TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi all. I'm sorry I've not been on. I couldn't get any internet signal until tonight. I'll be back around the 8th September.

I'm doing ok. Had a very interesting chat with my bro in law about the side effect of Simvastatin on joints. He had to come off it due to severe panino his joints off it. I'm going to see my GP when I get home.

If I'm not around much for the next week please bear with me the internet here is atrocious XX

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
That's very interesting. My husband is on simvastin and has been for many years. He has been complaining about joint pain and was thinking he was getting arthritis. I will tell him what I've read. The silly thing is he was put on it for high cholesterol but he's never been tested to see if it's gone down.Food for thought.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My husband has had a bad reaction to most brands of simvastatin. Your blood is supposed to be tested regularly while you're on it to make sure it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, and you're supposed to watch out for bad reactions to let your doctor know.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Good to hear from you, Nana Moon. And glad that things, other than the Internet, seem to be working OK.
 
My GP has been on at me for years to be prescribed simvisatin. I once took it for a week and was so wrought with aches and pains, I could hardly get up in the morning! So I refused to take them. Thing was, my regularly tested cholesterol level was nominally normal but towards the higher end of. Now colour me stupid, but to me that's still ....normal! My GP took to phoning me after surgery hours and trying to persuade me to take it again, finally asking me to 'just take a whisper of it'. So I agreed - the 'whisper' turned out to be 5mg per week ! I asked him if that was a therapeutic dose and he admitted it wasn't but offered no other reason for my taking them. They're still in the cupboard - untouched! I have no intention of taking them while my cholesterol is normal. Now he's given me a script and can declare me as another fish on the line and can claim his thirty pieces of silver!
 
Hi all,
I heard a news item on the radio yesterday in UK about some doctors protesting about being paid a specific sum of money dependent on how many of their patients were prescribed statins. They rightly claimed that prescribing is a professional decision not a financial one!
 
I worked my way through all the statins and came to rest with the lowest dose of Rosuvastatin because my cholesterol is high and I've had a TIA. All the others gave me obvious muscle pain, I'm not sure about this but it's the lowest dose and the most expensive (least side-effects) so not routinely prescribed. Something to add to my long list of questions for the new consultant.
 
Hi Ann,
Still thinking of you!
I hope you're doing well and still enjoying your time in Wales.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nana thinking of you. Wow u been though a lot. As well as I. I hope your doing well with bend and walking.

I finally got to 0 with 118 bend. That's not to bad. Could be better but. I am taking it easy. I hope and pray your doing well. ❌❌❌❌❌❌❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Hope you are well - thriving even?
It is amazing in Tywyn with the poor to non existent wifi/broadband/GPS signal. Look forward to a catch up x
 
Hi all

At long last I am recovering. My biggest achievement was walking a mile on a flat promenade looking at the sea, for the first time in almost two years. Yes I still had to use crutches but I did it. I'm no longer using the crutches around the caravan and only then I use them if the pain gets a bit iffy, or my knee and leg stiffen. I can swim two lengths easily now but the leg movement isn't great. I've been to aquacise twice week in Wales. I'm sure all this is helping improve my mobility.

I'm going to try to get in and see my GP. I was put on statins a few years ago as my cholesterol was 8. Not once have I had a blood test to check to see if the levels dropped. I'm certain now the awful pain in the rest of my joints and soles of my feet is a result of the statin. Josephine is right. Doctors over here are paid for each person they put on Statins and the follow up is not good.

Hope everyone's ok?

Love, Nana moon 27
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
It's great to hear that you are improving at last, Ann! :yes!::happydance::yay::flwrysmile:

It's good idea to see your GP. My husband is on statins and he has to have an annual blood test, to check his cholesterol levels.
 
Yes I still had to use crutches but I did it. I'm no longer using the crutches around the caravan and only then I use them if the pain gets a bit iffy, or my knee and leg stiffen.

Well done @Nana moon 27 . How is it all going, transferring everything, all your development back home?
 
Hi Ann,
I was thrilled to read that you are walking and swimming, welcome back to 'your life'.
I am in France, two weeks into my seven week holiday. Weather is gorgeous and I am thoroughly enjoying taking part in all the activities on offer, I even managed yoga yesterday.
I'm sure that your recovery will go splendidly now you have started to be so active again, well done you xxx
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom