Bilateral TKR My story so far

No. Marching would not be good. :(


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Marching stops all the racket for me as well, sure feel silly marching though. I wouldn't call mine clunks, more like a couple soft grinds with a click.
 
I use to walk about half a mile daily, since this started, I can't go more than 1/4 mile with the constant clunking before the knee swells and I can't stand the pain the clunking causes.
 
For me, it is a gait issue, and we worked on it in PT today.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
:happydance:@Hitech I am so happy to have found your thread and read your recovery. I am scheduled for one month from today!!! I cannot wait to be on the other side and I have "decided" I am going to recover just like you :yay:

I love all the positive stories and I am pretty strong and I have a month to get even stronger!!!! Let's do it!! :dancy:
 
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. When I walk I am sure everyone can hear me coming but, I have asked and they do not hear it at all so it's whats transmitted through the bones to my ear that I hear plus I can feel it but it is just a minor annoyance.
 
Unfortunately I not only hear it, but feel it jarring up my leg. It has progressed to the point the left side of the knee hurts with steps now.
 
Another month has passed and all is well.
 
I meant that nothing has changed, I am not complaining about anything :)
 
Another month has passed and I am one month short of two years I have no issues and my new knees are likely about as normal as they are likely to get. The best description is only that they are "different" that my natural knees when they were still good. The best thing is that they are both the same.
 
Well, here I am at my two year anniversary. Not that much different than my 1 year. I still click on both knees (The LT a little more noticeable than the RT. The "tight band" feeling is almost all gone the scars are becoming small white lines. and I still avoid kneeling on hard surfaces.
 
Hitech,

I'm glad you came back also. I've been lurking in this forum for a while, and have only just joined. Like you I'm an engineer, and although I may have delayed my need for a TKR I'm sure I'll be having the procedure before my 60's are out. I've been following all your posts with great interest.

So as I approach life's clear air turbulence it's great to have another guy like you flying on ahead. Please keep up the periodic reports. It's not just members who see them.


cheers - buster
 
Another Month has slipped by and all is well. I'm doing a lot of climbing around on engines and stands and no issues.
 
Another Month has slipped by and all is well. I'm doing a lot of climbing around on engines and stands and no issues.
That is great news!! We certainly appreciate you checking in and letting us know how you are doing---the newer forum members need to see the normalcy that you have in your life now.
 
No, still the same, I have gotten used to it, it is most noticeable in the AM and subsides as I get active.

Doug
 
Back
Top Bottom