THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jp9294 - so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work, and enjoy the spring like weather. As your neighbor to the north - it's been a damn long winter, and the glimpses of spring are so appreciated and needed !!!
 
Wow Jackie, you have had an incredible recovery! Mine is good but a bit slower. I think you are in much better shape going in, which is so very helpful. Enjoy the warmer weather today. I am in northern NJ and am happy to enjoy 50's!!
 
Jackie..It.Brings a smile to my face to hear each and everytime you write that you aredoing so well. So encouraging for me . I can't wait til April 30th...My last day of work is the 17th of April, I am very lucky i only work part time for the school system and I have the summer off. I dont have to be back till Sept. Im looking foward to getting back to my walking routine and not feeling that bone on bone pain......I meet with OS on 4/3 and primary care on 4/4........Thanks again for all the encouraging posts...so proud of you ;) :happydance::martini:
 
So glad you're having a great recovery! I am too and I think it must be very encouraging to those waiting for THR. I think most of us do have a good recovery, with just a few hiccups from time to time. Thanks for posting your very positive experience.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Jackie,

Good report! and glad you are experiencing the rebirth of a new hip! Go girl. I wanted to let you know that I did a yoglates class last week. Hoping to do another this week and I thought of you. I was really freaked out about getting down on the floor. My hip is of course much better but it still freaks me out doing certain things like kneeling for example. I did okay. I skipped some of the stretches and criss cross apple sauce didn't work too swollen still but overall stretching went well. I'm back to walking, cycling, ellip, for about 45 minutes now and some basic weights twice a week to build upper body and some leg strength. I'm also doing some of my PT exercises, although I have not been to the PT in awhile.. feel like a drop out ;). Too busy at work and with travel. So good to hear you are back in the swing, the weather has showed it's other side and you are getting out there again. It's amazing~ keep us posted on progress and also once you do YOGA again, would love to hear your experiences and recommendations!

diane
 
Great recovery Jackie..... A real pleasure to see you getting your life back..... That's fantastic ...... Back to work so soon.... I feel a real slug reading all your activity....keep up the good work... Chrissie xxx
 
Happy to hear you continue to do so well. I'm in Connecticut and it certainly was a beautiful day. We deserve some after the winter we've had. The thought of a pain free walk in nice weather makes me wish that April 2nd was tomorrow:) Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration for those of us in the waiting phase.
 
@Jp9294...Whats to say but WOWWWWW..you are amazing....you give me hope that I to will have a smooth recovery.....Very nervous ...but March 10th can't come fast enough.......I want to move on with my life and get outta this hole....:yes!: Wishing you all the happiness with your new life and new hip!!!!:SUNsmile:
 
So I had a little hiccup today and wanted to share. I decided to clean out and organize the Tupperware draw in my kitchen, which has been annoying me for that last few weeks. So I sat down on a low stool so I could access the draw and as soon as I got settled I felt a little "pop" in my hip. Scared the living day lights out of me for sure. I asked my daughter to help me up so I could walk it off and everything seemed okay but I was nervous. I have had some minor pain and having been resting and icing on and off all day.

@Josephine, any thoughts on the little "pop?" I see my OS on Tuesday and will definitely be asking him.
 
Hi @Jp9294, these little popping sensations and sounds are usually tendons stretching and snapping back into place, putting it simply.. the low stool and that particular position is most likely one you haven't got into before.

Quite a few members experience them, including myself I didn't hear the pop, but I felt the snap, almost like a rubber band and then some swelling and minor pain.

Of course you would feel apprehensive, but the fact that you were able to stand, bear weight and walk indicates it was more than likely a tendon.

You have done the right thing, rested and iced. :)
 
:thankyou:Thank you @Poppet! I feel better just knowing others have experienced it and there was no harm done. Think tomorrow I'll take the day off from cleaning and just relax!
 
Sweetie, @Jp9294, absolutely, no cleaning for a few days/weeks you are just over one month post surgery. I was still sleeping for a whole six weeks after my THR.. Did I give you this article? ....

The following is a link to an article which provides some approximate timeframes around the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition


Disclaimer: The information on dietary factors, foods, and beverages contained in these articles does not cover all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects, and interactions. It is not intended as medical advice for individual problems. Liability for individual actions or omissions based upon the contents of this article is expressly disclaimed. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions including the taking of supplements.
 
Jackie.. You should see my pull out tupperware drawer.. it's still a mess at 10 weeks and prob will be at 15 or 30.. I've just given up on that mess, especially with others that put things away!!! I organize, they destroy! It's just outside my circle of influence (Steven Covey's seven habits of highly successful people). ;) now after reading your post... it will continue to be a mess the rest of this year! Hope the rest does you well! Diane
 
Cant give you advise on the "Pop" but just wanted to let you know I am so happy for you in your progress so far.
Great that you see the surgeon today, I am sure he will tell you that everything is just fine! :)
All the best, Sara
 
@Jp9294 I can only imagine the scare, would have worried me as well. Please let us know what the doc says that way if one of us experiences the same thing, we will know. I feel the same way about my tupperware stuff. No matter how hard I try to keep it organized, it never stays that way for more than a couple of days at best. One of those battles we never can win. I have about given up worrying about it as well. Take care my friend!!
 
So Dr said everything is where it is supposed to be! LOL. He said my "pop" could have been scar tissue. Honestly I don't understand any of it; tendons, scar tissue, as long as it doesn't hurt I'm good. He said no low stools for a couple months and it looks like I will begin to experiment with yoga at the 4 month mark. He said people who do yoga and play golf (because of the twisting involved) usual begin back between 3 and 6 months. He also agreed with @Josephine and said I do not need to go to PT as long as I do my exercises and walk a lot, which is what I plan to do. He said, "call if you have any questions, otherwise I'll see you in a year! " Wow! Really? That's it? I guess that's a good thing. So I will continue to rest, elevate and ice as needed and plan to walk a lot when the weather gets warmer. Actually today was 64 degrees! Unfortunately winter comes back tomorrow night when the rain will turn to snow and temps will dip back to 28!!! Feeling grateful despite the weather! Take care...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom