Guest viewing is limited

THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in... Today was a lazy day. Definitely feeling fatigued, but got up and walked around a bit and did some exercises, then iced and rested. I can see how the stamina thing is what will be slow going. Just letting my body direct me at this point. If I feel tired, I dial it back a notch. If I feel good, I get up and do a little more. Most important - No Pain....One day at a time....:sleep:
 
Great job! I will look up to you as I recover as well! You should be so proud if yourself!
 
How you doing Jackie? Hope you are well! Resting and kicking (not yet ;) back. Happy new hip
Saturday!
 
I am good. Definitely going to be a while til the energy levels come up, but overall I'm doing well. Tender but no pain. How are you doing @dkirk0530??
 
You are doing fantastically @Jp9294 - letting your body dictate your recovery timeframe... :)
 
Jackie, doing real well tx! i guess its a good thing when neck pain is worse than hip recovery pain!! and the neck is only uncomfortable from a whacky nights sleep! so all's well. I'm heading to gym this a.m to do some weights, exercises PT gave to me and walking a mile or so. I say or so because I'm going slow in my pace and trying not to overdo. If I feel any weird twinges I stop. Today I might try to go a little farther if I do not feel any weirdness. I'm just being cautious, don't want any muscle injuries or tendonitis from over doing. I have no restrictions which is awesome. Life is returning to normal after 7 weeks. I have soreness to the touch in my thigh and am not comfortable laying on my op side yet but sleep is wonderful as I was in so much pain prior, it was awful. Other than that no groin pain! I have been back at work since 3.5 weeks.. and am now working normal hours, have only missed two hours for an appt. What is weird is feeling so much better now than I did prior to surgery and I'm now recovering.. it's hard to wrap my head around that when people ask me how I'm doing.. it's weird saying well, I'm better than I was prior to surgery yet now Im on FMLA intermittent leave for rehab/PT. I have not been to PT in a week though, need to make a follow up appt. Since I'm going to the gym and doing more though, she's going to have to switch it up and give me more to do which I'm sure she will gladly! my ROM on my hip is pretty good. sliding leg in bent position towards kneed on bed is pretty close to other leg at this point, just tight feeling in thigh. no limp which is great too.

I admire you doing so much to prepare and know that will help you a lot. I would like to know when you go back to YOGA as well so will be watching you recover, slow and steady! Have a great day and good week.. by week three that's where I really saw the turn and energy shift but even now I need a good 8 to 10 to feel good when I over do! Diane
 
Diane that is great! Sounds like you are doing amazing. I wish I didn't live in the Tundra so I could do a little walking outside, but there is far too much ice and snow out there for that. I am hoping to return to work in my third week, maybe a few hours to start, but will reevaluate at that time. I am not pushing it either. I want no setbacks, only forward progression. Slow and steady
 
Yep Jackie, living in the south is an advantage, at least at this time of year! I am doing walking videos too in case you get to a point where you need something, that might help, in a few weeks. I started this around week 5 I think? but had no restrictions. I do so in doors at lunch during day at work. I'm making me a priority now. I have an alarm (fit bit force) that goes off and reminds me to move! Even if I'm in meetings I get up and do ROM exercises. Guy at gym suggested I get a large exercise ball to sit on too.. and then I might ask for my employer to get a standing key board. Tired of sitting on my tail! Keep us posted! I'm very happy for you! Sounds like you are off to an amazing start!
 
@Jp9294 You are doing so great! Your yoga is really paying off. There is another gal on Bonesmart, can't recall the name, but she posted a pic doing yoga sit position at about 5 or 6 months. You are well on your way to doing the same. Really? Going back to work at week 3? I have done well, but my incision is nowhere near where I want it before back to working and stress. My incision is healing well, but is tender. I have a large bruise and some swelling. Trying to keep that all in check with icing and elevating. Walking well. And I'm sleeping well.
I posted my recovery thread just today. Keep us posted!! You will inspire many to get this done!!
 
One week after surgery and my only complaint is some stiffness and tenderness (oh and of course the havoc those pain meds are wreaking on my digestive track). Thought I could cut back on the meds and realized,"oh no, not so fast!" So I have ramped up my fiber intake and pray things get moving soon (sorry TMI)! LOL :heehee:

Aside from that, I feel like I am doing well. Incision is still under those strips, which I was told to just let fall off, so I haven't seen it yet. The area is still pretty numb and I wonder if it will stay numb. My C Section scar is still numb after 22 years, so maybe. A small price to pay to be out of pain in my opinion! When I do my PT exercises I am amazed that before surgery I would not have been able to do any of them without pain. That gives me hope that one day I will be back to living a normal active life. I get a little impatient now and then and just want it NOW, but I have to remind myself it's only been ONE WEEK since surgery.

Time to move around a bit...enjoy your day!
 
Hi Jackie, magnesium supplements might do the trick! I personally take 4-5 tablets of magnesium (250mg each) before bed each evening and I wake up each morning "raring to go"!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom