Guest viewing is limited

THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jp9294 congratulations & welcome!! Sounds like you're off to a great start! I like your positive attitude and how prepared you've been for this day. Of course, deal with the pain and meds as needed, however, I like your thoughts of just going w the cocktail. I was fortunate to only need Tylenol after surgery and it was nice not have to worry about the weaning off drugs, the emotional side effects I know I'm sensitive to w drugs, and the dreams that Tramadol can effect. I look forward to following your posts! Tip: old-fahioned ice bag (lasts longer) & heating pad (for back) were my best friends. God bless you!
 
@Jp9294 ...Jackie I am so glad that today went well and that you feel as good as you do!!:yay: Hope tomorrow and each day after that brings continued improvement. Hope you sleep well tonight and looking forward to your posts as you move through your recovery!!

Donna
 
Hey jackie @Jp9294 welcome to the other side!!!

You are doing so well. I had trouble with my low blood pressure which put me a day back from walking as I nearly fell the first time I stood up. Ended up on oxygen...but the high dose of pain killers want helping either .

Maybe laying off the oxy (not sure what the australian equivalent is) may help a bit

Hoping you get some rest xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo glad all is going well....looking forward to more great postings....love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Jackie...so glad everything went well. ;)...I know everyone on BS is different in their recovery, but when i hear your words it just reassures me I can so do this and will on April 30th. Look forward to following your journey toward recovery. All my best...Sue :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you Sue. I do believe it is the most important thing to stay positive and not to stress and worry about things until you actually have something to worry or stress over. It is the way I live my life. Best of luck to you and I look forward to following your journey. Jackie
 
So just had my PT session and took two laps around the floor and walked up and down a Flight of stairs and I am cleared to go home!! Cannot believe it. So happy. Doctor said the only thing they can offer me here is a lousy night sleep. ( which is very true). Great experience so far!!!
 
@Jp9294 Words to live by no matter what life deals you...:"I do believe it is the most important thing to stay positive and not to stress and worry about things until you actually have something to worry or stress over." Will have to read those words when im feeling anxious about the surgery :) :flwrysmile:
 
@Jp9294 Yeah what wonderful news :yay: So encouraging for all of us who have yet to cross over...So happy for you :) take care!!!
 
@Jp9294 You are rockin' this recovery thing!
:yay: Big claps for you.....
So happy you get to go home today. That will be wonderful. Home sweet home.
 
@Jp9294 ...Jackie you have got this recovery thing girl!! :egypdance: I am so glad that you are doing so well and get to go home. Since you and I are the same age this really helps me. Hoping I am as lucky!! Looking forward to your continued posts as you improve!! Way to go!!

Donna
 
your my hero..!!! Positive vibes is the way to go…I agree with you… so believe that heals…keep your head in that great place:)
 
So I get all my instructions for going home along with all my prescriptions. I put them in the nice blue folder they give you, get in my wheelchair and head to the car. When we get off my exit I instruct my son to go straight to the pharmacy to get meds. I look in my bag for the nice blue folder and it's NOT in the bag. Now I have something to stress and worry about. LOL. I call the hospital and now they are calling in my meds except for the Oxy since that can't be ordered over the phone. Is this a sign I should not be taking Oxy or what? I am at home resting in bed and really have no pain at all. What I do feel is just some tenderness in the thigh area. Truly amazing! So nice to be in my own bed. Thank you everyone for your continued support.
 
@Jp9294...What a wonderful recovery story..Just amazing.:yay: I am so nervous to have this surgery and I never thought of myself as a big baby:boohoo:lol.... Love to hear more for It calms my nerves:kittykiss: with such a positive recovey like yours...be well..keep us posted.:SUNsmile:
 
Wow @Jp9294 home already!!!! Well done.

Keep up the BS mantra and by the way I love your 'own' little mantra to live by!!!!

Sorry you lost the folder....hope it turns up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom