Guest viewing is limited

TKR My post-op thread

Thanks @jbrooklyn , she is very special to me, and has a very contagious personality, she is one of those children that is destined for greatness!! She will/ has changed peoples lives.
 
Good! Amazing how much our knee pain effecting the rest of our bodies and then it has to adjust after the TKR.
 
Loaded up, and headed out...its about a 2hr drive for us to STL...Actually pretty comfy for now..anxious to get these staples out!!
 
I'm jealous! I get mine out next week and I can hardly wait! Good luck on the trip!
 
I tried to koad a pic of my traveling set up here in the van..but it wont load...Im in the middle passenger side seat with the front seat laid back..we have tons of pillows and my legs are on the front seat back...got my polar ice plugged in and running...This is actually a pretty sweet ride!!!
 
Have a safe trip! You sounds quite comfy!
 
so you got the battery for your polar ice or do you plug it into the car auxiliary? Good luck at the doctor!!
 
Sounds like you're doing well. The stretches sound good for the hip/muscle pain. I know they helped me after my tkrs.
 
WOW...What a day, we r still in St Louis, we left home this morning at 9 a.m. Hubby wanted to stop and look at a few boats and had to run into Bass Pro to pick up a couple things. I relaxed in the van. Did have to get out and waddle into Bass Pro Shop to use the restroom. That actually went really well, but of course the restrooms were in the back of the store.. Saw the doctor at 2, staples removed, what a relief! It did sting a little when they took them out, some bleeding. They put on about 6 steri-srips. He the knee looks wonderful, had some xrays, the X ray tech when she did the picture of my knee cap, she said I you are the most mobile two-week patient I've had, do you think you can lay on your stomach for this picture, so I flipped over on to my stomach. she was pretty astounded that I could do that, and had to go tell the whole entire staff, not going to lie , kind of made me feel pretty spectacular ! It's so strange to see my kneecap sitting where it's actually supposed to be. That knee cap has been setting off the lateral side my whole life, he told me he can't believe I was even able to walk, because there was nothing holding that knee cap in place. He said the kneecap was so worn down, and it was almost too far gone for them to be able to do anything with it at all. But they got the back of it all filled in with bone cement and then the plastic piece, he said it looked really well. I was very close to 0 extension not quite, but he said it will get there. Start outpatient PT next week, got a refill on my happy pills. He said he's not going to tell me how to cut back or reduce taking them he leaves that up to the patient, and says we usually do a pretty good job of taking care of that ourselves. We stopped and had a late lunch at bandanas BBQ, yummy it was so wonderful to be out. Took my pain medication at lunch, and I'm all settled back into my cozy spot in the van, going to stop and get some gas, some ice for my ice machine, and we are headed home. Its been a long day but it's been wonderful! Betcha I'll sleep good tonight and be pretty worn out tomorrow!And yes I plug the polar ice into the van it has a regular power outlet
 
Great report from dr.! Doesn't it feel wonderful to hear you're doing so well! Don't overdue tomorrow.
 
Outstanding!! Congrats on your great progress!!!
 
@kmann what a fabulous report!!! I am so happy for you!! I got a Polar Active Ice machine - well for the bilateral - so it has a Y so it has two bladders!! I hemmed and hawed about getting either the battery pack or the auxiliary plug. I didn't end up getting either. I may change my mind and get a battery pack - we will see. I do have some other Icing devices if I have to go out to too many events where there is not electricity. We shall see how it goes...... I know my daughter is having a 1st birthday party for my grandson at a park. I am thinking there won't be any electricity but I can give the other icing items a shot. I really don't have any other plans for the first few months..... Well I hope you have a nice quiet day tomorrow after your big adventure today!! So happy that everything went good!!
 
Yay!!!! Was one of the happiest moments of my recovery to date (at 5 weeks, no less).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am exactly 2 weeks today, I didnt expect it today, Home health PT was here, I laid down and she put her fingers underneath my heel like she usually does to help me lift. I started to do what I normally do, and I felt that quad muscle fire and I yelled out "look out...Im gonna lift it by myself". And up she went, I was soo excited! My mobility and range of motion with this knee has really changed a lot in just the last couple days. I notice a lot in bed at night when I roll over, I'm a side sleeper. Much easier for me to move around lying in bed now, my leg does what I ask it to do,and I don't have to physically move it with my hands. So nice to feel like I'm making progress! Although I am exhausted from my day trip yesterday and headed off for a nap right now
 
Just read your thread from start to finish - it's amazing to see how much you've improved in just 2 weeks. You're doing great! Very inspiring for someone like me who is having surgery on Tuesday. Woo hoo!
 
Super news! I felt the same way when I could finally do those by myself! Now lots of ice!
 
@Raffs thank you...this support group, has been so wonderful for me. Honestly, if I had not found this group I probably still would not have had my surgery I still be putting it off. So I'm glad that my journey is maybe helping you. It's not easy that's for sure, but I have faith and know that in the end it will be all worth it. Good luck next week I will be watching for your postop thread
 
You're story is definitely helping me. I'll be doing it in a few weeks. Whenever I run into someone who has had a TKR or talk to someone, they never give me details like I get here. I know This Forum will be huge when I'm Post Op. AND...Great job today !
 
Back
Top Bottom