TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Wow chick. That is awesome. A bed is nice lol. Shower was and still is hard for me.
This is what I did. Got in shower with other leg backwards and used good leg under bad leg and turned around. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hey that was your first time down!

I had "spotters" right beside me for almost a week. They realized how insecure I felt and rightly so!

Julie
sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I am so happy for you Ann just knowing that your surgery has gone well makes me very happy!! You deserve to have a great recovery! Just remember to exercise those knees I know so many people that havent recovered correctly and I think it's a lot because you have to push yourself to make your knees work right and its hard to do because it hurts!! Now that you have both of your knees finished It's time for you to begin to live the life you were meant to have!!! My knees are the Want thing I have ever done for myself!! God Bless you friend!! ((((Hug))))

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
Should have said "was the best" hehe darn phone :-)

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
A shower makes everything better - my 1st one was pure bliss - sounds like yours was also!
 
Hi @dtmbf trouble was I should have had something to sit on in there. I couldn't stand for very long. It was a major hurdle to get my operated leg over the step in to the shower but I was determined :heehee: X
 
Way to go my friend. It's 11:09 pm here and I'm awake. Leg is bothering me bad.

I am so glad that this recovery is different. The problems you have faced. Seem you have overcame to. You seem like a much stronger person. I know that by the way you talk about the pt helping. Sounds like you need send her to Ky lol.
Ours is nice but they don't go out of way for adapters.

From the first words you wrote me to know. U. Seem much happier. And willing to not give up. No matter how much u have went through. That is awesome. And your being gental. So glad things Is going good for you...

Betcha days is counting down till you are doing the fun things your knees took away from u.

Xxxx proud of you. Keep it up.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ah @Angel1978 you've analysed me perfectly. I don't think my PT would come to Ky as it's a bit far lol :heehee:

One of my motivational goals is to walk with out crutches, have a fab holiday with my grandchildren playing games on the beach, belly boarding and doing everything we used to do. The little one is desperate for me to go rollerblading around the caravan site again but I think that's out of the question :heehee:

My other goal is to try and return to work. I need to do something. One thing I've realised is that I'm not ready to stay home/retire just yet.

Well it's 4.25 am I guess I'd best try to get some shut eye xxxx night night x
 
I am so pleased for you Ann, you so deserve a smoother recovery this time around :)
 
Well I took it easy this morning, walked up and down the hall, into the kitchen and back into the living room. Tidied the living room and then went and sat on my proper chair in the kitchen. I managed 4 partial leg raises from seated and then went and did four stairs up and down independently x although hubby was lurking nearby x

I got away with yesterday's overdoing it by resting, elevating and icing x x x

I'm icing and elevating, family is all here xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Way to go Nana. See patience. Lol is Something I don't have. I wanted it to be all over with like know. Mom said I was expecting a miracle cure.

Darn she www right. I was not expecting roller coaster. But in the end it all will be wort it.

I am so glad to read your doing the steps. Even if it's a few at at time. And thrill me to read you Tidied up living room. Just the small things we do is big to us when we're immobile.

Lots of love and hugs. Keep up the good work. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
That's a lovely dream @bluejuju, I love those dreams that make you feel like you used to...pain free and excited x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann, don't give up. I skied after my tars. You might even rollerblade, but at least you can walk around with your grandkids. You are on your way to recovery.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
It is great to hear you getting better. I just feel for you, those developments that are tiny but so, so important. Don't discount rollerblading. I am 5 months post op and if that was something I wanted to do, I would be ready to try it very gently at first. I know we are all different. I am starting to do things that use my hip without thinking about it. I never thought I would get to this. You must be at that time when you amaze yourself with things like walking straight or standing for a few moments. I remember seeing my reflection in a glass door and being really impressed with my reflection walking straight!

In reading your post it made me think about our "care givers" it must be hard to be doing almost everything for us and then, post op to be involved but not as fully and then not at all. The bonus for me and hubby is the walks we have been on in beautiful countryside and a holiday where I did not need a wheelchair at the airport and could be a regular tourist !! The future awaits you x
 
Back
Top Bottom