Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I'll stop complaining now. Some of you have and are having a rougher road. I'm only three weeks out. Hopefully I'm one that fly's through it. Good luck!:angel:
 
So happy for you! You have no idea how exotic a trip to Wales sounds to me. You have put up with a lot, and deserve much fun and relaxation!
 
Hi, yes you are so right @Pumpkln I was so happy about that. It's a few tablets less and an improvement in my health. All I need now is for this healing to reach my knees. He's going to see me again in November. He said if there's any problem with the bloods or the scan when I have it, he will contact me.

Went to hydro. Started off with underwater marching...that was fine. Omg! He put an arm band on the foot of my bad knee. I had to straighten leg in front then push it back allowing the float to rise, thus bending my knee. It was a bit like doing a skateboard push movement. It hurt not too badly but it did hurt.

He then changed that for some strap on blue things on my calf that caused resistance in the water. That really started to hurt but then for no apparent reason my other knee started giving me dreadful pain and we had to stop.

Finished off with squats. Next appointment in two weeks. He wants me to note how long the pain lasts from that exercise. He was very understanding.

I didn't like the pool. Considering it had recently been deep cleaned it looked yuk! Prefer the other pool but it's 45 mins drive, this one is ten mins.

He warned me to drink plenty and that I'd be very tired. Gosh he was right about that!!!

I'm going to get an hours sleep and make sure I'm ready to go for this evening. I will keep up the aquacise while I'm away xx

May post later xxx

Hope everyone's ok.
Love Ann xxx
 
I'm not sure about most of those exercises, but the squats in the pool have been very helpful for me. I hope you see good results.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
To be very honest @PolarBear60 I felt that for the first hydro session was a bit too pushy. I understand why he's doing it because for obvious reasons I want to avoid an MUA. At least he does listen and stops what ever is hurting. I've made my mind up that when I see my OS next month I'm going to refuse it if there's any improvement in my rom. My biggest problem is pain. I have really good days but more real bad ones.

I'll be going to the local pool in Wales with the kids as well as my aquacise class. That I think will be very beneficial. I love water. My teenage granddaughter will be a great help but I want more than anything for her to have a good holiday.

They've all got friends on the caravan site, that's a real bonus. Yes, I'm disappointed I didn't get the recovery I'd hoped for this year but hopefully next I'll be more mobile.

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
How does it feel to just do simple water walking or flutter kicks? I think the water gives a bit of resistance itself.
 
Hello @nana moon It was interesting to read about your hydrotherapy very different from mine. I only had the water for resistance with very controlled and slow movements not the arm bands etc. That was certainly enough for me. But if it works why not? I didn't realise you were such a water babe! With general swimming, hydrotherapy and aquacise, all in a week or two may be something will shift! Enjoy .....
 
Nice one lass the key so often is right attitude. Have a grand stay and I'm sure you and granddaughter will get into mischief.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you enjoy your trip to Wales with the grands. It will be good to get away again and to have the grands around to help. Do enjoy yourself!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I hope you enjoy your time in wales, Ann. Can you do the hydrotherapy on a regular basis there?

I'll be away for a couple of weeks - hoping to hear you have had a good time on holiday.
 
Anything further about RSD ( #CRPS )? Vitamin C is supposed to help ward it off if taken after the surgery. Ice is also supposed to be a no-no. I have been diagnosed with CRPS. I had an MUA 7 weeks out. My OS suspected CRPS. He was able to get my knee to bend quite easily. I spent the next 3 days in hospital with an epidural on a CPM machine bending my knee 0-120. When they removed the epidural I experienced PAIN again. Long story short, two days after I got home my knee went back to pre-MUA range despite my best efforts. If RSD is suspected it would be beneficial to have it confirmed or rejected as it is a beast!!
Good luck and best wishes!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Weather here in Wales fabulous. However the hydro has done something to both knees for the worse. Won't let it ruin holiday. Taking pain killers all ican do xxx
 
That's what painkillers are for! Sorry the hydro hurt rather than helped. Enjoy the weather and rest and recharge. This is the monsoon season in Florida and every day we have intense thunderstorms. Lost power for a few hours twice this week. Fortunately my knee does not seem to react to inclement weather. Can't wait for winter!
 
Been wondering how you've been doing. So very sorry you had that setback in hydro ... you've had far too many of them, dear friend. Hope that your discomfort is short-lived and that your time with your grandchildren is truly enjoyable from now on.
 
Hello my friend. Just checking in on u. Hoping your knee dont give u to many fits. ❌❌❌♥️♥️♥️ good luck. Hope u are getting to relaxing pamper nana time.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom