Guest viewing is limited

TKR My post-op thread

I haven't had a shot in my heel yet, I keep putting it off. Yesterday's long walk was at a park, as I was walking slowly to the car a golf cart came along, saw that I was struggling and offered to drive me to my car. I never thought heel pain could be so bad. I've been wearing Vionic shoes to work and almost everywhere else. They help, but they're sandals and in a week I won't be able to wear them anymore. But even with the Vionics yesterday the walk was too much.
 
@kmann Have you tried custom orthotics for your PF? I found that since TKR I've had to wear mine constantly with lace up sneakers. When I was not walking much I wore slip on Sketchers, but have had to go back to lace up for support. It has helped soothe the PF and helps my gait. I taught high school and was on my feet constantly resulting in PF for which I also had multiple injections. I feel your pain! :swoon:
 
I know how you feel. 3 weeks into outpatient PT and starting to walk on my own, when I developed a small lump on my middle toe of tkr side. Foot Dr says it's inflamed, most likely because of the new PT ! Damned if you do...
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom