THR My thigh muscle is too weak

Oh my! Level 5 in pain, then stop??
So relieved to hear you aren’t going for that, especially when that pain scale is completely subjective to each individual!
You win a gold star! :loveshwr:
 
Oh my! Level 5 in pain, then stop??
So relieved to hear you aren’t going for that, especially when that pain scale is completely subjective to each individual!
You win a gold star! :loveshwr:
Yes, that really sounded excessive to me. That's quite a bit of pain. I am not for the "no pain no gain" theory. I understand feeling the stretches, etc but to be in pain seems overboard. :)
 
Btw, my visiting nurse reminds me to take pain before PT comes( same agency). Lol, I know better.

No way am I risking more pain. I want to know when to stop.
 
@VSlowLife I wouldn't mind PT so much if I didn't have to get out and go there. It's COLD here in Michigan and I hate the cold. I do understand what you are saying about the pain meds. I agree, you need to know when enough is enough.
 
Go until level 5. :nah:
Absolutely not!
Has she had her hip replaced!???
No way, I will do like you, when I feel it, I will stop. I'm afraid that this let it hurt thing will only set me back
Good for you. Plenty of time for strengthening and toning at an incremental rate.
 
Go until level 5. :nah:
Absolutely not!
Has she had her hip replaced!???
No way, I will do like you, when I feel it, I will stop. I'm afraid that this let it hurt thing will only set me back
Good for you. Plenty of time for strengthening and toning at an incremental rate.
No, she's quite young and probably athletic(very thin). She's very nice, but I doubt she's had any major medical problem.
 
I'm sure she is nice...but even young thin athletic types don't need to endure pain levels of 5 created by overzealous PT.
Listening to our bodies...walking and taking things slow and steady really does win this race.
Hope you have a peaceful evening!:friends:
 
I'm sure she is nice...but even young thin athletic types don't need to endure pain levels of 5 created by overzealous PT.
Listening to our bodies...walking and taking things slow and steady really does win this race.
Hope you have a peaceful evening!:friends:
Thank you. I am having a very peaceful evening. I am also thankful for the Diflucan as now I am sleeping peacefully also. I have been doing some easy stretch exercises in bed now. I hope it helps strengthen my muscles. I am walking more and on laundry days I do a lot of stair-steps. :)
 
I am not for the "no pain no gain" theory.

Wise woman you are :yes: Stick with that thought and it should benefit you in your recovery. It's good to read you're feeling peaceful and you're sleeping better. Rest up for the excitement of your daughters upcoming wedding so you can do some hippy hippy shake on the dance floor....well maybe.:wink:
A great rest of the week to you!
 
Thank you. Yes, I am resting as much as I can. I have basically resumed my pre-surgery life of cleaning and cooking, etc. The wedding is small so no dancing. :) I should be less stressed when it's over. I am looking forward to spring and walks and bike rides. I'm not totally pain-free, but not bad at all.
 
I'm wondering how you sleep. I had my THR on Feb. 6. I sleep in a recliner and being a side sleeper, the chair is not pleasant especially since the surgery fog is wearing off.
I hope you continue to do well. We are all in this together. Happy Healing! :wave: :thumb::prayer:
 
....
the chair is not pleasant especially since the surgery fog is wearing off.

I found lining the recliner with a comforter made it feel a bit softer. You may want to try to lay your cheek on a folded towel, the side you lay on, when you are on your side.
 
@kymamaw, Hello and happy healing to you also. I am a side sleeper also. I did find a pillow between my knees did help but it seems my biggest problem was the inflammation. My surgery was anterior. I also sometimes sleep on my stomach with my feet hanging off the bottom of the bed. I never did sleep in the recliner, but there were many nights I didn't sleep well. :( I made sure I took my meds as prescribed for the first weeks (maybe month?). Icing was important and I even did that when going to sleep. I hope you find a comfortable way to sleep soon. Oh, another thing that helped was to put a king-size pillow under my thighs and sleep on my back. I'm not a back sleeper, but it did help in getting me to sleep. Better days are coming.
 
Hello again Grammy57. I'm still sleeping in the recliner. :bored:Still icing, still taking meds although not all that were prescribed as often. Physical therapist has been coming to my home. I am finding that my knees are waking up and realizing that they are just as bad now as they were before the new hip. It's always something.
Friday is my first follow up with OS.
I hope you are doing well. It's time for an ice pack and nap here. Take care, and thanks for the comfort tips.:thankyou:
 
Hello everyone. My daughter got married last Thursday and now life has calmed down a bit. My almost 17 yr old grandson is with us while she's on her honeymoon, but he's no trouble at all. I wore a low heeled shoe for the wedding and my hip has been bothering me since. It feels like it's tha actual hip bone itself. Sometimes it hurts on the outer edge and sometimes on the lower edge on the front. I also took a very short walk in the woods on Friday and I'm sure that did not help. I am still on the Diflucan but surprised my hip is bothering me so much. I took tylenol but that didn't seem to help so I gave up on any pain pills. I guess it's back to icing. I hope all of you are doing well. We are enjoying a couple of warm February days before our next snow storm. :)
 
:wave:Hello again Grammy57, I know how you feel about the wedding excitement being behind you. Time to relax and feel better.
I'm in my 18th day after surgery, I am experiencing exactly the same feelings you describe.
I hope your icing will help, and you probably need some good rest.
It's continuous rain and gloom here, just making the best of it. Been watching college basketball fairly often.
Take care. :thumb:
 
@kymamaw, I did lie down and ice. It did help. I just forget that this is a healing process, not an instant fix. I hope you are doing well. You are not too far out from surgery. I know I was really tired at that point. I did try a trip to the grocery about then, but it was a bit more than I should have tried even with the walker with the seat (which I used). I see you are in Kentucky. I'm sure it's warmer there than here. We are in the thumb area of Michigan. Our weather has mostly been warmer than usual. We got cold really early in the fall but it is warmer than normal now. In fact, the maple sap is flowing and my friends' syrup gathering has begun. I don't think I will be up to helping with the gathering this year, but... maybe next year. Take care of yourself.
 
:hi: @Grammy57
Congrats on the new member to the family. I'll bet the ceremony was lovely and heartwarming. I'm sorry to hear wearing the heels and the walk in the woods proved to be too much, thankfully you're on the mend and feeling better already. Enjoy your time with your grandson and stay warm as the temps dive once again and the snow arrives. Spring is on it's way, believe it or not. :wink:

:flwrysmile: :SUNsmile: :walking:<- it all coming soon! :yes:
 
@Layla, I'm not sure the low heels and walk were what started up the pain again, I just assumed it was that since those were the things that were different. I rested and iced yesterday and it seems to have helped. I now have to re-schedule my 3rd check-up as they just called and said it was canceled for unforeseen circumstances. Ugh.
 
I think you're most likely spot on in your assumption. The heels throw off your balance and possibly walking on uneven terrain in the woods only exacerbated it. It's good the icing and rest helped and you're feeling better.
Sorry about the appt. I'd probably feel a bit frustrated also. :tantrum2:
Take care and enjoy the day!
@Grammy57
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom