Bilateral TKR My story so far

[Bonesmart.org] My story so far
there, @Hitech! Really nice knees---neat, tidy, fading scars. What more could you ask for?
 
Lookin' good.
 
  • Creative
Reactions: CAB
Well, 5 months today and all is well. The LT knee is still a bit noisy now joined by the RT knee. I guess as the swelling has subsided the support it was providing has gone away as well. I have almost learned to ignore it :)
 
That's a great report!!! The noises you hear may still lessen with some time. Or....you'll just get used to them like you're doing. At any rate, the important thing is how well your knees work and it sounds like they are just fine.
 
Well, I just passed the 6 month point and am still doing great. I can now get up off the ground and from any chair with no effort. still just a slight bit of stiffness for the first couple of steps. The feeling has returned to the skin around the incision.
 
Great report, Hitech!!! It's wonderful to hear you're doing so well.
 
Up to 7 months and all is well. Not much has changed. both knees are now about equally "noisy" ( a light "clunk" on foot lift while walking (especially early in the day) I can do just about everything without thinking about it.
 
8 Months today and all is well, I am getting used to the sounds and new "feel". Both knees have recovered identically. My ROM has improved slightly since last month (up to about 135 on both sides). I am posting because I think the patients with good recoveries are under reported on this Forum :)
 
Now up to nine months today and all is well. Not much has changed in the last month.
 
It's wonderful to read this. I'm exactly seven weeks out, ROM 138 and 135, walking, cleaning, baking, driving, taking care of the dogs, etc. I'm still on Tramadol at night though.

I keep waiting for "the other shoe to drop" at any time. It's so nice to know that doesn't have to happen. :SUNsmile:

Maybe 68 is the magic age.
 
Great report, Hitech.....we love hearing these success stories!!!
 
Thanks for the reply's . The only thing I currently avoid and will continue to avoid is jumping down off engines I am inspecting. I don't think the knees are capable of those forces and I want them to last, However climbing and going up and down ladders is no problem. I have been off pain med's since week 3. It is great to be able to do all that, it has been quite a few years since I could do that.
 
Well, up to 10 months today and all is well. The last vestiges of the tight feeling are slowly fading away. The clicking when walking is just about even in both knees with the LT just slightly more noticeably. I haven't measured my ROM but I think it is near 140 as I can rise from a chair with no problem and can get up and down off the ground with little effort, all and all a great outcome.
 
Going into month 11 today and all is well, the scars are becoming a memory, still click on both sides and just the slightest tight feeling across the knee both sides are nearly identical in every respect.
 
Great report, Hitech.....so glad to hear the good news.
 
Going into the 12 month today. I can tell you that progress at this point is very slow, still no problems but the tight feeling is still there if I sit for a while and as I have mentioned both knees are a bit noisy but no pain what so ever. My scars have faded to small white lines. I suspect it will take another 5-6 months to see any further changes. I am very happy with the result and as others have said I have my life back.
 
Whoo hooo!!! Good for you! You're right that "progress" does slow down as time passes. But having functioning knees is certainly something to be happy about. You may find that tightness disappears with additional time. Don't give up on it.
 
Back
Top Bottom