back. X
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, so glad to see you back o the board. We know the reception is not good up by the Caravan, but you are missed when you are unable to get a signal out. I am sure we all agree. @Legin, :thumb: to you, my sentiments exactly. Use the crutches like you use the ice :ice:and pain meds... when you need them. Keep on keepin' on one day at a time. Continue to heal and improve. Take good care of yourself. :hugzz:
 
Thank you xxx

@kate23 taking my own advice I dish out to others has helped me too :heehee: Listening to the advice here about slowing down has helped immensely. I've stopped pushing myself and take it one day at a time. I'm in a far better place than even just a few weeks ago and like you, I feel like I'm starting to get my life back. I do have a bad day sometimes and more often than not it does get uncomfortable but it's a more comfortable feeling than when I had the surgery done. It feels good xx

@chestnc my knee hates the ice packs and being cold. I try elevating but if it's persistent then I take something.

My granddaughters/daughters are thrilled we are back and the grands are staying over tomorrow night xxx

@Ellejay I'd love to see a pic of you and reetpteet. Maybe you could start a new thread in the social community area of Bonesmarties. who've met along the way xxx have a fantastic holiday Lynne. You so deserve it xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Glad to hear you've decided to take things slower and it's helping your knee. Keep on doing as little as possible!
 
Quick update...

Improvements:

Can walk without crutches around the house for a few hours.
Can go up and downstairs using the handrail unfortunately toddler style still, two feet per stair
(There isn't enough bend in the knee to do the drop down to the next stair single footed)
Moods much improved (less frustrated)
Doing a lot more housework but I still find this wears me out very quickly

My main problem is that I cannot stand still for any length of time without being in extreme pain. Then I find it very difficult to get moving due to bad pain and increased stiffness. However, it does clear a touch with movement. If not I go sit and elevate. Ice seems to make it more painful.

Hope everyone's ok.
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I am so happy for you. Same simulates to yours. Xoxo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom