TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I had a lovely night out thank you. I soon realised that there were certain aspects of my job I used to dislike I felt relieved I wasn't going through what some of they were going through. The one asked why I hadn't had a leaving do and I said because I'd been away so much plus it's only been recently that I d picked up x

The one said she's going to arrange something.

Anyway, I'm very tired now and going to bed xxx
 
You are doing sooooooo well not be long before you will be leading the conga.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Great news. Think if we all line up we can do an around the world conga line. Wouldn't that be a sight!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
We'll I'm back home and totally amazed at how much better I am!!! Wow in a word. I'm walking about without the sticks for longer periods. As soon as I got in this morning I out the sticks off to one side and started unpacking a few things, made cup of tea. Carried them in one at a time, again without sticks. I feel my time away has some me a lot of good. I feel awake and alert today, so got shed loads of washing to do.

While we were away I bought one of those portable rotating airers, which now means I can peg out the washing just outside the back doors as I cannot manage the steps, balance and wet washing. Why didn't I think of this sooner. So I thought I'd pass this idea on. Will let you know how it all goes.

Two silly things out me in a better frame of mind as I walked up the path in the early hours of this morning trying to see via hubby and his torch. He shone the torch over the foot long grass and it's been cut!!! I walked into the house and the heating was on and it felt welcoming instead of cold. Then it emerged my daughter had been using my washing machine and tumble dryer. The evidence was there to see. But these little things made me feel no sense of overwhelming when I got home.

I will check out the site in a bit more detail later and see how everyone's doing. I sincerely hope that you are all keeping well.
Glad to read you are feeling so good.[emoji93] [emoji122]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Great to hear things are looking up for you, Nana.
 
It's been a long trek but I'm so pleased there's hope at last. I really didn't want the MUA xxx had blooming flu shot on Friday afternoon. It may be a coincidence but I've a sore throat, headache, tired and sweaty. I've only been affected by a flu shot once, about 12 years ago. I've been fine since x lovely to hear from you kneeper xx
 
You are the third person who has felt ill after a flu shot on Bonesmart. Hope you feel better tomorrow.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Oh my goodness. This must be a nasty batch. My son came down late this afternoon. I've not seen him for over a month @Pumpkln! Trouble was I kept falling asleep. Even now my eyes hurt, I've a headache and I feel like someone's pulled the plug on me. He was very understanding xx hubby due home tonight after a weeks fishing trip xx
 
I've been hearing this from people in the US also. I've never had a flu shot for this reason, but teaching has built up my immune system. Nothing like first graders coughing and sneezing all over you.
 
I read the other day that they have made a stronger version of the flu shot for people over a certain age (can't remember what it was). Supposedly, it is supposed to result in a stronger immune response which could explain why people are getting sick from them. I'm like Karri -- built up my immune system from so many years of teaching that I don't bother to get one. One year my doctor talked me into it and I had an allergic reaction so I shan't be tempted again. So glad you're feeling better, Nana!

Roxie
 
Normally I'm fine with them. As I said earlier I'm usually ok and reacted only once before many years ago. I think I'm a little run down anyway as I still have that stye that turned into orbital cellulitis while I was away. This may be the reason I've got under the weather.

@Pumpkln I'm definitely feeling better. I'm going for a walk round to the corner shop with my granddaughter. She's been keeping me company while hubby's been away on a Fishing trip since last Monday. He's due back late tonight or early hours. I'm using a slightly different technique with my crutches to encourage normal gait. I'm using opposite crutch to opposite leg, while walking. This enables me to stand more upright. I can only do this when my knee isn't swollen but more often than not I'm ok now...yaaaay xxx

I'm on day three of no statins. Still no difference yet with the pain but the GP said I have to give it two weeks to start coming out of my system. Then I return to the surgery at six weeks for a cholesterol test. It was 8.0 before statins

Take care all

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Hi, yes it's been a long haul and like you I also questioned it. I'm now almost in my second year of being stuck in recovery due to the really terrible first one

This second one was awful at first but now it's responding I'm so much happier. I compared photos of my left and right knees after surgery. They are so completely different. I'm posting pics of them so you can see.

1st Right TKR Revision - first pic is not for the faint-hearted.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee



Left TKR. No blisters nothing

[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom