Guest viewing is limited

THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck and we will see you on the other side!
Cheers Heinz
 
:egypdance:Okay, time for my first post op report. It is around 5:00 PM on day of surgery and I just got into my room. I am feeling no pain. I am on Tylenol, and tromydol (sure I spelled that incorrectly) and a steroid. Those three I get every 4 hours automatically. I am able to ASK for Oxy every 3 hours, so I set my alarm on my phone and ask for it every time. I was in recovery for some extra time as my blood pressure, which is usually low (117/70) dropped to 50/30! Definitely got some extra attention for that little episode, but they gave me meds in my IV and put a patch on me and it passed within 15 minutes and I was fine. PT came in around 1:00 and I was able to sit up, stand up, and take 9 steps with a walker with my weight being distributed almost evenly on both legs! I am pleasantly surprised and elated to feel this good, even though it was brought to me by my drugs! Everyone at Hospital For Special Surgery has been wonderful. Enough for now, it's time for a nap. thanks to everyone for the prayers and thoughts!
 
you sound so good.. I am so happy for you!!!! Keep up the great work and keep us updated,,, you will be back at yoga in no time at all:))))
 
I had low blood pressure too I think more like 90/50 - but no symptoms - they gave me a bunch of fluids and everything was fine. Sounds like you are doing very well!
 
Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.. welcome to the other side. You are off to a tremendous start! Positive attitude and approach as well as some good drugs on a timely basis.. haha.. Get ready for the rest of your life Jackie! @Jp9294 Keep us posted!
 
Just woke up and looked at the clock. It said 9:41 and I truly had no idea what day it was. For a moment I thought is was 9:41 AM on the day of my surgery and sat up in panic thinking I missed my chech in time! I then realized it was 10:41 PM THE DAY OF MY SURGERY! No pain, I feel good. Just took my cocktail of Tylenol, aspirin as blood thinner, tromydol and stool softener. I passed on the Oxy. Going to stretch that one out for few minutes just to see if I begin to feel any pain at all. My dr had explained before surgery that most of his patients don't require anything more than the cocktail. This is a test and only a test. Will keep you posted....
 
Just woke up and looked at the clock. It said 9:41 and I truly had no idea what day it was. For a moment I thought is was 9:41 AM on the day of my surgery and sat up in panic thinking I missed my chech in time! I then realized it was 10:41 PM THE DAY OF MY SURGERY! No pain, I feel good. Just took my cocktail of Tylenol, aspirin as blood thinner, tromydol and stool softener. I passed on the Oxy. Going to stretch that one out for few minutes just to see if I begin to feel any pain at all. My dr had explained before surgery that most of his patients don't require anything more than the cocktail. This is a test and only a test. Will keep you posted....
OMG, I can't believe you just had the surgery this morning and you are feeling so good! Did they do spinal or GA? I just found out today that I am going to be given Coumadin, also have a chance at getting hips done on the 21st of Feb. vs. March 7th, have to give them an answer by tomorrow......So happy for you, hope everything continues going so wonderful!
 
@put2pasture, I has a spinal. I can't believe my first day is going so well either. We shall see how I feel tomorrow with 3 PT appts. scheduled. Staying positive as it seems to be working so far!!!
 
@Jp9294 so glad to hear you have no pain and that all is going well. Hope you sleep good through the night.
 
Hi Jackie! I've been off the forum for awhile, but I still love to read the new threads. Sounds like everthing is going well! Hope it continues to all be uphill. I'm going back to teaching my yoga classes this week. I still am restricted on forward bends & deep squats til my 6 month mark. But that's fine, I am amazed at how much I am already doing at the almost 12 week mark. Congrats on your new life!:yay:
 
@zumzumpammy, I feel like I prepared my body the best I could for this journey by doing as much yoga as possible before surgery. I feel strong; abs, quads, arms etc.. My goal is to be back on my mat (or beginning with chair yoga) as soon as I feel up to it. I look forward to reading about your journey. But that will have to wait til tmro as I'm going to rest now :boohoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom