THR My trip down recovery lane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept like a baby last night. So great to be home in my own bed. With the mishap on my prescriptions I did get behind the pain a bit, but back on track now. I have to say I never could imagine I would have so little pain after this operation. It is amazing that the bone on bone pain is gone and aside from some tenderness I feel really great. Of course I have some discomfort doing my exercises and some swelling afterwards, but totally manageable. We shall see how I feel when the PT comes to my house. Will keep you posted..
 
Slept very well again. I am taking tramadol and Tylenol during day for pain and Oxy at night so I sleep. I get up and walk a few steps with a cane every hour and then rest and ice. Today I took a shower with the assistance of my daughter and it felt so good. I get a little more confident every day. Visiting nurse and PT coming today for first time. We shall see how I feel after that. But overall I feel great!
 
Yes @MsFit1 only a cane! My PT at hospital told me I didn't need the walker. Today my PT came to my house and asked me to go through the exercises. He asked if I exercised before the surgery and I told him I did yoga regularly. He was amazed at how well I was doing. He said I would only need one more visit from him and as long as I did my exercises daily I should be good to go. I feel strong but tired so I am resting, exercising, icing, and sleeping. Pain is negligible.
 
I am so happy for you Jackie! No doubt being fit and doing yoga before your surgery was an excellent idea! You've inspired me to go do a session of Wii Fit yoga right now!
 
I feel so blessed to be having this kind of recovery experience. I really didn't imagine it would go this smoothly. Because I had no control over my joint disease I decided to take control of what I could, which was choosing the right doctor, the right approach (for me that was anterior) to make sure my body was the strongest It could be at the time of surgery and to stay focused on a positive outcome. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me before I am 100 percent, but that awful pain is gone! Wishing all my BS friends, whether you are waiting for surgery or recovering from surgery, the easiest walk down recovery lane! Stay positive....
 
Thankyou so very much Jackie!!! I reckon you have had a sensational recovery and I aim to emulate you in that way!!! I so hope you continue to improve in leaps and bounds x
 
Jackie....So happy things are going so well for you with your recovery :).....Amazing :flwrysmile:
 
Your posts read like a text book case of recovery @Jp9294 - I am so thrilled for you !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom