Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Oh bliss. I had a good few hours sleep.

@Homeport you're right about the morning meds. (Oh Happy Birthday to you and me for tomorrow xxx) I would have liked to have stayed up there after my shower and rested but D wanted me downstairs as he's had to go to his dad's to continue fitting a new suite in the bathroom, shower tray cubicle the lot. (Trip idiot could me too!!!). My last recovery from my first TKR I had so many in the first few weeks it was ridiculous.

I definitely cannot get downstairs without help or upstairs without someone carrying my crutches. So I've had to come downstairs. He's fetched my craft table and box in, so I can make my granddaughter a pretty money wallet card. I think he's stopping me from getting overconfident and having a mishap!!

Trouble is meds have kicked and made me tired!

My daughter will be here a little later and my parents this afternoon. My dad's lending me his little round shower stool. Tomorrow I can wash my own hair and use the shower safely xx I do a silly one handed balancing act holding the shower cubicle handle inside. Not ideal.

@CATSMUM lovely to hear from you. I will pop over to your thread to see how you are doing xx

@Celle @Legin yes my granddaughter is lovely. She seems to know instinctively what to do or suggest. I trust her implicitly.

Oh and the biggest most important thing...when I came downstairs, albeit it very slowly, I got to the fifth step when the pain kicked in. It was different. Not the white hot tearing unbearable pain I usually get but a very uncomfortable one which was far more bearable. I'm nearly four weeks post op and at risk of jinxing myself I think I'm beginning to turn a corner at last!!!


Have a great day x
 
Yay! It's time for a morning nap now. :-D

I needed someone to carry my walker up and down the steps the first couple of weeks. Would've been sweet to have had the luxury of two of them!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant that you are turning a corner. It very evident to me that you are much more relaxed and doing better every day. I'm plodding along too and my bend is coming s l o w l y .
Congratulations to us both for progressing though and at four weeks being able to see our way ahead now!
 
Don't know why but my knee has swollen at the back and up above it. It hurts, as does my thigh. D has made me ice and elevate and take my breakthrough medicine. I'm gutted to take that as I've had none in four days.

I've had a busy day with people popping in. Mom, dad, 2 sis in law, father in law, brother in law x

I'm sleeping downstairs tonight to rest my knee completely. It's doing so very well despite this swelling and I don't want to ruin what I've achieved already x

Everyone who has seen me is saying what a better recovery I'm having this time. That is so lovely. It gives me hope x

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Sounds like a bit of overuse. Stairs coupled with all the visiting has probably impaired your resting, icing, and elevating. You have it covered though, and you'll probably feel better tomorrow or the next day at the worst.
 
Hi @nanamoon,
Those stairs! I hope you have a good rest overnight and might be able to face them and manage them tomorrow.
Having slept on the sofa bed for three nights I tried to get up the stairs yesterday but it was not to be. My leg and crutches were wobbly to the point of being dangerous ... another time I will manage it though.
Sleep well X
 
Hello Anne. Hope your doing well!! Steps yay way to go. Hope today is pain free for you... Hope you get some rest... Lots of love to ya..:


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, so glad that you are feeling better this recovery. I think maybe with all the visitors you inadvertently may have overexerted yourself. It happens to the best of us. Rest up and enjoy tomorrow. A birthday coming up. Happy Birthday and enjoy your day and don't overdo it. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hope this is alright. Wanted to say good job with steps and garden. Then making way up steps etc. So glad you are having a good recovery this time around. I know it can be rough.... I'm glad you have family surrounding you... Pillows for elevation is great till they make me mad and I toss....

Anyway I hope you can get some rest and get ya legs comfey..: xxxx

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.. Prayers for a pain managed day so ya can enjoy it. Figured I post this for u. Have a blessed day!!! Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
You're moving and you're feeling it - me too! My thigh has been real achy along with the back of the knee. PT believes the thigh ache is cuz my quad is quite weak & atrophied I'm pushing it more now and the back of the knee is my pesky lateral hamstring which has been a concern. No pain, just the aching. I ice, lay low for 12-24 hours, then start pushing at it again. I find I can do a bit more with less down time if I push a bit (not a lot!), ice & rest it, then start again. I don't keep hammering at it. And for me this time around, this seems to be the best approach. But I must say again, I'm not stressing the knee or soft tissue every day. It may take me a bit longer but it's a smoother approach for this knee.
 
Thank you @Angel1978, you put a lot of effort into that lovely pic, bless you. You're so kind.

@dtmbf your post makes so much sense. Yes after today, I will back off a bit, pushing myself a bit much I think this week, although it's been nice to have achieved stuff though.
 
Happy Birthday Ann, have a wonderful day. Hope your knee behaves today as a mark of respect for your birthday. xx
 
Happy Birthday to my friend Ann, @Nana moon 27, and wishing you so many more!!
Here's a Cake Pop (one of the newer things here) for you on your birthday and best wishes for you and your two new knees and to a continued spectacular recovery.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom