THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jp9294 That is awesome news :) Someone once said "slow and steady wins the race" I am so glad u are doing so well Jackie :):yahoo:
 
I am so incredibly happy for you!!! Omg you are doing so awesome my friend!!! I only can hope my recovery is as good as yours!!! Namaste and keep it up.. I am watching you for moral support!!! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
This is an awesome thread. I am very happy for you and as others have stated I hope my recovery is as good as yours even though I haven't scheduled yet.

Pete
 
Hello my BS friends! Today I celebrate 10 weeks post op. My life is getting back to NORMAL. When I think back of the amount of pain I was in prior to this surgery, I really don't know how I could have waited as long as I did. I have my life back and I am embracing every new milestone I reach. I am back to 3 yoga classes a week (actually sat in lotus pose tonight). I am so grateful for the amazing recovery I have had and just want to encourage you all, no matter where you are in this journey to just stay positive. IT WILL GET BETTER!!

If you are in the worrisome pre-op side of this journey, try to relax as much as possible, because the nerves and worry are truly the WORST part. If you are in the early stages of recovery, feeling blue, exhausted, and still in pain, that all ENDS! You will wake up one day very soon and feel absolutely wonderful and completely pain free!
Best of luck my friends.
 
@Jp9294 Jackie you are amazing ...You are doing so well and I am so proud of you. I like so many others waiting for their date feel so much comfort reading posts like yours. So TYVM 2 weeks from tomorrow I can say I made it over the April Rainbow :)...... I agree with you, keeping positive is helping me get through this. Your the best :)
 
Jackie... Awesome awesome awesome.. yoga girl! I'm so happy for you Jackie! wonderful news and soooo true. best wishes for continued progress and hoping for a time that we'll both be able to say.. oh my that's right I had my hip replaced.. totally forgot! ... it happens every once in a while now ;) @Jp9294
 
Thanks @dkirk0530, Diane. There have been days that I did not think about my hip at all. That is amazing to me since it had been all I thought about for years! Quite liberating! Continued success on your recovery journey!
 
@Sue629, I could not find your thread, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck for the 30th. I will see you on the other side! You got this!
 
So pleased for you Jackie, @Jp9294 that your recovery is progressing so well - fantastic!
 
@Jp9294 Jackie, I wanted to ask you if you still have pain or soreness in your hip at 10 weeks? How are you walking? Are you still aware of your hip when you are walking around? I guess I am just wondering at what point I will start to feel really back to normal again. I am 5 weeks post op. Thanks! You are doing amazingly well. I can't wait to get back to working out.
 
@Dmcfad2, I think for me 8 weeks was when I began feeling more confident in my hip. I was able to do more with out feeling pain and the dreaded energy drain had dissipated. Up to that point all I did was go to work and then veg out on the couch. I began by walking the neighborhood and then I took some very VERY gentle yoga classes. But now at 12 weeks I am taking all the classes I took before surgery, but I know the slight adjustments and modifications I need to make to keep the hip happy. I had once wondered if I would intuitively know what I could and couldn't do, and the answer is yes! "Let pain be your guide" was a mantra I picked up (stole?) from @DrToonz 's thread. I don't do ANYTHING that causes me pain. That is actually the rule in yoga. Nothing you do should cause you pain, so it has been drilled into me for a long time.

Debbie, just hang in there. You are in the home stretch now. In a few weeks you will have days that you will not think about your hip at all! You are doing great. Continued success my friend! Hugs, Jackie
 
K
@Dmcfad2, and as far as my walking is concerned, sometimes I think my gait has changed. I need to be more conscience of the whole "put one foot in front of the other" thing, but I'm getting there. As far as soreness I would say if I press firmly on the incision area I can still feel soreness in there. I know there are layers and layers of healing going on in there. I am using Moroccan Argan Oil for the incision and it's coming along nicely too.

Enjoy your Sunday!
 
Thank you @Poppet you have helped me so often throughout this process. Feel so blessed to have found this site when I did. What a fantastic community! Love to all!
 
@Jp9294 Jackie, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it! It makes me feel better. I was feeling a little frustrated last night, and then I start wondering if I will ever get back to normal. I am so much better this morning, as is usually the case with me. I am impatient and I just need to let my body heal. I am hoping to be released to do some gentle yoga (restorative) and bike or elliptical when I go to my follow-up this coming week. I'm sure that will help me along in my recovery and improve my mental state, which seems to be the hardest thing for me. I have always considered myself a positive person; I am not used to feeling sorry for myself, and that is what I have been doing throughout my recovery. I have followed your thread. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks again for giving me your wonderful perspective.
 
@Dmcfad2, I was thinking about when I was 5 weeks post op and feeling exactly the same way you are feeling. I began noticing I was reaching new milestones after 6 weeks! Stay positive and be patient. IT WILL HAPPEN!
 
Debbie, Jackie is right, the six to seven week mark is a turning point for most of us. However, I found the biggest milestone was at twelve weeks. I had returned to work at seven weeks to a seriously stressful executive job where I couldn't show my pain. My only relief for the niggling pain was sitting on icepacks and paracetamol. However, by twelve weeks the only noticeably annoying symptom was energy drain. So I made sure that after a long full day at work, I just collapsed and did nothing.. I didn't do PT and just walked as much as my day permitted and I found that my approach worked forked for me... The weeks are passing quickly Debbie, you will get there, your body is healing. I found that my keeping my emotions strong and not 'sweating the small things' was a huge benefit for me.

You are doing fine for five weeks x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom