TKR My new knee

Take things easy for a while, now. This will pass and you'll be on your way toward forward progress in no time.
 
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that and that you fractured your knee. I have fallen 2x since my TKR, the last one being last week. I was coming up a flight of steps to my condo with an arm full of groceries and landed square on my knees. There I was, groceries spread all over the landing, my purse in another corner, feeling like a nut case. I just sat for about 5 min. Finally I got up, collected all my stuff and went in. It seems OK, but the very spot it hit on the scar has a blood lister about 1/2" long.
I find that since I had the TKR, I have to be very careful with balance. Stumbling comes very easy ..... I was never like that before.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing.

abby
 
Knee back to normal just the cold getting into it and its been very cold here -34 with the wind.
See th OS next Jan and I will do an update then
Marry xmas and happy newyear
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
and
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
pegleg.


Andrew, so glad that you are recovering from your fall and that the your knee is doing well. We do have to be so careful as we get older. Seem to be much clutzer with the years.

Hope you and your wife have wonderful holidays. Stay warm and safe. We care.
 
Hi all sorry I have not been on for some time just been so busy. I am doing well over the fall out of the bath and knee getting stronger every day.
Might be strange but most of the time when I am out and walking I don't even think of the knee anymore

god bless all
Pegleg
 
Great to hear from you and wonderful news that you're doing so well. But what happened in November 13 to fracture your knee? Which knee?
 
walking without thinking about the knee. Oh, that is so cool. Tashia
 
But signature says "Fall November 11-2013 Fractured knee" which is why I asked.
 
I believe he fractured his kneecap during a fall in the bathroom. But, I will let him speak for himself!! @pegleg
 
So here is the latest xray from my back what do u all think
Mild to moderate multilevel spondylosis there is moderate to severe bilateral facet osteoarthritis involving the l3 4 and l4 5 and l5 s1 facet joints severe narrowing of the l3_4 and l4_5 and l5_s1

Dr says that this will effect my working life what do you all think and can some one flag it for the mods
 
Pegleg , I see you had your TKR January of last year 2013, and notice that you went back to work some nine months later . Was your recovery difficult ? I know they say it takes up to 1 year. But expectations and general rule of thumb is 12 weeks. And obviously everyone recovers at their pace. I hadnt noticed your posting before. Just curious and congratulations on the success.
 
Pegleg , I see you had your TKR January of last year 2013
@pegleg @icep707
Pegleg, Andrew, had a very rare reversal of a fused knee.
And is doing wonderfully well!!

Always great to hear from you Andrew.
I remember that amazing video you posted showing you walking normally after a decade plus with a fused knee.
You are quite remarkable, sir!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom