Guest viewing is limited

TKR My new knee

Great, report, pegleg!!! Moving will be a supreme test of your new knee! Watch yourself....that's a LOT of work!!!
 
Hi all,

I fell getting out of the bath after my shower all the weight was through the tkr and I felt my foot slipping then I went down like a sack of potatoes, I screamed like a pig.


One of the Dr,s said it was fractured the other said it was OK.


Waiting to hear from my orthopedic surgeon pain not so bad today just resting the leg What should I do next???
 
Yikes pegleg!
I think it is time to Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate as needed. If you do not hear from the OS soon, call them.
Dulcimer Diva fell recently, so you are not alone in falling.
In the mean time I would stay off of it until you know if it is fractured, or if you just a bad tumble.
Take care and stay safe!
 
I agree. You need to take it easy until you know exactly what has happened to your leg. For the doctor that thought it was fractured, where did he say the fracture was??? Was this your GP or an orthopedic specialist???
 
he was an emergency Dr not an orthopedic Dr the orthopedic Dr said the scan was good
 
Bars, bars and more bars. My house looks like a display for bathtub bars, toilet bars and Shower bars. I have put in about 45 feet of them, and they are a great comfort to me. Don't think of it as closing the door after the horse has left, because you will use them for a long time.

I put some in for my father(83) as well last year. When he fell (I knew it was a matter of time), while he was unable to keep from falling with the bar, he was able to control his landing (on the softest part). I am confident that saved his hip right there....
 
Boy, you're soooo right, cheetahdriver!!! Grab bars are such a simple and effective safety feature in the bathroom (and other places around the home too).

Pegleg.....it sounds to me like you may be just fine, except for the pain of the fall. I hope so. I agree if you don't hear from the surgeon in the next day or so, give him a call.

Your treatment is most likely going to be something you are VERY familar with.....rest, ice, elevate and take something for any pain you have.
 
That is my biggest fear is falling. I am new to this group and just had a RTKR. I also have RA. I had two bad falls last February 2 weeks apart. I saw into the year 2030 and 2040. As I was reading your post I could feel your fall. OMG... Hope you are feeling better and glad nothing is broken. That's the main thing. I have bars all around my main bath room, but I need to get bars for the shower in my room. I use that shower when my mom is here with Alzheimer's. So now I realize I need to get those bars in there ASAP. Feel better soon. I like Jamie's idea... take something for any pain that you may have.
 
So my OS called to day and said that I had fractured my knee but where it is nothing needs to be done I will see her next week on Tuesday and will let you all know how I am doing
Peg
 
Hi Peg ... So sorry to read that you had a fall and fractured your knee. Hopefully when you see the OS you will find that it won't prolong things too long. Will catch up after you see the OS and see how things are going.

Take Care .. Ellen:flwrysmile:
 
Me too I know it hurt like hell when i fell just wanted to vomit but looks like not much damage to the knee
Just a small fracture which shold repair itself over time.

But on a second note you know what I will be doing this weekend fitting grab handle
Pegleg
 
Wow that must have scared your wife to death too--I am sorry about the knee, but glad it is in a place where it will heal. You are so lucky you live in Canada---here you might not have a job to go back to!!
 
Ouch!! I have a fear of falling also! So sorry you fell but glad that they seem to think the break is in a place that will heal itself!


Justacoach Oct. 3, 2013 BTKR
 
Omg, I will definitely have the handles placed in the shower stall. I am so afraid of falling having been there and done that but not in the shower. Many get well and feel better feelings sent your way.
 
I went down like a sack of potatoes, I screamed like a pig

That pretty well describes the grace of one of us falling. I've done the same, fortunately without damage to my knee although I looked like a fighter after one of my falls this summer.
 
I am so sorry!!! Please keep us informed as to what your OS specifically says and what you are to do next. Will your rehab change in any way?
Are you in lots of pain? Hope you have lots of pain pills
Ice and elevate!!
Sending you positive thoughts!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi all,
knee is OK and no breaks just soft tissue damage will need to be careful until it recovers from the fall.
Thanks every one for your prays and wishes
peg
 
Whew! What a relief Andrew, glad that it turned out to be only soft tissue damage.
 
Back
Top Bottom