Guest viewing is limited

THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it easy Jackie @Jp9294 keep an eye on your temperature if you a hot and cold....just as a precaution.

Take it easy at work too
 
I have to say I would be stark raving mad if I had to stay off 10 weeks. I do work from home and did a trial run yesterday and worked 1.5 hrs with no problems so I am going back Monday if my Dr agrees tomorrow. I have a great director who has already told me if I need to rest any during the day, that would be fine so I am sure that helps my decision making.
 
@DrToonz . Hey you are in Western Washington...what do you expect! Having grown up there I can tell you I do not miss that rain. I now live in the opposite extreme of that...the desert. Hardly rains here at all. What I do miss about the NW is the green. So beautiful. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@DrToonz, Having tested your theory, I am VERY clear on what OVERDOING IT looks like for me! No further testing required. Thanks for your concern!
 
Having tested your theory, I am VERY clear on what OVERDOING IT looks like for me! No further testing required. Thanks for your concern!
This sentence, along with your smiling picture, reads with the utmost attention to the prowess of sarcasm.
 
@DrToonz I will be happy to share some of our 18 inches we have in our front lawn. "Duck" throwing a snowball at you :)....Hope things are going well. This is one Bostonian ready for Spring :flwrysmile:
 
So I went to work today and the boss came into my office and said "you are out of here by 12:00!" LOL. I Left at 1:00 and went straight home. I've been resting and elevating ever since. I feel really good and I'm beginning to notice how each day I am getting stronger and feeling less discomfort. Numbness in my thigh is also subsiding and incision is still safely tucked behind those steri strips. I'm not in a hurry to see it, makes me a bit nervous, don't know why.
 
Kudos to your nice boss and smart thinking on your part! You passed this test with flying colors! I'm thrilled for you! Go girl! Xo
 
Jp you're an animal! ;) Congratulations on your great recovery! <3
 
Well today I woke up after nearly 11 hours of sleep and felt quite rested. I am normally a night owl, but this energy drain is REAL!! I was in bed by 10:00 pm after taking 2 Tylenol so I can't blame the narcotics. I've been off them for a while now. Anyway, it was a beautiful, sunny, day here in NY (50 degrees) so a friend and I drove to the beach. There is something about the beach in winter that reminds us why we live in this God Foresaken place! Did the most walking I have done to date and so happy that horrible pain is GONE!! Feeling stronger everyday and beginning to really miss my yoga. Think I will look on YouTube for some chair yoga videos. Going to start slowly on the recumbent bike this week also. My hip feels good, just some twingy stuff now and then and I can't sleep on that side yet, but nothing to complain about at all. As @DrToonz says "I remain POSITIVE"!!
 
Wonderful recovery and I'm inspired by your smooth recovery. Can you put your socks on yet?
 
@jebrig3164, sometimes I can get a sock on without too much exertion and other times I just ask one of my kids to just put it on for me. LOL. How are you doing?
 
I'm getting around pretty good, still using a walker because my left hip is just as bad as the one I had replaced. No pain I'm walking a whole lot better I am hoping to be able to use a cane by next month. My other hip is due to be replaced in April 30th. I'm grateful and so thankful . I'm walking further and getting stronger and haven't even tried to put my socks on yet... It will be a month this Thursday and I have no restrictions because I have the anterior approach.
 
Amazed by your smooth and quick recovery, keep getting better. Do you still walk with a cane/walker?
 
@whofwhof, I walk without my cane when I'm indoors, but use it when I leave the house as it is still quite snowy here in NY and I just feel more secure with it.

@jebrig3164, sounds like your recovery is going quite smoothly as well. That is awesome. I'm sure April 30th can't come quick enough for you! Then you will be living a pain free life! Best of luck to you. Slow and steady my friend.
 
My other hip is due to be replaced in April 30th.
Somehow I forgot that you were getting both done. Cool!
I do remember now you talking about your surgeon saying that he'd prefer to do them separately. I'm really glad that you're on track and having a good (as can be expected) experience and your attitude is good and optimism intact. I imagine that if a person had a bad experience (it happens) with the first it would be a daunting decision to go back in relatively soon for the other.
Keep us posted!
April will be here before you know it.
 
Too much rain!
It's funny, but a lot of us who have lived our lives with it are so used to it that we crave it. I have friends who have moved from here to sunny climes (San Diego, Phoenix) who constantly pine for our gray, rainy fall/winter/spring seasons.
Your location says Northwest. Are you a wetlander or are you from East of the Cascades?
 
Sorry I can't answer those questions, because I don't understand what we're those terms stand for? Wetland? East of cascades ..... Mmm...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom