THR My recovery journey<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, Arlene, you have all of your family here on bonesmart and we are ALWAYS here for you! I lost both my parents at about the same time you did and I miss them so very much...I know exactly how you feel. I saw them every single day and my dad was my very best friend. We were fishing buddies and both of us were such jokesters, so we laughed all the time. I'm so happy you've got the support of your DH (darling husband), as do I. We are blessed because so many out there don't have anyone to help support them through this very emotional time. Hang in there, this too shall pass. BIG HUGS sent to you!!!! :friends:
 
Well first thing this am, the lab called saying they have to redraw my stinkin blood. Erggg :censored::gaah: atleast it's sunny out today.
 
@Cynthia777 thank you for those kind words. I bet you have some wonderful fishing memories. Fishing is so relaxing. There is something about being outdoors, on or near water and the peacefulness. It's nice that you saw them frequently.

I talked to Mom a few times a week. They lived in Indiana where I grew up. I will share something with you. Right after my Mom passed I mentioned to my husband that I felt my joy was gone. Later that week I received a devotional from Charles Stanley with my Moms name on it with our address. (Coincidence ... no). But on the front was a picture of a sunflower (her favorite) with the title of How To Get Your Joy Back. I know that was a God thing. I still receive this monthly devotional with her name on it with our address.

Well gotta go be a pin cushion again!!!
Have a good day
 
Omg! I love Charles Stanley (so wise)! How amazing that you would get that in the mail and with your mom's favorite flower...coincidence? No, Godincidence! :)

I pray the redraw of your blood goes much easier this time!
 
@Arlene56 I feel your pain with the blood draws! I have really small veins so it's always an ordeal. When I had my pre-op they had to call in another person to help and then use that butterfly thingy on me. Before my surgery it took about 25 min to get the IV in. They tried it on both hands multiple times. I was crying by about halfway through it. I felt like a total baby but I hate needles!! :boohoo:

This advice might be too late, but try drinking lots of water beforehand in case you get the inexperienced tech again today. It makes your veins bigger and easier for them to draw from. :thumb:
 
@Arlene56, sending you a warm hug! Recovery is a lonely journey. I am right there with you about your parents. My parents both died 10 years ago, and my Mom's birthday is in 2 weeks, so I am thinking about her a lot, too, and missing her. My husband (of 30 years) is dependable and helpful, like yours, but the house gets very quiet while he is at work those long hours.

Regarding the blood, I didn't need any blood test to get off of the thinners. They just said two weeks of injections, and I should stop. So sorry you had that trouble. Take good care, Arlene!
 
@Rutabaga @Cynthia777 @Krista

Blood draw went ok. But right after I
receive a call from Dr asking if I was getting blood drawn. Told her just did and that I am not taking Warafin as I'm 4'wks postop. She had the incorrect surgery date and she said I didn't need my blood drawn today n:censored::hairpulling::gaah::hissy::tantrum:. Just grand, I tell you, just grand!!
 
@Arlene56 sorry you were having a hard time the other day missing your parents. My dad passed away 15 years ago and Feb 8th my mom was placed in a nursing facility, she has dementia & alzheimer's. I was her care giver for the last 8 years and it was difficult this time to have surgery without her to come home too or visit me in the hospital. I haven't seen her since last Wednesday and not sure when I will be able to get up there to see her. It doesn't matter how old we get, we still need our parents around when we are not feeling well.
Big hug to you!
 
@sunsetbiking Know your pain taking your Mom to nursing facility. Sounds like a very hard decision to make. What a great daughter you were in taking care of her for 8 years. You probably wouldn't have had it any other way. Does your Mom still recognize you? Both of my parents died from cancer. Dreadful disease.
Hope you can get up there to see your Mom.
Have a nice evening
 
@Krista
For the past 3 wks or so since being on blood thinner, I had to have my blood checked. Usually it was a finger prick burn not so.

Hope you are still excited for your upcoming surgery!!
 
@Arlene56, can't believe they made you have a blood draw that you didn't need! Grrrrr. You knew something was up, as it wasn't just a thumb prick. What a bummer!

I am positively FLYING about my surgery! Today I visited a rehab facility that I might go to after surgery. It was incredible and covered by my insurance. It will be cheaper for me to be there than at home, since I won't have to pay anything out of pocket at all. Single beautiful room, lovely common areas, sparkling PT room with one wall all glass with very nice view, two outdoor patios where I can sit and get to easily, wifi, lots of staff, saw many happy patients there. It is ¾ for people like me, acute post-op. It has a 5 star rating from USN, and lots of good reviews. I have a few other places to check out, but this one may be it. This will relieve all of my worries about how I will manage the stairs into the house when non-weight bearing while in immediate recovery from surgery with weak arms and a weak "good" leg. They even arrange transportation to your first post-op appointment at two weeks. I won't have to manage stairs and my husband won't have to take off work to help me get there. I am sure that after a few weeks I will be able to manage much more easily on my own with the walking aids.
 
@Arlene56 Thankfully yes she still remembers me. Her short term memory is completely gone. So she doesn't remember me visiting. I wish I could have kept taking care of her, but it was getting to difficult and lost several jobs because employers don't understand when I needed to take time off because she was sick and couldn't go to daycare or I had to take her to a doctor appointment.
I hope you have a nice evening as well!
 
@Krista That's wonderful. It sounds like you would get excellent care there. Is it close to your home? You don't even have to worry anybody driving to your 2 wk appt. By the time you have your surgery, I bet the grounds will be in spring bloom. It sounds heavenly.

@sunsetbiking Glad she still recognizes you. That's a blessing. Sorry to hear about you loosing a few jobs. But you were doing the right thing. Too bad companies can't understand issues that arise in ones life.
 
@Arlene56, it is only a 12 minute drive from my house, so hubby and sister can visit me everyday, whenever, no problem! So many good things about that place, and one of the best is that I can sit outside if I want, and get fresh air. Sis and I are checking out another highly rated place tomorrow.
 
@Krista Good luck tomorrow checking out another facility. So nice though that the one you saw today is so close to your home. Positives all around.
Talk to you tomorrow
 
@Krista
Waaaaa! I want to go to that "resort"! If I went to a hehab where I live, it would be a nursing home and I'm not up for that! I'm so happy you're able to go to someplace like you describe (and free on top of it)! That should take a lot of worry off your shoulders. Everything seems to be falling right into place!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom