Bilateral TKR My story so far

My right knee is four years old and it still clicks. I don't think it will ever stop. It doesn't hurt, so I ignore it.
 
Another month has passed and all is well.
 
@Hitech, I'm so inspired by your recovery and your commitment to keep updating your progress month after month! Your comments are inspiring to those of us still in the process. I'm determined to simulate it or at least try to come as close as possible.

Did you have the Standard TKR or did you have the minimally invasive version?

I see this question was asked before, but I didn't see an reply.

All the best to you!
 
MerciQ:

I had the Exactech Optetrak knee on both sides, The "opening" of the knee was on the "small side"of typical. My scars are about 5" long and dead straight.
 
Congratulations on reaching all those milestones!

My recovery is rocking along and I can't wait to get to the six-month mark. I'm just six weeks out from a TKR and 4 months from a PKR. With both knees, I reached flexion of 120 by four weeks and living life pretty normally by six weeks. It's great to see others who have been problem free. I'm still early in my recovery and don't want to jinx myself, but I think the dark days are behind me. Each week I see improvements.

The best part is that the horrible 24/7 arthritis pain is GONE. Any knee pain I have now is temporary and will fade with time. What a relief it is to have said goodbye to that awful, constant pain and swelling.
 
Another Month and all is well. The only issue I had this month was caused by going to the beach and carrying a
Kayak through the soft sand. My knees really protested the next couple of days. :)
 
Another month has passed and all is well
 
This is getting redundant but, another month and all is well. I accidentally kneeled on both knees on a hard surface and it almost felt like "old times" :)
 
Redundant is what we all want, all is well throughout recovery.
 
Another month has passed and I almost forgot to post.
 
It's a good thing that you forgot. It means you are getting on with your normal life. :yes!:
 
Missed it by 4 days this time :), another month (and 4 days) and all is well.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom