Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Wales sounds lovely! Someday I would love to visit all of the UK, especially Scotland since my husbands family is originally from there.
 
Hey my lovely friend. I hope that your able to relax. I pray that your recovery is going well.. I've read your back at the vacation spot? Is it helping you? Have you had any more hydro? How bought bend etc? Look forward to reading a good post. ❌❌❌❌♥️♥️♥️


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi I'm back from Wales.

My knee is improving. I've been swimming and aquacise while I was away. I'm still in pain but the knee seems to be a bit better rom wise. I'll know more after Tues morning after hydro xxx I'm walking more upright and my gait is slowly getting there. I feel a slight bend in my knee now as I walk with the crutches xx

Hope everyone's ok. Catch you soon

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Great report!!! Thanks for the update. I've missed you....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So great to hear your walking more upright. Good posture helps a lot..


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Glad you are in the land of the living after your lack of internet holiday. I hope the little developments carry on and consolidate.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee wishing you well x
 
The sole of my foot is burning really bad. Yet I touch it and it feels cool. It feels like someone's stabbed me in the side of my TKR, that's feeling hot but it's just warmer than the other. Have done several Loads of washing and put it on the airer or in the dryer. Done a mound of washing up. Tidied the living room. Made my bed. Done my physio exercises and made the bed. I have to learn to slow it and take a break between tasks. I'm very tired. Been up and downstairs quite a number of times. I've been attempting to walk around the house without the crutches but it hurts way too much after a while.

Got hydro in the morning and physio in the afternoon.

Catch you soon
Love Nana moon 27
 
@Wrangler thanks for your post. Sorry I missed it. My surgeon suspects I may have RSD #crps, but he is ruling everything else out first. I'm trying everything to build up quad strength particularly water based activity. The hydro has definitely upset my other knee (TKR #1). It's got some strange swelling that moves and tingles somewhat when pressure is applied. Will mention to him in the morning when I go.

Worst of this is I've been offered the chance to go on a coach/cruise/train tour of Austria and surrounding area over New year, I've never been. I'm wary though because my knee does not cope with a 2 & 1/2 hr journey to Wales very well, let alone however long these tours would be. I've told my sis in law I'll have to see how I get on.
 
Please take it easy, Nana Moon. I don't want you to have a permanent seat in the ODIT (Over-Did It) Club headquarters. You know this. You said:
"I have to learn to slow it and take a break between tasks."
Please take this to heart.

I've got to say hearing about the weirdness happening with the sole of your foot got me worried about #CRPS. I don't claim to know anything at all about it, but I once touched the leg of someone who claimed to have it, and the area was shockingly cold. Certainly hoping I'm wrong about all that. #CRPS is a (insert word for a female dog here).

ETA: I wrote that bit about #CRPS just about the same time you were posting about it. Gee, I certainly hope you're able to take this tour of Austria. Have you contacted the tour company to see how it could accommodate you if you're still having good days and and days. I'm sure they've run across people with physical limitations before, and have figure out ways to help them comfortably get the most out of the tours. It always helps me to have something to look forward to, and this sounds like it could be the ticket for you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been to hydrotherapy this morning. Explained about the negative effect from the previous session. I also mentioned about the pain and burning in my foot and leg. I told her I had to take breakthrough medication in the early hours of this morning. Thankfully hubby was wide awake,sat and gently massaged both knees while I waited for the med to kick in. That helped immensely as it made me relax. She said I need to slow down again and not push so hard. She said I have to learn to just slowly potter about resting between what I'm doing at home. Easier said than done. I'm so frustrated I could scream right now.

This time I did the skateboard movement using only the water for resistance, that was much better than having the float on my foot. I did squats and walking backwards and forwards. This sounded more like what I should have done the first week. It was a different physio. She was very laid back. I am waiting for the physiotherapist to arrive here now.

It's strange how I seem to do better when I'm away at the caravan. It dawned on me that it's a much smaller compact area to manage, there's no beastly stairs and I go to aquacise and swim while I'm up there. I manage short walks. I guess I don't do as much housework up there as I do here xx

Take care
Love Nana moon 27
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Maybe you need to move your caravan to your garden and live in it LOL Might be the only way to stop you over doing it. How on earth can you stop yourself having such major blitzes? Look after yourself x
 
Easier said than done.

I didn't see anything in that list of activities that needed to be done, including the PT exercises and "building up your quads". A lot of people are telling you to slow down and right now they are smarter than you are! :) Please try spending the whole day with the TV or a book or crayons or whatever works.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann just catching up with your thread I am out of breathe. You have been busy, but it is tough to keep still when you see so many things that need to be done and you have the strength to do them. It is so easy to get caught up in the ODIC for sure. Just try to pace yourself best you can. Also that training trip to Austria sounds like an event of a lifetime. Think about it, pray over it, and the answer will come to you. You have some time though September is right around the corner. It would be a lovely opportunity. Find out more about the trip and ask your provider (doctor) what they think. Keep on hanging in there and continue to feel well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hey Ann. It's been a while. It' easier to have water sessions. I wish they had them. I just pray your alright. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom