TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Oh honey - just be done with HER!! You don't need anyone bullying you!!! I am so sorry that you had this experience!! Cancel next week's appointment - it isn't worth having someone give you such a hard time. I hope you get lots of rest tonight!!! xxoo big hugs and a big smooch!!! I am so sorry that you had this experience. It is your knee and you get to decide!!!
 
Oh, and Ann... did she have xray vision to see there was no swelling inside your knee? To make you feel any better, mine is still hard as a rock and I am 7 weeks out. This is a long process that isn't fixed in weeks.... months to years!! Hang in there, you poor thing.
 
Oh @Nana moon 27 reading your account of your physio felt like a punch in my stomach as I read it. I am often anxious, you are often anxious, does that mean we don't have pain. Its like a conveyor belt and you don't fit on it. One session for this, one session for that... you are more sensitive and should not be expected to be on the conveyor belt (nor should anyone as we are all individuals). All you need is some one on your side! For your own sanity why don't you measure around the knee and above and below it and keep a record so that you can quote these measurements if necessary.

Your poor hubby meant well but what a liability. Can you get 2-3 sessions of private physio someone who will be on your side and help you along? Despite all of this you sound strong and you really are on your way to a brighter future x
 
Right we are all agreed - she is sacked!!
 
Oh Ann. Be done with her. That is wrong of her. She is not forensic and she don't have no device to see in your knee. She needs to be turned in. She is basically putting you down.

I have anxiety. And they try use that against us. But it's not fare.
And I agree with you u aren't anxious of the steps. Cause u would not have went up during week. So she is wrong. I had to fire one Pt in December. Cause she was hurt me and other was lazy.


But I do hope that you're pain goes away. Sending hugs.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Joining the choir to say she needs to be so out of there. You need to talk to her supervisor tomorrow. That is totally uncalled for.
 
See we are all on your side - and it isn't you darling it is her!! She needs a big ole kick in her behind - right out the door. Our husbands don't always think before they speak...... I can hear mine doing the same thing!!! You have to just tell him that he needs to support you and follow your wishes!! Hang in there!!! You stand up for yourself - and don't do anything that is hurting!!! You are in charge. I read your whole post to my husband and said if someone like that comes into our home they are out!!! He agreed!! So you talk to your hubby too!! I hope you have a good rest tonight!!
 
Ann I have to put my 2 cents in
What on earth made you listen to that horrid PT wench . You know what u can and cannot do. We did this together last January and learned from others. JUST SAY NO!!!
Even now my knee throbs at night I ice and lay. I'm not so comfy sitting tend to always cross my legs
Stay well stay positive I have faith in you
❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
(((((Hugs)))))


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hey Ann. Just thinking of you. It's 12:20 Am. I keep read your post over and over. And it still makes me mad and sad at the same time. Remember this is your knee your recovery. Not hers. She don't know what your going through. She is pushing you to hard. You know your own limits. And it sounds like you have did your self in. She stArt out good? Is this same Pt? Anyways she knew you was have trouble. And she is putting you in danger.

Remember in my thread I was sad and scared. I'm thinking it was almost a month this last fine before j could do leg lift. As far as the heal slides struggle. Who is she kidding. She has not had knee sugury. She is trying to meet her own quota or goals. I know in ky max pt is 2-4 weeks. And after 2 doc has do order with why home pt must continue.
Really 2 weeks but 4 is what they call the more imobile. I got 4 cuz was have trouble with bend,extension,and put foot on floor flat. Anyways enough on me.

She knew u was have issues she got you stair stuff. She saw ya goin up. She basically demanded u go up rest way. Steps is not good in early days. Yes just a few. But for her to keep you goin up and down so fast. Not not good. Yes you manage them for shower. But who is she kidding.

Admins or anyone who read this. I think the hot and shaky is from her being worn out. I did same. My knee would gat hot on scar and on left side. Think may have post asking why in my thread. Anyways makes me upset she would say that to you.

Your hub did good on help you. But he knew you was have trouble. He should not pushes you either. U are no child. But I'd been there she been gone. I would call on her in front of her face. I would have said. You know me from where you seen me. You know olny about me cause of medical team. You don't know my body to know if I am in pain. So I fill its best you don't come back. (Secret) I have anxiety. The pt pulled that card on me. I said let me tell you this. I am a mother and a wife. I have a job. I am not what your saying I am. It's wrong. I know my limits. I raises my kids and I refuse to let u use my problems against me.

Did some one make you mad for you to emotionally put me down. I got no answer. And I am not going to let you get me down. I am proud of accomplishments I have made. So it's best you leave. You have already hurt me enough and took away my peace of mind. I have worked to hard and been through to much for you to steal mg joy. Sorry I went rambling. But it hurts me.

People try to push us. Cause they don't have nothing better to do. One more thing. All trouble I had in beginning. I would not be this far if this sight has not helped me. I knew I had a problem. But again cause I have problem they refuse to see it. Pep look at us different. We all are equal in God eyes.

The steps ya did. Early day. The chair in kitchen good. Standing problem remains. I fill for u. Again I will ramble. I a bit over 3 months. I had 4 weeks pt in home after revision. My pt was great. We became friends. And we text each day. I trusted her. And she knew her job. And knew my limits. And did not push me. But if she did she would make me rest. And do other wveeise till i could do other.
So can't understand why she pushes you to cry.

After partial I had 2 weeks cause all the home pt was rude other lazy.
So went and got aquatic therapy. 8 visits. Gym some. Ins mess up.
So had get appeal amd I got 4 weeks 3x week. And Friday is my last day. But I know I be having trouble. Cause I'm still have bend extension issues. Pt can do so much. But it gets agervating sometimes. Heck have you hubby do excercise you. Make it a game with grandkids If u trust them not hurt you. Just few wveeise here and there.

I am 3 moths had 4 weeks in home. And cause ins mess up. Was suppose get 4 weeks 3x week in gym. Well only got 4visits and it was
Time for me be stern. U staff lazy hurt me and u all cheating me. I'm not getting no where. So when went to OS I said help me pt is not help me. Not doing there job. So he changed me centers and home Heath agency. You should never have fill like that. I know I olny know u from here. But they need do better.

Smile fire her. It's your knee. Think of some fun crazy stuff for motivation. Like time in post where you has family there and some one was dancing and made u laugh.

Look at me a tad over 3 months I struggle with this and more swelling,sleep,bend,extension.
And I keep trying. Don't let her get you down. And heck I read Josephine thread. No excerise and pt. I know you can do it. Have hub help more. Fire pt. it's your knee. Your own recovery. Don't let her push u to where u want give up.
Your doing well. Hang on to the small accomplishments. Better days my lovely friend is coming.
And u can look back and say wow I made. And be proud of your self.

I find my recovery is a roller Coster on my emotions to. Cause I im not progressing well. Although people brag. But when pep say wrong thing of throws us off. And makes us doubt our recovery. But in end we all need a pick me up. We are all here for you chick.

Deep down u and your hub. More so you know your limits. Keep being stern. And don't let them bully u.
If just makes me upset how people do. They have no clue at all.
So sorry I rambles in thread. But just makes me upset. Seems we had similar issues. To this day my knee after Pr gets red heated splotchy. Just Ice down is all I do. Just be careful take care of self. You have a family who need you. And grands who need there nana for some fun.

Hope I did not bore you with my ramble. U have helped me by being there in my threads. Good luck. Sending you (hugs) prayers!!!!
Xxxxxx

ATTACH=full]31997[/ATTACH]




Hope this ok post. For a laugh. Let's dance.
broken link removed: https://m.gifbin.com/981309


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1435124336.942024.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
This is horrible! She was so disrespectful of you! And while I'm sure you love your hubby deeply, he was (IMHO) out of line as well. You're not a child; you don't need someone to speak for you. I can see how he might have meant no harm, but you must have felt ganged up on by the two of them. I'm glad that you had this forum, and knew that there was support and advice waiting for you once the pain was under control. Without that, I think it would be a lot harder to maintain the positive outlook that you do.

My PT(assistant) told me yesterday that we weren't at the point where he (probably 250#) would have to sit on my leg with it supported top and bottom to get the extension I needed, but that might be a possibility down the line. And I looked at him and didn't say it out loud, but thought, "You would be so fired if you tried that."

I hope that you are able to have a restful, pain-free night and a better tomorrow.
 
Your strong my friend. U got this.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee


Prayers for you.

Father I ask you to lift up my friend Nana. Lord you know her situation. Give her strength and peace of mind foe And all the challenges she has been Going through. I ask you to lift up her spirits,erase her hurt from mistake the pt her through.
Heal her knee and take all the pain away. Give her the confidence she needs do move ahead in recovery. Continue talking her pain away. Remind her how special she is to you. Give her the strength to make the right decision on Pt. Thank you for getting her far. In your name I pray Amen.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1435124772.476863.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 139
As for the PT well she said there is no swelling. She didn't touch it she just looked. I said it feels like the swelling is trapped inside it's rock hard and I can't bend the knee or straighten it properly. And it's definitely swollen above the knee. She just looked at me.
She's an idiot. Sack her!

She insisted I did a leg raise. I explained it had taken me all day to get the pain under control. She said I need to see you do a leg raise seated.
Anyway she insisted I did the stairs.
I got down the last few stairs then burst into tears with the pain. I got my crutches sat in the chair in the kitchen. By now her judge and jury were out. "I think this is your anxiety causing this problem with the stairs." I said I was in extreme pain not anxiety although the distress from the pain was upsetting me. I burst into tears. I felt useless.
Ann,
It's your knee and your life. You have to speak up for your knee and refuse to do what this bully of a PT says.
She takes the cake for insensitivity and bullying and you don't have to listen to her or do what she says.

Here we've been telling you to cut back on your exercises until the swelling goes down and to avoid the stairs and this physio-terrorist pushes you into doing what you said you don't want to do.
You don't have to do what she says. You pay her wages through your taxes. You are employing her and you are the boss. You have the absolute right to say what will happen with your knee. If she comes again, sit on your chair and refuse to budge or do anything.

Remember, No Pain, More Gain. And:
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again


Sack the woman. Ring up (or get hubby to do it) and say she isn't to come again.

HUGS to you! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Right, first off thank you for your support. The icing and elevation clearly helped me in the end. I'm very tired but I'm feeling okay today. I'm putting the whole sorry episode down to experience and moving on.

I've just got up, had a little walk around downstairs on my crutches and I'm resting in the hopes I drop back off to sleep.

The pain is a bit sore, it's worst round the inside right of my LTKR. That's a good sign too.

Will post later but thanks for once again x

The sun is streaming through the back windows. Looks like a nice day today. It's 8am xx
 
Hi nana- so much love and support from friends here, you will be dancing on that knee in no time!! It's 3:30am here, my usual wake up and ice time...thought i would check your thread to see how your night went. I wish you a great, pain free day!!
 
Today is undoubtedly a better day for you and you are sounding so positive.
If you and I look back to 28th and 29th May - we are doing good, we are healing and slowly but surely making progress.
Isn't it great not to have that bone on bone feeling? The sun is going in and out here but Im going to sit in the garden and elevate my leg after my walk around the block.
I have one wish for you - I hope you get a better physio who can make you smile!
 
Hi @Hopper yes we are doing fine. It's impatience in my part because I want to be out in the sunshine. I can get out into the back yard with help but hubby's decided to put some work right the workmen did on the fascia and gutter at the back of the house. He was cross because he is a perfectionist and has an eye for anything that's off kilter. The guttering didn't work properly when we had a down pour a few days ago. He said the fascia is coming down because it is not secure enough. He is refixing it. It's quite a surprise as he used to do this as part of his job when he was very young. To see him up there now is weird. He avoids external work wherever possible. Trouble is this has annoyed him so much it's spurred him into action. I said call the builders back. He said no chance I want it done right.

So no I can't sit out in my special chair. However, I stood at the back door for a couple of minutes with the sun shining on my face breathing the fresh air in. Now I'm back on the recliner and hoping to have a nap.

I hate to have to admit this after all the fuss about that PT yesterday but my knee is nowhere near as bad as it normally was a few days ago after doing those stairs. I did elevate rest and ice most of the rest of the day. Maybe it was turning the TKR foot sideways took some of the pressure off. I've had no breakthrough meds so that's a really good sign. The irony of it was that the physio was so lovely at first. I'm pretty sure her target before she can discharge me to the hospital is to get me walking up and downstairs. This may be why she's been so pushy of late. My daughter said maybe she knows you can do it mom but you're too scared. I took a very deep breath and said the only thing I'm scared of is doing damage to this joint and the white hot pain I get coming down. I'm questioning myself now. I do have a fear of falling from an accident at work in my previous job. I also had a fall in a hospital with my first TKR on the second day. So there's a pretty good chance she was right about my anxiety levels when coming down. To me I was more worried about the pain that was coming through my knee. She's made me think.

Anyway, that's another one down to experience. I've lived to tell the tale. No ones died, there's nothing life threateningly dangerous, so hopefully, all this in mind, I'm beginning to improve.

@bluejuju @iivesfam5 thanks for your support too. I'll pop by your threads and see how you're getting on too x
 
eh - "let it all go" - I still don't want someone bullying you!!! I am just waiting........ and reading and learning all I can about the rights and wrongs of TKR...... xxoo maybe when your hubby gets done you can get out there and feel that sun for a few minutes!!! I hope so!!!
 
I'm pretty sure that the reason you were assigned home PT, instead of the typical UK group PT, is that you could not do stairs and other things. PT's by nature cajole folks into doing things that they "say" they cannot do.
 
Back
Top Bottom