THR my new hips

Yay I made it. When do I get my decoder ring ? :loll: I'm feeling better now. We upgraded the wife's SUV so I'm getting the old Honda ready to sell. Spent all morning yesterday rolling around underneath it fixing some suspension stuff. Feeling ok. Going to the coast tomorrow 8 hour drive. I don't think it will be an issue.
 
@Gone again glad you are recovered from your temporary membership in the ODIC! 10000 steps sure sounds like a lot and you are 2 weeks behind me! I really need to get a fit bit - it might make me feel better about how much I am doing instead of worrying about the things I'm not! Are they expen$$sive?

@zauberflöte I loved your pun about Cain and Abel!!! You are so clever!
 
@gwenc I got my Fitbit on Amazon for I think $45 well worth it though easy way to track your activity. My wife's work gives her a new one every year. They have much more fancy ones that will track your all kinds of stuff. But I just got the cheapest.
 
Thanks @Gone again ! I will check them out. I don't need all the fancy pieces, just a step counter. Good luck on that long drive - remember to stop and get out and stretch your legs at least every hour or so!
 
Safe travels on your 8 hr drive to the coast tomorrow @Gone again
Wishing you a fun and relaxing getaway!
 
I'm back from the coast. We took the grandkids and dogs with us . The Oregon coast at Newport is beautiful. Weather was just about perfect. I wasn't able to get down to the water. Some 90 steps down! No way but I could still see Humpback whales from our room. I was a little swollen after driving so I spent some time with the ice. Since I overdid it last week my right knee has been swollen some,now it's pretty sore. I think it's from to much hobbling with the LTHR. Bummer. It was a 10 hour ride home. Good thing my Silverado has seats like a couch.
The weather here is going to stay over 90 for the next 10 days. This is North Idaho enough with the heat!
So it's back to the ice.
 
Hey Gone, welcome back! I was thinking about you when I climbed the stairs down to the water at my brothers house in Maine this weekend! Take 'er easy and let that hip and your knee heal!
 
Welcome back. Glad you were able to go and hope your knee is calming down.
I would LOVE to see the whales. Definitely in my bucket list.
Have a great day.
 
Glad you made it safely home from what sounds like a wonderful time.
Beautiful coastline, perfect weather, lovely wife and grandkids, whales and.....90 steps!!
That's enough to make anyone with a new hip take pause, lol!
I wouldn't have attempted navigating those either.
Sorry you're dealing with some swelling. Hopefully with some rest, ice and elevation
you'll be back to new in no time.
90's for ten days.....yuk! I'm over heat and AC. We're in mid to upper 70's here and that just fine with me.
I love Fall and all the beauty it brings.....can't wait......wish it lasted longer :bawl:
A great end of the week to you @Gone again
 
@Gone again - Good morning. I was reading some of your posts the other day on the 'pre-op' forum. Were you able to host your 4th of July picnic this summer? It's amazing and has been encouraging to me to read the comments over there, then watch how we all have progressed and healed up this summer. Continued best wishes and good luck to you on your recovery trek!
 
@gwenc it was @Gone again who started the whole Cain thing, I just was stupid enough to keep going :doh:

@Gone again I only had 32 stairs to do, repeatedly, in my trip, and my right knee (the one that did all the uphill hauling) became very very sore. Like you avoiding the 90, I avoided 16 as much as possible. That is so very cool you could see the whales! And to have great weather for something like that-- extra wonderful! Now we re-enter real life, and you have 90's while we in VA have cooler-than-expected and thus lovely! I guess I might have sent you the heat wave....
 
Day 74 and the right knee is a little better. Can't sit still and ice it all day so being careful. Did around 7000 steps yesterday. Went out shopping and realized I had forgotten my Cain again :censored: So rather than limp I'll stand there putting weight on the new left hip until I can walk without limping.maby 30 seconds.I started taking Turmeric along with the Tylenol 3 times a day. And iceing the knee about 3 hours at night. The resort had a pool/spa I used. Man did that feel good. @zauberflöte come and take this heat back home with you. @a0167913 we did have the party on the 4th l mostly sat it out. But everyone had a good time.
Luckily I had a pair of binoculars in the truck so I could see the Whales
I really wanted to go down to the beach but No way was I going to try try those 90 stairs. I'll be ready next year.
 
Glad you are recovering! I have 88 days / 12 weeks / 3 months under my belt. I am actually trying to lose track of days because I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't matter. I just have to wait it out. Comparing my progress to others' or to statistics just causes frustration or anxiety. Hoping to go to the pool for the first time today.
 
you are absolutely right, @gwenc , comparing ourselves to others is deadly. And statistics shmatistics-- pshaw! How was the pool? I can't immerse yet, I don't think. As I'm not a bath taker, and have no desire to get in a pool just now, it's not an issue. But you can be a swimmer vicariously for me!

@Gone again I'm glad your knee is improving, andyour "no limp" tactic sounds exactly like what I do! The longer I'm in the car, the longer I stand there, no doubt looking foolish...I've also had people look at me funny when I haul the cane from the passenger side to hook the driver door closed after me-- it's a very long door, and it hurts to lean out to grab it. We are tool users!

I will not take the heat, so there. We've had two chilly days in a row, very odd. Had to put on layers! But then it gets normal and warm-to-hot again.
 
HI @Gone again I was just reading your new posts. It sounds like you've learned a lesson from overdoing as I have also, hehe I find my knee will get sore if I limp which I do without the cane still. We will get there. My OS said I may limp for a year because of the shape I was in before and my surgery was quite technical I guess. My hip was dysplasia which means a shallow socket so that was moved and made new. Glad it's done and the pain gone. I've never made 10000 steps yet... around 6 to 8000 on average. I have a Bellabeat that I wear as a necklace and it counts steps but only if you're up more than 5 minutes so my short jaunts aren't counted. It also tracks my sleep and stress levels plus has built in meditations I can use. It syncs to my phone. Keep up the great work. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Cheryl. but to me overdoing things is a challenge. Finding other ways to do things without pain. Working smart or at least as smart as I get. My knee is improving and starting to loose some weight. In a couple of weeks I'll be going into the mountains to set up camp for Elk archery season. Mostly for my son but I'll still take my bow incase something walks through camp. I'm good on the ATV but not hiking into the woods yet. Yes everyone is nervous for me but I'll be fine. It won't be the first time I've gone hunting while recovering from surgery. Plus I'll only be alone for a few days.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom