TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I use the "toddler" step method, but my good knee is my TKR knee. Maybe someday I'll walk up steps normally. Good to hear your therapy session was successful. Keep me posted on how the second one goes, it's in my future.
 
Hi ann. Just been reading your thread. You sound like night and day from the first time around. Plus your attitude is great
So proud of you. You're making great strides ( no pun intended)
❤️❤️Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Baby steps is all I can do lol. Otherwise I would fall. I know some times I forget to step up correct way.

I am glad that your doing well. Get some rest. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
The PT has shown me a strange yet effective way of exercising with crutches. It was kind of hard to get at first but I got it in the end. It's hard to explain but you kind of end up walking like a robot, using alternate legs and sticks together. It helped me weight bear more on to the operated knee more evenly.

@susanne you are right. This recovery is completely different. My family are shocked but so pleased at my lets get this done attitude. I'm definitely better in myself. My daughter and granddaughter came tonight. They asked if I had anything wig wise for 1960's day at school tomorrow. I couldn't get upstairs but in the end they found a long black wig. I said to my granddaughter go get nana the big sharp scissors out the knife block please. She put the wig on and I cut it into a graduated bob. Very short at the back and tapered down to chin level. I cut a blunt fringe. Et voila Nana was the hero of the hour!!!

I know that was off topic but I wanted to highlight to you this wonderful can do attitude I have at the moment. My daughter was so happy and as for my granddaughter, well she was ecstatic. Esp at having a full fringe which she wants for real but her mom and dad say no.

I'm glad I've had the other one done. The bone on bone pain has gone. Yes sometimes the surgical pain gets me but I have it all under control. Ice and elevation, yaay we are on the mend xxx

Night again. These catnaps are brilliant x x x x
 
Good to hear you're enjoying life! Being productive, spending time with those you love can make all the difference! Hope it's another great day!
 
Thanks @KarriB

Yes I'm having another good day although a bit sore from PT yesterday. At the moment I'm icing and elevating. My second eldest grandson has just turned up. He is 18 nearly 19. He's just gone out the back and come in asking if I'd like him to mow the lawn. He said it's a shame to see the grass so long. I'm super pleased. I said I'll give him some pocket money x x x I'll double it if he does the front!

I'm finding it hard to stay put icing and elevating as I want to watch the grass being cut.

The new handrail was fitted today (this morning) on the stairs. My daughter has tried it out and said it's fabulous.

Catch you later
Love Ann x x x
 
My nephew mows the lawn for me weekly now. My front lawn is on a hill and is difficult, not for him though, he's 20. I thought I would go back to mowing it after my TKR, but that hasn't happened.
 
Ann, you sound like a new woman! It is a joy to read your positive posts, I'm so pleased for you, you sound so happy. I am thrilled with my life with two new knees, I am so active now, I just know you will get to this stage soon, and will be able to lead a completely normal life again, it's wonderful xxx
 
Just catching up on you Ann :) Everything sounds like you are doing just great this time around. I can feel you smiling in your written words and I'm very happy for you. Your PT sounds like a dream gal. I loved mine too. I have no doubt recovery would have been different if not for her kindness and understanding. Keep up the good work and that positive can do attitude. You'll be dancing before long! xox
 
So lovely to hear you talking about your recovery it sounds like you have good supportive family hugggs Sue


20/01/2015
 
My family are fantastic. I have to admit I set a few rules this time, about please don't stop me from doing stuff, unless it is very risky! I think recovering downstairs instead of being isolated upstairs has helped immensely.

I've had a can do attitude with this recovery much to my relief. My whole outlook is different, more rational I guess. All I know is I want to get better and back to some sort of real life x x x

My house and garden look fantastic. That's given me a real boost bless em all xx my grandson put his heart and soul into doing the garden really well. Even my neighbour came out and said how lovely the gardens were looking again.

A friend of mine dropped in this afternoon. That was nice. We chatted non stop and it was so nice to have a catch up x x x She was happy to see how bright I was this time around and said so!

I have to go my eye lids are dropping. Catch you later x

Lovely to hear from you @Homeport and @gr82cu2 I will check out your threads later and catch up.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
:wowspring::yes!: I said to hubby this morning that I wanted to have a try of the new stair rail. He said ok. So I got up the first three steps and held the rail. Hubby carried my sticks. Holding on both rails I went up the first few stairs, then I urgently needed the toilet. I made it to the top. Hubby passed me my sticks and I went to the loo. I asked him to pass me a clean towel in and managed a quick shower. My biggest problem was getting the operated knee foot over the step of the shower tray but I did it.

I got dried put my nightie back on and hubby had set the bed up for me in our room. I'm lying down so comfortable. I've asked him to come back up for me within the hour to go downstairs. That will be the hardest bit to do having to lead with the new TKR.

I'm going to have a little sleep now before he calls for me xxx :egypdance::yay:
 
Well done lass its weird the way our needs can overpower our fears.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:wow: What progress you've made since I last checked in. :yes!: I am really pleased for you. A shower certainly makes you feel better! My physio taught me to use the 'robot' walking last summer as it is a more natural gait.
 
Hi @busylizzie I agree with that because it makes you put even pressure on both legs I find this exercise good for the stiffness.

I cannot believe what I've managed today. I keep thinking I'll wake up in a minute. I'm fully aware that this may not last but at least I know now it's feasible. You know the good day and bad day stuff.

The wooden handrail they fitted is fantastic xxx

How are you? Xxx

Love Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All was well until,I had to come downstairs leading with the op leg. The first two were ok but the rest were like someone was pulling my muscles and everything round the joint as I stepped down.

Lesson learnt. Build up gradually but I'm afraid the call of the shower and my proper bed were too good to miss xx

Icing and elevating in the recliner x x x
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom