Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I second the tonic water with quinine. Fixed my leg & foot cramping & muscle twitches. I use the diet version so no calories. Just wish I could put the gin in it also, but alas, I still take a few pain meds so I don't dare!
 
Thanks @PolarBear60

I had one of my more lucid moments because I'm not on so much medication. I was cross with the GP as he had diagnosed me with RLS before my op. He said he'd sort it once my op had been done. The consultant at the hospital was not happy about that at all. He said I should have been treated before coming into hospital as it was unfair with the twitching and jumping affecting me so badly. He was totally shock when he saw the muscle spasm my newly operated leg went into. The pain was horrendous. So he prescribed the quinine.
 
I will send for some Schweppes Tonic Water diet version. Make a nice change from plain water now and agin. Thank you x x
 
Add lemon or lime slices and it's close to a G+T. My SIL freezes the slices and pops them in as needed. Watch you don't OD on the quinine -- something for you to research.....
 
I don't know how Yal can drink it. I try I'ck lol. Anyways best of luck to u. So Glad by read post your better.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
My granddaughter came in straight from school. She vacuumed, put the washing on and watered my plants in the garden. She just cooked herself something to eat. She offered me but I said no I was t hungry yet xx she's helped me in to the back patio and then down those three dreadful steps into my garden. It's lovely but the shrubs are in dire need of being tied back. My knee ached but I walked up and down the garden path admiring my plants. Then my granddaughter made sure I got back into the house. I've sat down but my knee really aches. It's not desperately painful it's uncomfortable xx I'm icing and elevating. I feel good for getting fresh air x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Your granddaughter is a star. She helped you in a way that the physio with their targets couldn't! It the "back to normality" that you've been waiting for.
 
That's great news -- I think the best physio comes out of the need to do something that's important to you. Hope you slept well.
 
Hi Nana. I am so glad your granddaughter helped u. Makes a world of difference when some one helps us. And we don't have to beg. Lol I know I do.

Anyways I hope that you can rest good in ya bed. Lord know my bed sucks. I think it's the restless legs. It's so weird. I can lay down and both legs ache bad. Then the surgical leg I got keep move it cause it ache. Oops sorry to go off topic.



I am so glad you got to walk out in Garden. Makes for relaxing evening. I know I'n ya mind your wishing ya could tie shrubs back or take care of it. I know if ya like me. Ya want to do it all ya self. Cause you have specific way to do it. I know I do. And it's been hard to accept ones help. Cause makes me mad when it's not done right. I hope your able to rest comfortable and peaceful.

So glad each day your able to do more. Xxx you got this girl.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
If I could get operated leg comfy on this bed I'd sleep beautifully. It's uncomfortable because of the slight bend, it doesn't rest flat on the mattress. I wont put anything under it, however, I suppose I could send hubby down for my elevation pillows and try elevating it.

Ok think I'm gonna try that x x x
 
Ann, you should be elevating your leg in bed. Go for the pillows!!! :thumb: There is nothing wrong with putting a pillow under your leg as long as it's not just under the knee joint. But elevating is even better.
 
Well done that granddaughter! She's a star.
Going down 3 steps into the garden and then back up again, and then going up the stairs to bed should count as your PT for the day.
:friends:
 
Hi Anne after my op I found my best sleep was in the morning after sin meds would sleep away the morning and at this stage you need that rest hubby would then take pillows downstairs still does as I am a complete trip idiot still and I would rest on sofa between small walks this is a long journey hugs


20/01/2015
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom