TKR My new knee

Josephine is right!

Get your heart checked too. A generalised feeling of tiredness could be s sign that something there needs attention.
 
Have you taken a sleep study? Sleep apnea can rob you of quality sleep, as well as impair oxygenation; and that leads to daytime fatigue and even falling asleep involuntarily at inopportune (and often dangerous) times. Have you also discussed the possibility of depression?
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
pegleg, I am just so happy for you. It's amazing to me that this reversal was possible and that you managed to endure it----but what great results. Got your life back!!!!
 
Fantastic pegleg, you are doing great! Congratulations on all your hard work! You took a chance and you won, you grab the brass rings! :yay: you!
 
Back to work!!! Oh noooooooo.

Actually, I'm thrilled to hear you are getting your life back. You are a success story for sure.
 
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) Side Effects & Withdrawal.
These are just the ones I had
CYMBALTA (DULOXETINE) SIDE EFFECTS:
• Nausea, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, decreased appetite, vomiting
• Dry mouth
• Insomnia, anxiety, tremor
• Dizziness, fatigue, sleepiness
• Sweating, hot flashes
• Blurred vision
• Headache
• Sexual dysfunction, lowered libido, erection difficulties, lack of orgasm
• Serious skin reactions, rash, hives (requires immediate MD assistance!)
• Blood pressure problems
• Interaction with other drugs (leading to serotonin syndrome among other reactions)
• Depressed mood, suicidal thoughts and behavior, suicide
And Now I have the following
SUDDEN WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS:
• Brain "Zaps" (electric shock-like senstations in the brain)

• Dizziness, light-headedness, vertigo, feeling faint

• Headaches

• Anxiety, irritability, hostility

• Nausea, diarrhea, digestive upset

• Tremor, hands shaking, nerve tingles, strange sensations

• Fatigue, tiredness, lack of energy

• Visual disturbances
 
WOW, that's some list! Wouldn't it have been easy for them to say what it doesn't affect.
 
Did you not wean off this because you just quit on your own, or because you weren't warned? Just curious because I was on effexor for a month and it didn't help. The doc said just quit, which resulted in three pretty difficult days. They can be such idiots!
 
Thanks Pegleg for the link. I hope you are starting to feel better. Very frustrated that you were treated this way and not given the information you needed to come off this drug.:gaah:
How is your knee doing?
 
I heard people had strokes and heart attacks on this drug. Why would anyone take it after reading the dangers is beyond my comprehension .
 
I took cymbalta to try and help with the pain....but was never told not to just quit. It was the worst sickness ever. The way the body reacts is like a withdrawal. There needs to be more warnings about this type of drug (SSRI Inhibitor) before their given out!

Yikes
 
Pegleg,
Your post sounds like I wrote it. That drug was the worst thing I ever took. My Dr kept telling me I needed a higher dosage to stop the side effects until it came to the point I was almost climbing the walls I was so bad, then the withdrawl was terrible, worse than the side effects. When I saw another Dr. he told me I was having withdrawl like someone withdrawing from heroin. The worst couple of months in my life. I woulds even smell it now.
Hope you are doing better and getting over things, hang in there it will go away but noone nows how long it will take.
 
So sorry you are having a bad time with the Cymbalta. It really gets to me when doctors prescribe drugs like there are no potential side effects at all. Patients have to just "discover" on their own when they are having problems. I know this medication may do wonders for some folks, but I also know of others who have experienced the same problems you are having. Hang in there.....it should get better with some time.
 
Cymbalta, an SSRI antidepressant, began to be prescribed "off-label" when many patients reported an easing of some chronic pain accompanying their depression. (Same with Wellbutrin, an SN/DRI antidepressant, when one of its side effects was a taming of cravings--whether for inappropriate eating or for tobacco). Wellbutrin (bupropion) was actually rebadged as "Zyban" in a smaller different-colored pill--at the same price as higher dose Wellbutrin--as an anti-smoking drug, until patients (and practical compassionate doctors) caught on and simply prescribed it (and eventually some brands of generic bupropion) for smoking cessation. And Cymbalta actually got FDA permission to be advertised as an SSRI specifically directed toward depressed patients with chronic pain ("depression hurts--Cymbalta can help" was the slogan). Now it's being marketed as an alternative to opioids and NSAIDs, which IMHO is just this side of unconscionable. A word to the wise: if you have freeze-frame on your remote control, use it, so you don't miss a word of the rather ominous disclaimers.

But the SSRI class has many different drugs--just as the earlier tricyclics did. And what SSRI (or as with Wellbutrin SN/DRI) works in one patient may not work for another, again just as with the tricyclics. These drugs shouldn't be given to patients prone to seizures. And NO drugs should be stopped abruptly without close medical supervision. And before being prescribed Cymbalta, your doc should ask you if you have had any adverse reactions to an SSRI (or are already on one, in which case it shouldn't be prescribed). Even Tramadol and an SNRI or SN/DRI can combine to produce serotonin syndrome.

BTW, the Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica we're sometimes prescribed now for breakthrough "neurogenic pain" (those deep painful lightning-strike pangs we feel when severed neural pathways reconnect) started out as anti-seizure meds for epileptics.

Let's not forget that though in general we enjoy "better living through chemistry," there are always tradeoffs. The least invasive and lowest-impact methods and substances that work effectively should be tried first--but NOT self-prescribed. (And beware the term "natural:" digitalis, nightshade, curare, urushiol, and even some poisons such as arsenic all occur in "nature.)" Herbal supplements are chemicals and drugs too--just ones that due to political influence have been exempted from FDA control and thus can be wildly inconsistent in purity, potency and effectiveness. As patients, we must set our "BS (and I don't mean "Bonesmart") detectors" to their most sensitive.
 
:hissy: :tantrum: :boohoo: The Dr told me it would be good for pain and I believed him. I have been studying the web and if you come off it slow then stop that way you still get some side effects some have it bad some don't so they don't know which is the best way to do it so I went cold turkey. today is my 6 day and my hands are shaken zaps in the head dizzy feeling sick and don't talk to me may take your head off.

I believe that this can last some time s**t. it could delay me going back to work.
pegleg
 
It as taken me two hours to try and get that right
:hissy: :tantrum: :boohoo: The Dr told me it would be good for pain and I believed him. I have been studying the web and if you come off it slow then stop that way you still get some side effects some have it bad some don't so they don't know which is the best way to do it so I went cold turkey. today is my 6 day and my hands are shaken zaps in the head dizzy feeling sick and don't talk to me may take your head off.

I believe that this can last some time s**t. it could delay me going back to work.
pegleg
 
Back
Top Bottom